Views

Users

Frequent Posters

suzi_b thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
MADS shouldn't have said yes to this FILM...πŸ˜”

Gulabi Gang leader to move court against film on her life

Gulabi Gang leader Sampat Pal is in a belligerent mood.
Ever since the 65-year-old activist came to know that a film based on her life is being made with actress Madhuri Dixit playing her role, she has been hopping mad and now plans to seek an injunction from court against the film.

"Neither the film's producer (Anubhav Sinha) nor Madhuri Dixit have contacted me or sought my permission to make a film on my life. I am going to file a case against Madhuri Dixit and seek a ban on the film," she said on phone from Banda.
A few years ago, another film producer had planned to make a film on the life of Sampat Pal who is the founder president of the Gulabi Gang, a group of women vigilantes all dressed in pink saris that operates in the Bundelkhand region.
"He shelved the movie when I threatened him with legal action," she said.
The proposed film, being produced by Anubhav Sinha on Sampat Pal's life, is titled "Gulab Gang" and though the filmmaker admits that it is inspired by "something that happened in Uttar Pradesh".
Mr Sinha insists it is not based on the life of anyone in particular.
Sources said that "Gulab Gang" is a story of a gang of women fighting against social injustice, which is exactly what Sampat Pal's Gulabi Gang does.
According to sources, there are about six female characters in the film of which Madhuri Dixit has already been signed on.
The film does not follow Sampat Pal's life and takes ample cinematic licence and this is exactly what is bothering the Gulabi Gang leader.
"What if they show me dancing around trees or committing murders? I cannot allow any film producer to malign or distort my image like this," said Sampat Pal.
The proposed movie "Gulab Gang", meanwhile, will go on floors after monsoon and is expected to be released on March 8 β€” Women's Day β€” next year.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/nation/north/gulabi-gang-leader-move-court-against-film-her-life-815

khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Mrsimisam

@RED...Der u go...
u knw i dnt like it wen people say MD's 2nd inning was not dat gud...''Aaja nachle didn't fare well even though she was brilliant in it''...n all...U knw however gud she is in a movie,in d end all dat people remember is how d movie fared at d BO...n den starts d comparison game...hate it...😑

Oh yes i used to visit BB forum smtimes coz of Salman...oho so again u'll have to practice d same exercise...bt den wat to do anything 4 madz...right...πŸ˜ƒ

I don't know coz I'm an MD fan nd tend 2 read more abt her or what, but ppl(media) were always ready 2 pounce on MD if nd whn she failed, more so than d other actresses.  So yeah d movie needs 2 be a BO success else she'll be hounded 2 no end.

At d time whn Aaja Nachle was released, I was very busy nd had infact stopped watching movies completely. Whn I read how Aaja... had fared, I was disappointed. But just a few days back I fianlly saw d movie nd Madz was just too good nd d movie, though not brilliant was enjoyable. Totally confused me dat it bombed at d BO. πŸ˜•

Yeah anything 4 Madz.πŸ˜³πŸ˜‰
Edited by munns - 11 years ago
amishachawla thumbnail
wottt   why that gulabi gang lady wants to file a case against madsπŸ˜²πŸ˜•.😑she wud just be acting in it...crazy after so many years wanted to see her back in movies n this Edited by amishachawla - 11 years ago
*Resham* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Why would she file a suit against Mads, cmon she is just acting in it, ridiculous
MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: amishachawla

wottt   why that gulabi gang lady wants to file a case against madsπŸ˜²πŸ˜•.😑she wud just be acting in it...crazy after so many years wanted to see her back in movies n this

dont worry!!! Ishqiya is happening for sure!! 
suzi_b thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Yup Dedh Ishqiya is her comeback film & JDJ's coming up...let's concentrate on these two for now...

Only thing is that Mads better stay away from trouble...why not a family entertainer or a classic romance? hope she does one...

Now it's JDJ time...
*Resham* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Agree...to above..lets concentrate on JDJ and DI
greatsumkum thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Salman Khan - Madhuri Dixit

Love you all❀️
Neha