Chetan Hansraj article

* ~ Roshni ~ * thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 years ago
Chetan Hansraj's debut film
   By: Chaitanya Padukone
   April 19, 2006

Chetan Hansraj

TV actor Chetan Hansraj, who plays the menacing Sasha in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, is all set to make his film debut with 24x7 Bombay Salon (Unisex), directed by Nabh Kumar Raju. The film also marks the comeback of actress Anita Raaj.

Urban feel

The light-eyed actor confirmed that he had been  "finalised to play the anti-hero lead of a hunk who comes to rob a beauty parlour. And Tara Sharma will be my co-star."

Considering that he had acted "pricey" for other film offers, why did he agree to this project? "I was being offered only routine, villainish characters, which did not excite me," he says.

"This film seems quite unconventional, with an  urban-metro feel, and after director Raju's narration, I had a gut feeling that I should take it up."

TV still on

Has Sasha taken a sabbatical? "Yes. Since nearly a month, I have not shot for Kahaani, but will resume whenever they require me.

It's not like I am quitting TV, now that I have bagged my first movie," clarifies Hansraj, who was recently conned by a UK-based casting coordinator into blocking shooting dates for a foreign film that never took off.

Director Raju was not aware of Chetan's Sasha screen character when he approached him for Bombay Salon.

"I don't get time to watch TV serials, since I am also busy finishing my crime-thriller film, Hit List.

While browsing through newspapers, I saw Chetan's photograph, and it grabbed my attention. I got in touch with him, as I knew he suited my debonair, macho lead character," says the filmmaker, who plans to start shooting the film early next month.

Source: Midday