peaches thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Hi All,πŸ˜ƒ

I have recently joined IF and for some reason I enjoy spending most of my time discussing all the topics related to this show.😊

I have to say that I have noticed that there are lot of loyal Purab and Armaan fans out there, 😳and this results in a lot of interesting and exciting topics to discuss.  I like and enjoy reading all the postings related to them.  πŸ‘πŸ‘

I have to say that I'm not anyone's fan per say, but however I do consider myself a fan of the whole show.  I am a fan of JJKN. πŸ˜› I like the show for its entertainment, characters, and yes to a certain extent the story line.  If I am a fan of the show then I have to be willing to give due credit to directors and characters of the show.  πŸ‘πŸ‘

The reason I posted this topic is for two reasons.  One, is to address the members who don't understand why the directors deviate from the original story, and those who think that that the directors keep messing up the show by not showing small details about it.  πŸ˜•

The reason why I want to address this is because, I hate the fact that so many people knit pick on the smallest details of the show and forget the over all big picture. This show has provided so much entertainment. If this statement wasn't true we wouldn't have a forum to discuss this show because the show wouldn't be on the air. πŸ˜­ I have noticed so many other shows that were started and after a short while they were taken off the air. πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ There is a reason why JJKN is still running.  πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

The second reason for posting this topic is to bring to light some of the good things about the show.  I would like to highlight some of the director's decisions regarding the show which in my opinion has made it so successful.πŸ‘πŸΌ  πŸ‘(You know, in case T&D stopped by, I don't want them to think that every one on the forum just loves to complain about the show.) (Even though they watch every episode without fail, or they make sure they read all the updates to find out what happens in it)πŸ˜ƒ

Why the directors deviate from the original story line…….πŸ˜ƒ

T&D did capture the basic story line from BFF which is a Spanish show, but JJKN is a little different because this show revolves around Jassi who is an Indian girl living in India.  The Spanish culture and the Indian culture are two very distinct cultures, so I would have to say that I totally understand why the directors have to deviate from the original story.  I don't expect to see every detail of the Spanish (BFF) version incorporated in the JJKN, other wise why not just show BFF dubbed in Hindhi with sub titles.πŸ˜” 

Everything has to be different…..for example the scripts, costumes, and other scenes.  The deviation is necessary because this is after all a desi drama and is made for Indian entertainment and Indian masses.  Just to add one other thing, I don't see why people complain about cell phones, and plane tickets, and other petty issues within the show.  This is not a reality base show.  We can't see the characters do everything realistically, nor should we expect to see this.  I wouldn't be surprised if I log on tomorrow and someone has a topic up with the subject matter "Hey…how come Jassi didn't brush her teeth…I didn't see her do that" or "How come we see Jassi dieting and why is Purab making her not eat parathas" and then someone replies…"Oh there we go again T&D is really messing the show up, how can they portray a woman like that a…… woman who looks after her figure" Why do we discuss these petty topics?πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

The positive aspects of the show are as follows…..πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

• The directors have done an excellent job in find and launching Mona Singh to play the role of Jassi and Jessica. I think she deserves a lot of credit.   She has played and still continues to play her character Jassi with such ease and originality.  In addition, her struggle to maintain both individual roles separately, and her internal conflict with here self has been depicted so well.  Recently she hs played two distinct roles with sometimes overlaps in both. This is true talent.  This role has never been done before, and Mona did not have any experience prior to doing JJKN.  She has paved the way in this category.  πŸ‘
  •  The directors have done an excellent job in finding the characters who play Malika😑 and Aryan.😑  They play their character roles so well.  Their acting and dialog delivery is so good, you almost want to reach out of the screen and kill the both of them.  If they didn't do the job that they did, then this show would be boring because their contribution is as important as Jessi's or Armaan's.  These negative roles are what create conflict and drama.πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜ˆ
  • Jassi's family😊 including NanduπŸ€“ have done an excellent job in portraying a warm and loving family.  Again the characters have played their roles very well.  Their acting is so good, that you almost feel like Jassi and her whole family does exist in reality somewhere in Bombay.  I love the relationship that has been so beautifully brought out between Billu, Bebe and Jassi.  Billu's acting was outstanding when Bebe was in the hospital.πŸ˜­πŸ‘πŸΌ
  • Arman, πŸ˜‰Purab,πŸ˜‰ and the love triangle between Jassi.😭  I don't think anyone else could have done a better job.  I don't even want to go into this because there are so many of Purab and Arman fans out there that know exactly what i'm talking about.πŸ˜ƒ  I remember Arman's first role in Pardes.  His acting was crap compared to what it is in JJKN. πŸ˜• πŸ‘ŽπŸΌWho do you think has brought this talent out in him???? πŸ˜ƒYes, he does deserve credit for his own hard work and effort, but it takes a good script and role to bring out an actor's talent.  That credit goes to none other than the director AKA T&D. πŸ˜ƒ πŸ‘πŸΌ  In JJKN Arman is excellent.  He too had to portray total makeover from a play boy Casanova role😳, to heart broken Devdas🀒, to now a mature man and a hero with responsibilities. πŸ˜‰ πŸ‘πŸΌ
  • Lastly,   JJKN has built so much anticipation to the following questions and topics.  These include, the look on Arman's face when he sees Jessica for the first time after her new makeover, and if he will accept her or not. πŸ˜² Will Jessica accept Armaan and marry him.😲  How her family will react?😲  How and when will she get revenge from at Raj, Malika, and Aryan. πŸ˜²

Yes, I agree with some people that there are things in the show that don't make sense…the revenge and the whole model thing.πŸ˜• πŸ˜• Well, all I have to say to that is, the show is not over yet and maybe those things will be addressed later on down the line.πŸ˜›   Jassie's physical make over was not only in the storyline, but I would say it was a good idea. πŸ‘ That is what attracted me and a lot of other people as well to watch the show.  I'm sure that there were a lot of people on this forum that were eager to see what she looked like with out the braces and glasses.  πŸ˜ƒ  

In conclusion, the show has me and a lot of other people coming back to their sofas every week night at 9:30 to watch what will happen next in this show.  I'm happy that it's on, and watch it solely for the reasons mentioned above. This is the reason why the directors deserve their due credit.  πŸ˜‰

Thanks to all those involved in presenting JJKN.πŸ‘πŸ‘

Again I don't mean any offense to anyone.  I just wanted to share my view points with you guys.  Please respond with your feedbacks and I respect everyone decision if they still feel that this show is not all that.  πŸ˜ƒ

OM😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

strawberry thumbnail
 I totally agree with ur views. I'm all for the deviation. I think by deviating from BLF  T&D singh have widened the framework of jjkn and addressed a lot of issues that that wldn't have been possible if they had stuck to original script.  I like the fact that jassi is being turned into an all woman . remember the earlier jassi who cld not even go into a restaurant and place an order. no doubt all that was endearing but it wld have been sad to see that same jassi in the last episode of jjkn. now she can be anything she wants to be. an economist or a supermodel the choice is hers. and that is her greatest victory that she has the power to make choices for herself.
vishakha thumbnail
I thank T & D for
1. Armaan-Jassi pair and
2. Raj Vasant's scripts
loveneha_r thumbnail
I thank T & D only for getting Apurva to play Armaan!!!!!😳
vasamv thumbnail

Woderful critique,Peaches!You have made an impact on the firum within a short span of 2 weeks.You seem like a drama criitic.The point I liked the most was when you said we cant expect reality at every stage.For that matter how much unrealistic are scenes in Bollywood movies and even Hollywod ones.

As for deviations they are made to suit the Indian situation.I am sure T and D have discussded these issues with the original telenova producers.To take an example those who have carefully read the original BLF script would be knowing that in that story Betty(Jassi) slept with Armando(Arman).What impresion would Jassi's character have among JJKN fans if this happened here? Most would have been disillusioned about Jassi.

Maybe they will keep the end of then original story intact-means Jassi marrying Arman, even though Purab has played such an unselfish role( so far) in making jassi famous.

Thanks,Peaches.

peaches thumbnail

vasamv...Thank you very much for you comment.😊  I did not know that Betty actually sleeps with Armando.   😲.  Well then again BLF is a Spanish soap, so it is expected.  Does she sleep with the character who plays Pruba too?

Thanks

Rumi thumbnail

Dear Peaches.

First of all welcome to IF! πŸ˜ƒ!

I totally agree with your words which you  have mentioned as positive aspects of the show. This show is totally different from the other shows which are shown in TV. Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin is not like other melodramatic serials. There is something special in it, which attracts lots of people towards it. It is the story of an ugly girl who does not care about her outer beauty and who is trying to win everybody's heart with her beautiful personality and intelligence. This story seems to me to be strikingly different from the other saas-bahu stories showing same female stereotypes imposed by the society. The casting is also very very good. Every actor is playing his/her role wonderfully. We cannot think of any other person acting the roles of Armaan,jassi,purab, mallika, Aryan , nandu etc etc. in fact these are the reasons why  such a huge number of people watch it and we, the member of this forum always discuss about certain aspects of the show everyday.

But I do not agree with you in those points, which you have mentioned for those who are not happy with the deviations of the story form the original storyline. In this respect I want to say some words to you.

You said,

1.      If I am a fan of the show then I have to be willing to give due credit to directors and characters of the show.

Yes I am a fan of this show, but that does not mean that I will be blind of all the weak points of the story. I will give them due credit surely but I will not give them undue credit.  They will take a beautiful story and adapt certain portions of it (not only adapt but translate the dialogues word-by-word!) and then again, add some own foolish imaginations to another portions and thereby ruin whole story according to their own whims! And do you want to say, as we are fans of the show, we will be blind to all these and continue praising them irrespective of all these messes? No we can't, because that happens only in political parties. If you are party member, then you must support the decisions of that party in spite of the fact that your opinion is different from that decision. But here, jjkn is not a political party and we are not party members. We come here to discuss all the aspects of the show, positive and negative and not to praise them only.

2.      I hate the fact that so many people knit pick on the smallest details of the show and forget the over all big picture.

My dear, this is the purpose for which we come here. We, the members of this forum watch the show very minutely and come here to share our viewpoints with each other; we do not come here just to praise the actors and the directors continuously. Here discussions take place, which are almost like debates sometimes and that is the uniqueness of this forum. This is not a fan site like other fan sites in the net. This is a discussion forum. And it is this uniqueness for which thousands and thousands of people come here and register themselves here unlike other sites. We pick the smallest details of the show, but that does not mean that we do not care for the overall big picture. In fact we care for that overall big picture very much and for that reason we discuss about every minute detail in this way. Don't you know that tiny drops of water create an ocean? It is these minute details, which create that big picture. If these minute ones are imperfect how can the overall show be perfect???

3.You know, in case T&D stopped by, I don't want them to think that every one on the forum just loves to complain about the show.) (Even though they watch every episode without fail, or they make sure they read all the updates to find out what happens in it).

I am sure T and D are very intelligent people. If they visit this forum they will know that it is their show which was the inspiration of establishing this forum which I very unique in its character. They will be happy to know that people here watch their show so minutely and they discuss about the positive and negative aspects of it for hours after hours. Is this not enough for them to be happy? Otherwise, they have their viewers throughout the country as well as world. If they come to know that here people are discussing about some loopholes of the show, they will read it and think about it. Every good director is always keen to read what critics write about his/her work. Critics are better than blind fans in some respects as critics will inspire him/her to do self-analysis, which is better than absolute self-satisfaction. We discuss about this show as we still have hopes from the directors and we do not discuss about those shows, which are absolutely crap and have no hopes to revive.

T&D did capture the basic story line from BFF which is a Spanish show, but JJKN is a little different because this show revolves around Jassi who is an Indian girl living in India.  The Spanish culture and the Indian culture are two very distinct cultures, so I would have to say that I totally understand why the directors have to deviate from the original story.  I don't expect to see every detail of the Spanish (BFF) version incorporated in the JJKN, other wise why not just show BFF dubbed in Hindhi with sub titles.

Yes I agree with you that Betty is a Spanish girl and Jassi is an India girl and Indian culture and Spanish culture are different. Therefore it is not possible for the directors to copy each and every word of the original.but, my friend, we are not complaining about that deviation. For example, Armando and Betty slept together when Armando was playing seduction game with her. But here this is not possible, here it is shown that arman is playing a love game with jassi and wooing her, that's all. Well nobody is complaining about that. In fact we have welcomed that deviation. In original story, Patricia (pari here) always reveals her panty hoses, but here pari is never shown like that. And once again we are not complaining about that, rather we are happy that they deviated in this way.

I think I should make it clear, which deviation we are talking about. We are talking about the deviation from the basic storyline, deviation from the message that the story- writer wants to give.  If the basic storyline is deviated and if the message of the story gets completely ruined, then how can we keep quiet?

Somewhere in Jassi an ordinary girls identified themselves, those ordinary working girls that always try to establish themselves in the male-dominated society on the basis of their intelligence and never on the basis of outer beauty. Jassi was the girl who was intelligent, brilliant and was trying to establish her in the male-dominated outer world in a very manly (not womanly) way. That attracted people towards it, that was the basic message of the story and that was the uniqueness of the story.  Yes, there is a makeover in the original story also and although she changes her lifestyle and becomes more confident than before, she never loses her simplicity for that. She remains the same simple but self-respecting Betty. When she comes back she joins the company as the president, she declares clearly that she wants the amount what Armando used to get when he was the president! And eventually she buys a car also with her earnings! My dear, Betty didn't need to show her skin and flesh to earn money! She earned it with the use of her brain! She didn't need to say that I have been simple and I used only my brain and that didn't work! So now I will use my skin and flesh to earn money! On the other hand with all her glory she joined as the president and Armando's father begged her to do so! Thereby she took her sweet revenge to mallika! Being president she earned a lot of money changed her lifestyle, and she was so brilliant and successful that Armando's father was amazed by her intelligence!!! Betty's father never lost confidence upon her! He supported her all along!

But what is jassi doing after getting makeover? She is a model now to earn money to take revenge. This is the difference between blf and jjkn, getting make over and being model are not the same things! Mallika has gorgeous look also, but she is not a model! Jassi is a brilliant M.BA. Why should she be a model to earn money?  M.BA. s earn quite a large salary here in India ! It's quite a thick pay packet! Jassi was doing the job of a secretary and that's why she was earning so small, if she got a job acc to her qualification, she would earn a lot! Betty had a great personality; she did not go back and change her name like a coward!  Jassi is nowhere near Betty: if Betty is a lioness, jassy is a mouse!!!! And do you think this deviation was required to maintain the Indian culture??? On the contrary I think the original one was more suitable for Indian culture, don't you think so????

Just to add one other thing, I don't see why people complain about cell phones, and plane tickets, and other petty issues within the show. 

Well I have already mentioned that discussions about every smallest detail is very important as the perfection in the smallest things makes a show perfect in totality.

Someone replies,…"Oh there we go again T&D is really messing the show up, how can they portray a woman like that a… woman who looks after her figure" Why do we discuss these petty topics?

How the woman here, I mean Jassi is being portrayed, is the most important thing of this show. She is the protagonist of this story. Her life itself is the message of the story. If she is shown in such a way that ruins the basic message of the story that is surely objectionable. How can you consider this as a petty topic????

Anyways,these are my viewpoints!don't take anything personal!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ!

shiverz thumbnail

wow!! interesting opinions and well expressed, Peaches and Rumi!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

First of all, yes, I agree that JJKN is a very different story from all those Ekta-showsπŸ˜•, which is probably one of the reasons why it is so popular!

And as far as the deviation goes, I'm not quite sure if it was a good idea. Looking at it positively, the show definetely has gotten more interesting in the sense that what will happen next is unexpectable (since it is no longer following BLF) But on the other hand, it is sad that T&D changed such a beautiful story!! (I think everybody that knows the BLF story agrees that it is a nice story, yes?)

And finally, as peaches had said: "I hate the fact that so many people knit pick on the smallest details of the show and forget the over all big picture." I have to agree w/ Rumi that because this is a discussion forum, people have to look at all the little details & things in order to discuss the show! Yes, it is important to look at the 'big picture' however, the small details all add up to that 'picture' and T & D have made/ are making a great deal of bloopers (as it can be seen in the post "official list of bloopers" which was posted a while back)

Well, this is just my opinion!😊

ms-tabu thumbnail

well peaches  u have done agood job,u really loked like adrama critic,yes i agree jjkn is adifferent show,not the usual soap, thanks to t and d for bringing BLF apaptation.

but as rumi has said that we cant turn blind 2 all the crap they give us,we r not fools 2 accept foolish stories and give credit ,modifications can be made,but why kill the beautiful mesage that the story had,and as rumi said,for discussing minute details like cellphone etc,well this is theuniqueness of this forum,and as members and jjkn fans we have to point out 2these details too ,liitle things only perfect  the show.rumi once again u hav e left me speechless,good effort once againπŸ‘this  is all i ha d 2 say,nothing personal we r friends here,rumi u r a confirmedBLF PanditπŸ‘i just luv your posts rumi

Edited by tablet - 19 years ago
prettywoman thumbnail

Well done to peaches and Rumi.

But Rumi, u have summed it up so well πŸ‘πŸ‘   πŸ‘  as to why BLF is far superior to JJKN after the bit where Jassi has turned into a model

I agree with ur Rumi that it is good that T&D did not show J sleeping with A and Pari with her hosepants showing. But they have turned the character of Jassi into a mouse and not a fighter like Betty😭

I loved reading ur viewpoints Rumi.. well doneπŸ‘πŸ‘