Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

aromi thumbnail

Some Articles..

Aamna Sharif: Rajeev is not an MCP

By Jyothi Venkatesh

image hspace6On How She Wanted To Be An Actress Right From Childhood Ever since I was a tiny tot, I remember wanting to be an actress, though my family was dead against the idea of my becoming an actress because I hail from a very conservative family. At one stage, I had to kill my ambition.

On  Working As A Salesgirl
Even while I was studying in National College for three years, I started working in a boutique as a salesgirl cum fashion designer both rolled up in one, to earn some pocket money for myself.

On Having Done Ad Films
I convinced my mother to let me do at least one ad film. After struggling for a year, I did an ad film for Medimix soap in which I appeared in a salwar kameez. Jeetu Savlani gave me a girl-next-door look. I wanted to have my own portfolio. Though I was very scared to ask my mother for a loan, I did ask her one. I couldn't even sleep a day before the ad was shot because I was worried whether I'd be able to repay her.

On Having Done 35 Music Videos
I did around 35 ads and my mother allowed me to do a music video as well. My first music video was Dil Ka Aalam. My aunt accompanied me to the outdoor shoot in Simla. The music video clicked and I ended up doing 15 music videos in a year and a half.

On How She Said No To TV Serial Offers Before KTH Happened
I was keen on a career as an actress but the roles I was getting did not really inspire me. I kept on refusing offers to act in serials. Ultimately I said yes to Kahin To Hoga because I realized that the role of Kashish was very challenging. I knew the role would enable me to grow as an actor. My gut feeling proved to be right.

On How The Guards At Balaji Refused To Let Her In For Audition
Acting for an ad film is different because it does not require any amount of acting ability from you. To act in a TV serial is tough. You wouldn't believe it but the guards at Balaji refused to let me go in for audition though I had received a call from them after some one there had seen me in a music video. The audition required me to mug up two pages of dialogues. I developed cold feet and ran away but took it up as a challenge and went there after three days and gave an audition. After three days, I was chosen to play Kashish.

On Her Growth As An Actress
I have tremendously grown as an actor. Whatever I am today as an actress, I owe to Ekta Kapoor and director Anil V. Kumar. Initially I did not even know the difference between the script and the dialogue copy. I found it difficult to mug up, when the scripts for ten episodes were sent in advance. I used to rehearse a lot on the sets and think before the shoot about how my character would react to the scene. Anil used to correct me initially vis a vis the graph of the character. You put in your 100% as an actress but if either your director or the screenplay is not good, you will fall short of delivering

On How Close Is Aamna to Kashish
Kahin To Hoga is the only serial in which I am acting now. People wonder why I am not cashing in on my popularity and grabbing a dozen offers. I believe in giving 100% to one serial. I believe in quality. Kahin To Hoga is like a baby to me. I am very close to the character of Kashish. In fact you would be astonished to know that quite often I react in real life exactly like Kashish when I am placed in the same situations. I am the type who'd like to marry the person with whom I am in love. However I will not sacrifice for family values but convince my family to let me marry him, unlike Kashish who is too giving in.

On Her Role in Pakistani Serial Ana
I have a very different role in Ana, a Pakistani serial for which I went to Dubai to shoot sometime back. I play Megha, a strong woman with a mind of her own. I am a dancer in Ana like Madhuri Dixit was in Devdas. The Devdas number Maar Daala was picturised on me for the serial in which I have been teamed opposite Shehzaad .I have been given a totally different look.I have a glamorous look when I am in the bar but you will see me in a deglamourised look wearing a cotton salwar kameez when I am at home. You will find me in a different kind of performance in Ana. I shot for all the 13 episodes at one stretch for director Suleman who is amazing. He knows his taking. His USP is that emotion wise he keeps the mood of the character on. I am getting offers from Pakistan after Humayun Saeed's Ana but I have not accepted because I am busy with Kahin To Hoga.

On Acting In Films
I am keen on films but I want my debut to be the best. I will rather wait for the right banner than hurry up and sign any banner.I want a big banner like say that of Subhash Ghai or Yash Chopra or Sanjay Leela Bhansali to launch me. I will continue to work in serials even after I sign films because today I am what I am only because of Kahin To Hoga.

On What She Likes About Rajeev Khandelwal aka SujalRajeev and I are good friends. I am quite comfortable with Rajeev as an actor. Rajeev is humble and friendly. He has a positive outlook towards life and is not a male chauvinist. He is a very good singer. His minus point is that his anger lasts the whole day. I'd look for the qualities, which Rajeev has, when I start looking out for my right guy. The thought of marriage has not crossed our minds. When I get married, I'd prefer to settle down and give myself completely to my home. Both Rajeev and I are strong headed. It took us almost seven months to get to like each other.

Sweet-farah thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
haailaaaa.....harpy kya pic's hai πŸ‘ πŸ˜› ...i had also came to join ur club...kya aap mujh accept kargi πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† ?????
aromi thumbnail

Chat transcripts!!!

Aamna Shariff
Transcript of LIVE CHAT with TV actress, Aamna Shariff at 15.00 hrs on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 in Mumbai

"Rajeev (Sujal) will be on top of my list if I ever think of being in a relationship."

Sonya_k > Hi Aamna, you are really very pretty and sweet! My question is - who is your dream date?
Aamna Shariff > Hi Sonya. Thanks a lot. I would want to go out for a date with Amitabh Bachchan.

Sonya_k > Who does Aamna like the most - Rajeev or Sujal?
Aamna Shariff > I think Sujal. If I would get a character like Sujal in real life, I would go out with him without giving it a second thought.

Crazy4rajeev > Hi loveliest Aamnaji. We are two sisters - Sehrish and Maira from Pakistan. You are the most beautiful and gorgeous woman we have seen. We admire you a lot. Please tell us when you are coming to Karachi(Pakistan)? Is Rajeev coming too?
Aamna Shariff > How sweet! Thank you so much for the compliment. It gives me a great high and I will be there to see you people on 24th of next month(April). Rajeev (Khandelwal) will be joining me there, I guess on the 28th of April.

Mini > Where are you from? What's your background? How did you get this role (of "Kashish" in Kahiin To Hoga )?
Aamna Shariff > I am from Mumbai and I stay at Bandra. I was from National College there. My dream was to become an actress. As a child I always dreamt of becoming one and I am still achieving it. I was modelling for a –and-a-half before Ektaa Kapoor called me for an audition. That's how I got selected.

143sakbh > Ammnaaa, is Rishi your boyfriend?
Aamna Shariff > No, he is not.

Awais > Hi Aamna, any thanks message to Allah for giving you so much fame in the world.
Aamna Shariff > I pray every night to Allah for giving me this kind of a lifestyle and fulfilling all my dreams.

Jasdeep1610 > Aamnaji, how similar are you to the character of "Kashish" that you play in Kahiin To Hoga .
Aamna Shariff > Aamna is different from "Kashish". Only some of her qualities are similar that why I portray this character in such a natural way.

Kish > You are very beautiful. Who is the most beautiful lady according to you?
Aamna Shariff > Thank you. Externally there are a lot of people who are very beautiful and who can't be compared because one is better than the other. But according to me, the most beautiful woman is my mom.

Sandip > What is your birth date?
Aamna Shariff > July 16 th .

Hemu > What are your hobbies?
Aamna Shariff > I love watching films, going for long drives and playing with my cat. And I love sports like throw ball, tennis.

Awais > In which year did you start your career?
Aamna Shariff > I don't quite remember the year, but it was around three-and-half years back.

Andy > How and when did you get your first break?
Aamna Shariff > My first break was for an ad film. It was for a soap called Medimix. I had distributed my pictures and I was called for an audition to do the ad film.

Mini > Are you and Rajeev seeing each other? Please, please tell me or. At least tell if he is attracted to you? Do you find him handsome? Are you seeing someone else? Any boyfriend in your life?
Aamna Shariff > Rajeev is a charmer. He is good-looking and very caring. But I am not seeing him and I have no boy friends. But Rajeev will be on top of my list if I ever think of being in a relationship.

Awais > What's your name and role in the next Pakistani serial?
Aamna Shariff > In the second project ( Sun Le Na ) I am playing a photographer called "Visal." And in the first Pakistani serial called Ana , my name was "Megha" and I was playing a dancer.

Urfan > Hello Amnadidi. What part of India are you from? Are you a pure Indian or an Irani also? Are you a Muslim, Afghani? I heard so many things that I am confused?
Aamna Shariff > Don't be confused. I am very much an Indian. But my mom is a Persian.

Shreya > How do you find doing romantic scenes with Rajeev?
Aamna Shariff > Earlier I used to be a bit nervous before knowing Rajeev as a person. But after knowing him I think he is the most comfortable actor to work with.

Hemu > What do you aspire for in your life?
Aamna Shariff > There are so many things that I aspire for. Like good work gives me a high that is when I can aim for bigger things in life. And the list can go on and on.

Chaitu > Are you planning any other things in your career?
Aamna Shariff > Yes of course. I plan to move ahead in life. I am looking for a right script in films.

Andy > Recently I heard about you leaving KTH - is it true or just a rumour?
Aamna Shariff > I don't want to say anything in that matter, as of now.

Rajeevaamna > Why were you and Rajeev missing from the programme on TV - Rang Barse? We just watched it for you both - the best couple in the whole world.
Aamna Shariff > Because we were shooting.

Shreya > How is life? Must be very hectic.
Aamna Shariff > Yes, it is very hectic. But I love working so it doesn't trouble me.

Rutuja > Why have you stopped doing music videos? You look stunning in Phalguni Pathak's video.
Aamna Shariff > I have not stopped. I am planning to get into modelling as well. And my start up was the Nescafe ad.

Awais > If somebody comes to you and say that he loves you, what will you do?
Aamna Shariff > Ask him - How much do you know me to love me?

Garima > Rajeev and Aamna make an excellent pair? Does this on -screen chemistry exist off screen too?
Aamna Shariff > No, it doesn't. But yes, we share a very strong friendship, which is reflected off screen whenever you see us.

Anum > Hi, when will your new Pakistani drama be aired?
Aamna Shariff > I think, after on two months.

Sanjana > Any special message for your fans?
Aamna Shariff > I love you guys and wherever I am right now (position) it is because of you and your love. Keep loving me like this forever.

Sanjana > You got so popular in such a short time. What would you say about it?
Aamna Shariff > A dream come true. And I believe very strongly in sincerity. If you are loyal and sincere towards your work, it can take you to places.

Rutuja > What do you think about your co-stars in Kahiin To Hoga ?
Aamna Shariff > I don't term them as my co stars because they are like a big family to me and I miss them when I am not shooting with them, as much as you would miss your home.

Rutuja > What's the secret of your cute and appealing smile?
Aamna Shariff > That's god gifted and I love it!

Mad_about_kth > I can't believe I'm talking to you!
Aamna Shariff > It's so sweet to get (messages) from people like this. And the whole team of KTH will try their level best to fulfill all your expectations. And yes, you are talking to me indeed.

Shobha > What is your birth date?
Aamna Shariff > July 16th

Sonya_k > What kind of a girl was Aamna during her childhood?
Aamna Shariff > A very mischievous girl who was crazy about dancing.

143sakbh > Aamna, we all think you are like Aishwarya Rai and Rajeev is like Shah. What do you say about this?
Aamna Shariff > That's very sweet of you to compare me to Ash but I want to make my own mark.

Sanjana > What type of projects do you prefer?
Aamna Shariff > I just want to try out different concepts. One role should be different to another and should be very challenging.

Kia kashish hai tujh mein > I heard that you and Rajeev are good friends but how you became good friends?
Aamna Shariff > I think it's just time which got us into a good friendship gradually, as we got to know each other.

Kia kashish hai tujh mein > I have heard that Rajeev Smriti Irani and you are doing a serial. Is that true?
Aamna Shariff > Smriti was offered another project but not with us. We are not doing any serials together.

Ghazanfar > Hi Aamna shariff. If you can answer me so please tell me why do you wear a wig?
Aamna Shariff > Because I love my own hair and can't ruin it by ironing (it) everyday.

Shreya > I just love you and Rajeev's pair. Will I ever see this pair in real life?
Aamna Shariff > I don't know. If it's destiny it can happen but as of now, it is no.

Sanjana > If you were not an actor what you would have been?
Aamna Shariff > A fashion designer.

Insaneashi86 > Hi Aamna, this is Ayesha from Pakistan. I like you and your drama only but I don't like Sujal. I want to ask from you – are you the daughter of Babra Shariff?
Aamna Shariff > Hi Ayesha. I am not Babra Shariff's daughter. But people have mistaken me a lot of times to be her daughter.

Urfan > Oh, and yes I love your dressing sense on TV. Is it you or some one else who does your wardrobe? Who is it?
Aamna Shariff > It's Nim Sood. I call her masi (aunty). A little credit goes to me also as I am particular how I dress up.

Kia kashish hai tujh mein > People say that you are not happy from the present story line of Kahiin To Hoga. Why?
Aamna Shariff > Yes, I am not happy because KTH has a flavour and now it's slightly going low. So I don't want that to ever happen, that's the reason I am slightly depressed.

Mukeshvalecha > Who is your role model?
Aamna Shariff > My mom.

Kia kashish hai tujh mein > What about Shaadi (marriage)?
Aamna Shariff > Marriage is a very strong commitment and two people really have to think and get into something like that because it just happens once in a life time.

Mukeshvalecha > You were looking cool in album with your professor model. Who's that guy and are you doing any other music album?
Aamna Shariff > I don't remember the guy's name because it was shot a year-and-half-back. As of now, I am not doing any videos. But very soon, I will.

Sonia_luvs u _aamna > I think Aamna loves Rajeev more then any one else. Right Aamna? Ask from your heart!
Aamna Shariff > I asked from my heart and it's a no.

Sign Off Message > I love all you guys and thank all of you for giving me so much of love!

aromi thumbnail

'I am looking for change!'
- Aamna Shariff

Life seems to be treating Aamna Shariff pretty well. This popular actress who plays Kashish in Star Plus' Kahiin to

Aamna Shariff: Going places!

Hoga has been flooded with offers for both films and television.

"I am looking for a character who is completely different from Kashish. Something bigger than her," says Aamna. She's now on the verge of signing a big serial, that will not only help her move away from the demure 'Kashish' mould, but will also have her sporting a completely new look.

Even film offers are coming in by the dozen. Aamna has gone through a number of scripts and is really interested in two of them. "They are big banner films, but since it will be my debut film, I am being a little choosy,"she laughs.

Talking about her experience while shooting for a Pakistani serial in Malaysia recently, Aamna visibly brightens up, saying that she plays a character very much like Sujal in Kahiin To Hoga, " For once I get to dump Rajeev,"she giggles.

Shooting the Pakistani serial was an experience that will always be close to Aamna. It was very different from the usual shooting that is done in Indian soaps, she says, adding, "They do not shoot from different angles. Acting is more real, it's fast and you are expected to shoot a considerable amount without breaks. This I think will be a learning experience for any Indian television actor."

Aamna is probably among the few in the industry who don't believe in the adage the "more the merrier" --- taking on projects and leaving little time for her personal life, is something that she does not believe in. "I have worked round the clock for a long time, now I want to finish my day's work and come home and relax," says this lady, who is looking to do

Aamna and Rajeev: The Sangini Indian Telly Awards 'Couple of the Year'

different characters, be it on the telly or the big screen.

Ask her about rumours about her quitting Kahiin to Hoga, and she bursts into peels of laughter, telling us that as long as Kashish has different shades to offer, she will stick to the role, but she does not want to continue if the present track drags too long.

So when does the lady plan to tie the knot, we ask --- again we are greeted with a dazzling smile, as she says, "Marriage is something very big, it's not happening for me in the next five years."

Marriage or not, Aamna is surely going places!

By ANANYA SENGUPTA Posted on 31 March 2005
11:26 am

aromi thumbnail
le now say...i'm aalsi..ya fara u r most welcome to join the club...
Sweet-farah thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
[/IMG]
s_labha thumbnail
thx harpy 😊 ..i had never come acroos Gr8 cover story article one...
shizajaved thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Hey everybody .. em ere !! 😊

Harpy.. Great Work πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘