usa_girl0021

Posted: 09 April 2005 at 8:27am | IP Logged
Cashing in on the Jassi wave
   By: The hitList Team
   April 9, 2005

Cashing in on the Jassi wave

The hitList Team
ROLE MODEL: Mona 'Jassi' Singh
From ugly duckling to model about town, Jassi sure has the nation hooked onto her daily exploits on the small screen. But now, she's crossing over from the boob tube's billboards to the cover of magazines.

In fact, Seventeen India's latest cover girl is none other than actress Mona Singh and the magazine celebrates this youth icon's transformation into a confident young woman of today.

Says Mona, "If you look good, you automatically feel good. I'm really enjoying the makeover."

Bottomline of the story? Look good for yourself. It may not make you a star, but it will certainly enhance your personality.

Salman Khan and Mahima: Repeat offenders

Salman Khan and Mahima Chaudhary
We've watched Salman Khan's public service ad for the hearing impaired and we think it's a sweet and thoughtful gesture on the actor's part. But every time we watch that advertisement, our confusion grows.

We cannot help but ask where Sallu gets his accent. We know he was born and brought up here, and just like Saif and Fardeen he didn't stay abroad for education. Ah, we get it. The accent comes from his firang girlfriend Katrina Kaif.

Another accent offender is Mahima Chaudhary. At least Sallu has his girlfriend excuse. What's hers? And her accent is very confounding.

What's more, the biggest mystery is which country she picked hers from. It isn't British, American, Italian, Spanish, Australian or German. Get the idea?

Roarrrr!

Shah Rukh Khan
The movie Kaal is extensively shot at Jim Corbett Park, UP and deals with man-eating tigers. Kaal's promotional video with SRK and Malaika Arora, called Kaal Dhamaal — The Tiger Mix, opens with the lines "Sherni hai aankhen tumhari…" And now he's launched a perfume called Tiger Eyes for men and women.

Do you see a recurring theme here? If you're smart like us and have already put two and two together, it actually sounds like an eerie promotional campaign with the feline theme persistently appearing with bizarre regularity.

From using the National Geographic to launching perfumes, Karan Johar and SRK have gone to comical lengths to promote their latest flick. All we can say is, who is going to tame this monster?

Akashdeep: International terrorist

PURE EVIL: Akashdeep Saigal
Instead of attending the 1,000th episode celebration party of Kyunki Saas Bhi Bahu Thi, actor Akashdeep 'Ansh' Saigal was busy "chilling out" on the snowy slopes of Manali.

"Had it been possible, I would have loved to be part of the Kyunki...bash. I owe my fame to the show.

But I'm currently shooting for Ketan Mehta's Zee TV serial in Manali. I play a dreaded international terrorist called Prince Sadaaf (son of Osama Bin Laden, no less!). I'm sporting a typical Afghani beard and military outfits, so trust me, this will be a modern avatar of Gabbar Singh on the small screen," chuckles Saigal, who is now part of Kkusum.

"So what if Mouli Ganguly  (who plays Vidhi) has decided to walk out of the show. I suppose there will be a new Vidhi waiting for me," he quips.

Host with the most

Nana Patekar
Prakash Jha's Apharan, starring Ajay Devgan, Bipasha Basu and Nana Patekar, is currently being shot in Pune and the cast was pleasantly surprised when Nana decided to play impromptu host.

One evening, Nana, who has a home in Pune, invited the cast over to his place for some rest and relaxation. Patekar, who otherwise prefers his own company, played the cool host and regaled everyone at the impromptu party.

Everyone had a good time and it was a welcome break from the monotony of shooting away from home. Now, they are all hoping Nana will feel like playing the host more often!  

Farah Khan
Mobile mania

If you're trying to call Farah Khan and can't reach her, don't be surprised if you hear that the choreographer-turned-director has hurriedly got her number changed.

Why? "Some magazine called Naami Reporter printed my cell number in one of their issues and my life has become hell ever since.

Hazaar people from everywhere kept calling me to give them a break. I just couldn't take it anymore. After a while I got a new number."

Tch, tch, tch.

Contributed by Upala KBR, Tushar Joshi, Chaitanya Padukone and Zahra Khan

Rumi Goldie
Rumi
Rumi

Posted: 09 April 2005 at 8:33am | IP Logged
 thanks for the article!
bhangra rulez Goldie
bhangra rulez
bhangra rulez

Posted: 09 April 2005 at 8:56am | IP Logged
thanks!Wink
mikagurl23 IF-Dazzler
mikagurl23
mikagurl23

Posted: 09 April 2005 at 10:42am | IP Logged
thannnxxxx, hey i never new there was s uch thing like seventeen india magazine, i thot it was only seventeen. ahahaha
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top