Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

akhl

IF-Rockerz

akhl

Posted: 28 December 2011 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
I understand it is not relevant to the forum but not getting any response in the forum where it belongs. I will keep it only for a few hours, then edit it (hope to get some response by then).

I need to help a student for his conflict management assignment in his communication skills class.

Please refer me to a news article (URL) from international media which is about conflict between two parties. It should be about some real incident, preferably recent. By conflict, I mean that the two parties have different goals or likes and dislikes and they feel that their goals clash.

I need to provide three solutions to resolve the conflict. Resolving the conflict means that some solution should be possible so that both parties are happy. The conflict should be such that it is possible to present all the three solutions to it in about 20 minutes (so please give something simple).

The two parties may be two individuals or two groups of people. Or, it may even be a single person who feels that his two goals clash.

The solution should not be present in the news article and you do not need to give me the solution. Just refer me to a URL containing such a news and I will help the student find the solutions.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

metallicaz

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Need news of an incident involving some conflict" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

desigrl05

IF-Sizzlerz

desigrl05

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 28 December 2011 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
Hey akhl , can't help you with the problem as I can't think of anything but just wanted to stop to say hi, its been long time seeing you since the ksbkbt days

akhl

IF-Rockerz

akhl

Posted: 28 December 2011 at 5:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by desigrl05

Hey akhl , can't help you with the problem as I can't think of anything but just wanted to stop to say hi, its been long time seeing you since the ksbkbt days

Hi, nice to see a message from you after such a LONG time. Do you visit this forum regularly? Do you watch this serial?

akhl

IF-Rockerz

akhl

Posted: 28 December 2011 at 6:02pm | IP Logged
Example of a conflict:

The head cashier of a shop says, "No one notices when we do good work. The 'high-ups' only notice when queues are long and mistakes are made!"

She then says, "How about some compliments once in a while? No one says anything nice. They don't even know we're here."

The conflict is between management and workers. Management wants that work should be perfect and the workers want that they should get recognition if they do good work.

One way to resolve the conflict is:-
Workers should work harder. Management should criticize workers if work is not done well but should also compliment them if they do good work.

This was an example I gave but this is hypothetical. I am looking for some real incident which involves a conflict.

-Nymphadora-

IF-Veteran Member

-Nymphadora-

Posted: 28 December 2011 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
i guess i can help you...im a management student..
wait a bit..Smile...
*edit*
here is one...its based on the maruti plant at hirasar and the conflict between,the workers who demanded a union and the management...
there are Tons of articles on in,but here are some!

Edited by shruti.nil - 28 December 2011 at 7:18pm

desigrl05

IF-Sizzlerz

desigrl05

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 28 December 2011 at 8:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by akhl

Originally posted by desigrl05

Hi, nice to see a message from you after such a LONG time. Do you visit this forum regularly? Do you watch this serial?

yup im here pretty often and am an avid viewer of this show

akhl

IF-Rockerz

akhl

Posted: 28 December 2011 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
Thanks Shruti.
Could you give some news article from international media? This is because the student studies in Singapore (sorry for not mentioning it earlier). So I think the news should be something which is either local to Singapore or something which has become international news.

-Nymphadora-

IF-Veteran Member

-Nymphadora-

Posted: 29 December 2011 at 1:25am | IP Logged
international media?...will try...and update later if possible!

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.