Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

"The Da Vinci Code"- A must read

Pradarshak Goldie
Pradarshak
Pradarshak

Posted: 17 April 2006 at 12:36pm | IP Logged

Hey guys,if you have'nt read this book by Dan Brown(#1 New York Times Bestseller) I would suggest you to read it. It's highly engrossing, absorbing with riddles and knowledgeable thriller. I was amazed to know lot many secrets of History(if correct). The author claims all the descriptions of artwork, architecture, documents and secret rituals to be accurate.

This novel threatens the very foundation of Christianity, the Roman Catholic Church. It says everything is fabricated. Nothing in Christianity is original and it has many stolen ideas. Instead it voices for the nature, sacred feminine and symbol worship, which was prevalent. And the church suppressed everything by fair or unfair means for it's own survival. To depict the prevalent practice to be evil, it made some drastic move in it's course. One of which is making it male-dominant and degrading the feminine role in the society.

If you have read this book, do you think there is truth in what the author asserts? Do you think he can defend what he is trying to say?

Let me make this clear, these are not my views.

Edited by Pradarshak - 17 April 2006 at 12:57pm

MNMS Goldie
MNMS
MNMS

Posted: 17 April 2006 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
Well there is a film releasing in May i believe.. with the same name and same story....and Dan brawn is dealing with the court issues currently relating to his ideas in this book.

I have not read the book, so i can't comment Confused . But i do have little information about that as there was a serial on sahara-one "Kohinoor" which was loosely based on this novel .. with some major changes. And yes i must add that the most engaging thing was the use of different subjects like history, astrophysics and other sciences in the serial which was derived from the novel.
Pradarshak Goldie
Pradarshak
Pradarshak

Posted: 17 April 2006 at 2:28pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by MNMS

Well there is a film releasing in May i believe.. with the same name and same story....and Dan brawn is dealing with the court issues currently relating to his ideas in this book.

I have not read the book, so i can't comment Confused . But i do have little information about that as there was a serial on sahara-one "Kohinoor" which was loosely based on this novel .. with some major changes. And yes i must add that the most engaging thing was the use of different subjects like history, astrophysics and other sciences in the serial which was derived from the novel.

Yes, I have seen the promos of the movie too. I hope they cover all minute details of the book. I have learnt about another book "The Secret Supper" by Javier Sierra, it also deals with the similar issue.

zoya786uk Senior Member
zoya786uk
zoya786uk

Posted: 17 April 2006 at 3:02pm | IP Logged
i have brought the book but haven't even had the chance to read it, i am going to try and read it it sounds really interesting
usachick821 Goldie
usachick821
usachick821

Posted: 17 April 2006 at 3:23pm | IP Logged
i've read the book, and i've also researched about it, and i found out that the book only contains 10 true facts about christianity, and the rest other than the archetechtural descriptions are pretty much theories and not facts.
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 17 April 2006 at 4:16pm | IP Logged
Hi Pradarshak this topic too has been covered before. Many of us gave our view points about this book and Dan Browns other books in that post.
I've given the link below:
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=132323& ;KW=Da+vinci+code

Edited by Aparna_BD - 17 April 2006 at 4:17pm
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top