Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Thanks T&D for JJKN!!!! (Page 2)

shiverz Goldie
shiverz
shiverz

Posted: 10 April 2005 at 12:21am | IP Logged

wow!! interesting opinions and well expressed, Peaches and Rumi!ClapClapClap

First of all, yes, I agree that JJKN is a very different story from all those Ekta-showsConfused, which is probably one of the reasons why it is so popular!

And as far as the deviation goes, I'm not quite sure if it was a good idea. Looking at it positively, the show definetely has gotten more interesting in the sense that what will happen next is unexpectable (since it is no longer following BLF) But on the other hand, it is sad that T&D changed such a beautiful story!! (I think everybody that knows the BLF story agrees that it is a nice story, yes?)

And finally, as peaches had said: "I hate the fact that so many people knit pick on the smallest details of the show and forget the over all big picture." I have to agree w/ Rumi that because this is a discussion forum, people have to look at all the little details & things in order to discuss the show! Yes, it is important to look at the 'big picture' however, the small details all add up to that 'picture' and T & D have made/ are making a great deal of bloopers (as it can be seen in the post "official list of bloopers" which was posted a while back)

Well, this is just my opinion!Smile

ms-tabu Goldie
ms-tabu
ms-tabu

Posted: 10 April 2005 at 4:55am | IP Logged

well peaches  u have done agood job,u really loked like adrama critic,yes i agree jjkn is adifferent show,not the usual soap, thanks to t and d for bringing BLF apaptation.

but as rumi has said that we cant turn blind 2 all the crap they give us,we r not fools 2 accept foolish stories and give credit ,modifications can be made,but why kill the beautiful mesage that the story had,and as rumi said,for discussing minute details like cellphone etc,well this is theuniqueness of this forum,and as members and jjkn fans we have to point out 2these details too ,liitle things only perfect  the show.rumi once again u hav e left me speechless,good effort once againClapthis  is all i ha d 2 say,nothing personal we r friends here,rumi u r a confirmedBLF PanditClapi just luv your posts rumi

Edited by tablet - 10 April 2005 at 5:00am
prettywoman Goldie
prettywoman
prettywoman

Posted: 10 April 2005 at 5:15am | IP Logged

Well done to peaches and Rumi.

But Rumi, u have summed it up so well ClapClap   Clap  as to why BLF is far superior to JJKN after the bit where Jassi has turned into a model

I agree with ur Rumi that it is good that T&D did not show J sleeping with A and Pari with her hosepants showing. But they have turned the character of Jassi into a mouse and not a fighter like BettyCry

I loved reading ur viewpoints Rumi.. well doneClapClap

np18 Goldie
np18
np18

Posted: 10 April 2005 at 8:51am | IP Logged

hi,this is my first post and i couldnt resist answering this as i simply love the serial---bloopers and all----if ididnt i wouldnt feel lik hitting the tv each time t&d made one....

blf seems so much more simpler that somewhere along the way all characters have changed in a different way than they did in the original..its almost unfair to compare jassi with betty..betty did not have the drama of purab in her life, the broken engagement and all that which jassi did, ....she didnt have her so called illicit relationship thrown at her and her family in the press...all this would natually make jassi react diff from betty..i dont know if ANYONE would have retained their innocence after all that..and even the new jessica(much as i dislike the concept of jessica) is fine..shes only tryin to become cold and calculating and unsuccessfully if u ask me..jassi hasnt changed much..her clothes have (i hate them esp the famous black saree.) she does seem quite dumb at times lik she didnt think about y on earth wud armaan be in the hospital with bebe or wen raj told her armaan was in love with her but as the show isnt yet over i m planning to wait and see if theres some sense in that also....and cry later on if it turns out stupid. as for her becoming a model intead of using her brains i guess it was to make her come incognito to gulmohur(though y i still cant make outConfused) as peaches said maybe to showcase a complete woman-beauty and brains and all (unnecessary concept acc to me) jassi was near perfect to me, now she has to go backwards all over again if she wants to be lik her before self.

compared to jassi- betty change thats for alot of us irritating, i think the growth of past armaan to the present armaan is simply.....wudve said unbelievable if i wasnt for apoorva...armando change wasnt so iumpressive but then he was never perhaps shown to be as mean as armaan..i cud never digest the fact that armando went back ti that mallika character but i cant imagine armaan doing that.armaan doesnt seem so weak spirited now, he has guts and has developed a spine....the credit shud go to te directors  for this atleast..

i know its easy to get irritated with the directors and say y did they have to make it complex by deviating but the fact remains that we dont have a say and so we can only discuss wats shown on tv,, lament on the bloopers and hope the characterisation remains tolerably consistent.  

personally i feel purab has been the worst treated character--the unexplained exits,the unexplained appearancesand now the suden humanising or dehumanising if u want to say that...

i dont know which s better -jjkn or blf-------i just know that jjkn makes or breaks my day...somehow ive always thought of blf as a separate entity beautiful yes but separate from jjkn..so i guess my dissapointment is slightly lesser wen they dont follow the script and i dont mind their bloopers coz they make me laugh(without the supporting cast, jjkn badly needs humour)

as long as finally jasi armaan get together its fine..but if the directors change that ...well curse them to oblivion Angryand watch blf again and agian

ssssorry for the long post..no offense to anyone , just wanted to share my thoughts.Smile

Shalini_ms Groupbie
Shalini_ms
Shalini_ms

Posted: 10 April 2005 at 8:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by peaches

vasamv...Thank you very much for you comment.Smile  I did not know that Betty actually sleeps with Armando.   Shocked.  Well then again BLF is a Spanish soap, so it is expected.  Does she sleep with the character who plays Pruba too?

Thanks

No she does not sleep with Micheal. They shared a very friendly relationship and Micheal actually never confessed his love to Betty/ Jassi even though Betty/Jassi could perceive it.

Piscean IF-Rockerz
Piscean
Piscean

Posted: 10 April 2005 at 9:03am | IP Logged
Good analysis Peaches and everyone else too! As far as my personal opinion is concerned, I'm glad I'm watching this show without any prior knowledge of BLF so I seem to take it as T&D give it to me. I like the twists and the turns and every aspect of it but like someone mentioned I don't appreciate them showing Jassi weak and undecisive. But maybe everyone goes through different phases in their lives and this mite be one that T&D are projecting thorugh Jassi to us viewers. So as far as I'm concerned I like the show just as it is going in with the unbiased view of ignorance to the mother show. I guess you could say in my case that ignorance is bliss! Big smile
shiverz Goldie
shiverz
shiverz

Posted: 10 April 2005 at 10:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by np18

hi,this is my first post and i couldnt resist answering this as i simply love the serial---bloopers and all----if ididnt i wouldnt feel lik hitting the tv each time t&d made one....

blf seems so much more simpler that somewhere along the way all characters have changed in a different way than they did in the original..its almost unfair to compare jassi with betty..betty did not have the drama of purab in her life, the broken engagement and all that which jassi did, ....she didnt have her so called illicit relationship thrown at her and her family in the press...all this would natually make jassi react diff from betty..i dont know if ANYONE would have retained their innocence after all that..and even the new jessica(much as i dislike the concept of jessica) is fine..shes only tryin to become cold and calculating and unsuccessfully if u ask me..jassi hasnt changed much..her clothes have (i hate them esp the famous black saree.) she does seem quite dumb at times lik she didnt think about y on earth wud armaan be in the hospital with bebe or wen raj told her armaan was in love with her but as the show isnt yet over i m planning to wait and see if theres some sense in that also....and cry later on if it turns out stupid. as for her becoming a model intead of using her brains i guess it was to make her come incognito to gulmohur(though y i still cant make outConfused) as peaches said maybe to showcase a complete woman-beauty and brains and all (unnecessary concept acc to me) jassi was near perfect to me, now she has to go backwards all over again if she wants to be lik her before self.

compared to jassi- betty change thats for alot of us irritating, i think the growth of past armaan to the present armaan is simply.....wudve said unbelievable if i wasnt for apoorva...armando change wasnt so iumpressive but then he was never perhaps shown to be as mean as armaan..i cud never digest the fact that armando went back ti that mallika character but i cant imagine armaan doing that.armaan doesnt seem so weak spirited now, he has guts and has developed a spine....the credit shud go to te directors  for this atleast..

i know its easy to get irritated with the directors and say y did they have to make it complex by deviating but the fact remains that we dont have a say and so we can only discuss wats shown on tv,, lament on the bloopers and hope the characterisation remains tolerably consistent.  

personally i feel purab has been the worst treated character--the unexplained exits,the unexplained appearancesand now the suden humanising or dehumanising if u want to say that...

i dont know which s better -jjkn or blf-------i just know that jjkn makes or breaks my day...somehow ive always thought of blf as a separate entity beautiful yes but separate from jjkn..so i guess my dissapointment is slightly lesser wen they dont follow the script and i dont mind their bloopers coz they make me laugh(without the supporting cast, jjkn badly needs humour)

as long as finally jasi armaan get together its fine..but if the directors change that ...well curse them to oblivion Angryand watch blf again and agian

ssssorry for the long post..no offense to anyone , just wanted to share my thoughts.Smile

nice first post!!ClapClap and welcome to I-F, Np18!!Smile

peaches Goldie
peaches
peaches

Posted: 10 April 2005 at 10:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rumi

Dear Peaches.

First of all welcome to IF! Big smile!

I totally agree with your words which you  have mentioned as positive aspects of the show. This show is totally different from the other shows which are shown in TV. Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin is not like other melodramatic serials. There is something special in it, which attracts lots of people towards it. It is the story of an ugly girl who does not care about her outer beauty and who is trying to win everybody's heart with her beautiful personality and intelligence. This story seems to me to be strikingly different from the other saas-bahu stories showing same female stereotypes imposed by the society. The casting is also very very good. Every actor is playing his/her role wonderfully. We cannot think of any other person acting the roles of Armaan,jassi,purab, mallika, Aryan , nandu etc etc. in fact these are the reasons why  such a huge number of people watch it and we, the member of this forum always discuss about certain aspects of the show everyday.

But I do not agree with you in those points, which you have mentioned for those who are not happy with the deviations of the story form the original storyline. In this respect I want to say some words to you.

You said,

1.      If I am a fan of the show then I have to be willing to give due credit to directors and characters of the show.

Yes I am a fan of this show, but that does not mean that I will be blind of all the weak points of the story. I will give them due credit surely but I will not give them undue credit.  They will take a beautiful story and adapt certain portions of it (not only adapt but translate the dialogues word-by-word!) and then again, add some own foolish imaginations to another portions and thereby ruin whole story according to their own whims! And do you want to say, as we are fans of the show, we will be blind to all these and continue praising them irrespective of all these messes? No we can't, because that happens only in political parties. If you are party member, then you must support the decisions of that party in spite of the fact that your opinion is different from that decision. But here, jjkn is not a political party and we are not party members. We come here to discuss all the aspects of the show, positive and negative and not to praise them only.

2.      I hate the fact that so many people knit pick on the smallest details of the show and forget the over all big picture.

My dear, this is the purpose for which we come here. We, the members of this forum watch the show very minutely and come here to share our viewpoints with each other; we do not come here just to praise the actors and the directors continuously. Here discussions take place, which are almost like debates sometimes and that is the uniqueness of this forum. This is not a fan site like other fan sites in the net. This is a discussion forum. And it is this uniqueness for which thousands and thousands of people come here and register themselves here unlike other sites. We pick the smallest details of the show, but that does not mean that we do not care for the overall big picture. In fact we care for that overall big picture very much and for that reason we discuss about every minute detail in this way. Don't you know that tiny drops of water create an ocean? It is these minute details, which create that big picture. If these minute ones are imperfect how can the overall show be perfect???

3.You know, in case T&D stopped by, I don't want them to think that every one on the forum just loves to complain about the show.) (Even though they watch every episode without fail, or they make sure they read all the updates to find out what happens in it).

I am sure T and D are very intelligent people. If they visit this forum they will know that it is their show which was the inspiration of establishing this forum which I very unique in its character. They will be happy to know that people here watch their show so minutely and they discuss about the positive and negative aspects of it for hours after hours. Is this not enough for them to be happy? Otherwise, they have their viewers throughout the country as well as world. If they come to know that here people are discussing about some loopholes of the show, they will read it and think about it. Every good director is always keen to read what critics write about his/her work. Critics are better than blind fans in some respects as critics will inspire him/her to do self-analysis, which is better than absolute self-satisfaction. We discuss about this show as we still have hopes from the directors and we do not discuss about those shows, which are absolutely crap and have no hopes to revive.

T&D did capture the basic story line from BFF which is a Spanish show, but JJKN is a little different because this show revolves around Jassi who is an Indian girl living in India.  The Spanish culture and the Indian culture are two very distinct cultures, so I would have to say that I totally understand why the directors have to deviate from the original story.  I don't expect to see every detail of the Spanish (BFF) version incorporated in the JJKN, other wise why not just show BFF dubbed in Hindhi with sub titles.

Yes I agree with you that Betty is a Spanish girl and Jassi is an India girl and Indian culture and Spanish culture are different. Therefore it is not possible for the directors to copy each and every word of the original.but, my friend, we are not complaining about that deviation. For example, Armando and Betty slept together when Armando was playing seduction game with her. But here this is not possible, here it is shown that arman is playing a love game with jassi and wooing her, that's all. Well nobody is complaining about that. In fact we have welcomed that deviation. In original story, Patricia (pari here) always reveals her panty hoses, but here pari is never shown like that. And once again we are not complaining about that, rather we are happy that they deviated in this way.

I think I should make it clear, which deviation we are talking about. We are talking about the deviation from the basic storyline, deviation from the message that the story- writer wants to give.  If the basic storyline is deviated and if the message of the story gets completely ruined, then how can we keep quiet?

Somewhere in Jassi an ordinary girls identified themselves, those ordinary working girls that always try to establish themselves in the male-dominated society on the basis of their intelligence and never on the basis of outer beauty. Jassi was the girl who was intelligent, brilliant and was trying to establish her in the male-dominated outer world in a very manly (not womanly) way. That attracted people towards it, that was the basic message of the story and that was the uniqueness of the story.  Yes, there is a makeover in the original story also and although she changes her lifestyle and becomes more confident than before, she never loses her simplicity for that. She remains the same simple but self-respecting Betty. When she comes back she joins the company as the president, she declares clearly that she wants the amount what Armando used to get when he was the president! And eventually she buys a car also with her earnings! My dear, Betty didn't need to show her skin and flesh to earn money! She earned it with the use of her brain! She didn't need to say that I have been simple and I used only my brain and that didn't work! So now I will use my skin and flesh to earn money! On the other hand with all her glory she joined as the president and Armando's father begged her to do so! Thereby she took her sweet revenge to mallika! Being president she earned a lot of money changed her lifestyle, and she was so brilliant and successful that Armando's father was amazed by her intelligence!!! Betty's father never lost confidence upon her! He supported her all along!

But what is jassi doing after getting makeover? She is a model now to earn money to take revenge. This is the difference between blf and jjkn, getting make over and being model are not the same things! Mallika has gorgeous look also, but she is not a model! Jassi is a brilliant M.BA. Why should she be a model to earn money?  M.BA. s earn quite a large salary here in India ! It's quite a thick pay packet! Jassi was doing the job of a secretary and that's why she was earning so small, if she got a job acc to her qualification, she would earn a lot! Betty had a great personality; she did not go back and change her name like a coward!  Jassi is nowhere near Betty: if Betty is a lioness, jassy is a mouse!!!! And do you think this deviation was required to maintain the Indian culture??? On the contrary I think the original one was more suitable for Indian culture, don't you think so????

Just to add one other thing, I don't see why people complain about cell phones, and plane tickets, and other petty issues within the show. 

Well I have already mentioned that discussions about every smallest detail is very important as the perfection in the smallest things makes a show perfect in totality.

Someone replies,…"Oh there we go again T&D is really messing the show up, how can they portray a woman like that a… woman who looks after her figure" Why do we discuss these petty topics?

How the woman here, I mean Jassi is being portrayed, is the most important thing of this show. She is the protagonist of this story. Her life itself is the message of the story. If she is shown in such a way that ruins the basic message of the story that is surely objectionable. How can you consider this as a petty topic????

Anyways,these are my viewpoints!don't take anything personal!Big smileBig smile!

Rumi....you made some good points.

I still disagree on a few points....

First off, why is Jassi coming back for GM?  Why should she come back and prove to anyone that she can successfully run this business all over again?  She knows she can do it and so does Armaan. He father does not know the truth.

What her main purpose here is to prove to her father that she is now has established herself regardless of what profession she has chosen.  This was her hard work and effort.  Modeling is not a bad profession.

Garneted she has an MBA, but if came back to GM, the only reason she would get back an opportunity to become CEO would be because Armaan loves her.  How is she standing on her own two feet?  That's the same reason why hasn't become a VP or CEO for Purab's company or anyone else's company.

Yes, granted she became a model with Purab's company but she managed to gain so much glory and fame on her own that now she can work for anyone.

What's so wrong with being a model?  She's not showing and flesh...sorry.  If she was a model for swimsuits or was posing nude I can understand. 

Jessi/Jassica has proved that she has brains and is capable of a profession in any finance or an administration position....but where is it going to lead her? That's what she started with...look what happen?  Look at what the board members of GM did to her, only because she lacks power.  She's was an ordinary girl.  Now she is not.  If she came back only Armaan would save her, and give her back her old job, but only on the basis of his love, not her merit.  IF he didn't love her, he too would have given her the boot.  In India I'm sorry to say Power rules not Brains.  It's not what you know, it's who you know.  I'm not saying that smart people don't make money, but they're still a no body.  It's all money.  In that case T&D makes sense.  The police, media, and govt' work only on bribes.  That' is the truth.

In India the only people that get anywhere in life are the wealthy, someone who has an influential background, a political background, or an actress/model.  What do they have in common???  They all have power and influence.....which Jassi lacked.

The only way Jassi can come back and get revenge, prove herself, and establish herself is by going into a profession that will allow her to accomplish everything on her own merit.

So she goes back with her MBA degree and goes to another company looking for a job....  Malika and Aryan have spoilt her rep so bad, that no would even consider her for one.

The idea of her starting over will give her the opportunity to come back and fight fire with fire.  Like I mentioned once before, when Jessi has a powerful backing then playing field becomes leveled. 

I understand why T&D has taken this approach.

Thanks.

Go to top