Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

samie

IF-Veteran Member

samie

Posted: 18 April 2006 at 2:40pm | IP Logged

do u guys think teenage weddins can last or r they made 2 last???

do u guys feel teenagaers who r gettin married r rushin it or jus xpresses 2 the world how much they love each other???

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Teen weddins??????" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 18 April 2006 at 2:58pm | IP Logged
Teanagrers are bunch of children getting married!! How can children understand and take the responsibilities of marriage seriously ????????? First they should ask themselves before marrying-
Are the earning enough to support each other and later may be a career?
Will they plan to pursue studies or become school drop outs?
If they plan to study along with working- can they handle work as well studies and marriage??
If they plan to quit school, will they be waiting on table,or working as low level clerk in a store for all their life?
Can they handle raising a child at 16- 17?

The problem is kids think yes we can do all this , and ni remember watching this show on T.V "Maury talk show". He interviewed young teanagers who wanted to become a mother desperatly and all for the wrong reasons. To them motherhood looked like playing with "dolls"!! The show experimented with letting these teanagres raise infants for 7 days. At the end of the show all these girls realised how silly they were being and they held this romantic notion about motherhood. You know the same goes for "romantic notions about marriage"!!!

Even on this forum every teanager said in one post that she will kill her spouse if he isn't romantic with her after marriage. The thing is teanagers do enter relationships with such motions. Once you are older you become more stable "emotionally" and can handle the let down you feel with such small things. But a teanger will probably rank romance as very high on the marriage priority list and that may not be reasonable. You can hope for it , but you may not get it always.

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 18 April 2006 at 3:12pm | IP Logged

[QUOTE=Aparna_BD]
Even on this forum every teanager said in one post that she will kill her spouse if he isn't romantic with her after marriage. QUOTE]

Really? Confusedi think i missed that thread because i disagree...and as EVERYONE knows ny now im a teen.

sam..isnt it illegal for teens to get married?..i mean marriage before 18 is illegal and even at 18 who is ready to be tied into a relationship like marriage. Yea as aparna di said teens think relationships are all about love and romance. they take their boyfriend/girlfriend relationship and think marriage will be the same except that they will be together forever...but it does not work that way. in a real relationship as serious as marriage there are many other factors which rank a lot higher than romance.

and how does a teen support him or herself? i live with my parents and they pay for all my stuff and im sure its the same for most of the other teens out there. if you are incapable of supporting yourself how do you plan on supporting your spouse and more importantly a child? and with school do you have time to raise your child? or will you parents raise their grandchild (which often happens with teen parents)

teen marriage is impractical and illogical. no one should marry until they are capable of supporting themself, their spouse and any future children. all this while being willing to take on the responsibilities that come with marriage

samie

IF-Veteran Member

samie

Posted: 18 April 2006 at 3:41pm | IP Logged
well ma brother got married last yr @ the age of 18 n so did ma coz who is the same age as him n she is expectin her 1st born soon

samie

IF-Veteran Member

samie

Posted: 18 April 2006 at 3:42pm | IP Logged
i asked this questionz as more n more teens in my area r tyin the know wh@ do u guys think is the apopriate age personally i think 23-24 is the rite time 2 marry or even later

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 18 April 2006 at 6:05pm | IP Logged
yea sam ur family has had eary marriages...but dus ur bro support ur bhabhi or do ur parents support them? if they can support each other and they are mature enough for the commitment then they should go for it..but i think its better to wait a few years and really "grow up". there is no "ideal" age for marriage it depends on when peopl are ready for the commitment..they just have to be ble to practically provide for each other and be responsible for everything and all

mid 20s sounds about ok but theres nuthing wrong with waiting a while and i know people who got married early and are happy

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 18 April 2006 at 7:35pm | IP Logged
Jav a good question about Sam's brother. Where does he live just now- with your parents or does he live alone? Is he still a student? Hows he supporting his wife? Is he take any help from his/ your parents/ wife's parents financialy or living in their house??

As for a good age for marriage, i like the age India has set for the minimum age requirement for a girl and a boy- For a girl its 18 and for a boy its 21! Thats the very minimum. A 18 year old guy is not emotionally stable....in my opinion nor is 21 year old guy. Once a couple finishes all planned education and picks up a stable job should they marry and that can happen only when the girl is 21+ and a guy at least 23- 24 or so!!

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 19 April 2006 at 1:16am | IP Logged

Totally totally totally agreeing with Aparna di and Lil Princess.... marriage is not all abt just love. .. its more abt mental compatibility, emotional stability, financial stability, resposibility, giving space to each other, controlling egos, crisis management and supportive attitude in the hour of need. ( Aparna di.. i'm a teenager too.. but i don't think like that... like lil princess i do disagree with the statement other teenagers made... Embarrassed )

I don't think that immature teenagers r at all capable to handle this... it may become a fuss for them later.. or just right after marriage.. i seriously can't even think of teen marirages.. Confused   No offence.. but seriously speaking if they didn't handle things properly with wise decisions and moves --> Higher possibility : ending the relationship. And then if they break after having children.. and the kind of trauma their children will face on having a divorse of parents.. tell me why r their children suffering/paying the cost of indecisiveness of their "TEEN" parents???!!! Confused

Moreover TEEN married couples r prone to have extra marital affairs later in life.. as after a while they may come to think that their spouse is not that compatible as they thought.. marriage can't only work just on the basis of love. And during work/job or anything else, the now "Mature" person might find a more compatible person and .... higher probability of affairs!!

Above all... handling 4 HUGE responsibilities at such a tender age is definately a big no no .. 1) Study. 2) Job. 3) Marriage. 4)child(ren)...... Confused Confused

As far as marriage age is concerned... no fix limits plz... we can't predict when a person should marry as destiny here plays an imp play... but i think girls MAY get married at late 20's(being properly emotional, financial and Career stable) and boys at early 30's...(more importantly becoz of mental/emotional stability and decision making power) ..still no age limits... people take decisions when they feel appropriate

(P.S. : Well lil princez... u seem to be not that PESKY as u r known to be.... Mature gal i must say!!keep it upThumbs Up.. Clap )

Edited by MNMS - 19 April 2006 at 2:46am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top