Harry Potter
Harry Potter

India-Forums

If you could bring back one of Harry's parents... (Page 2)

Poll Question: If you could bring back one of Harry's parents from the dead?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [40.00%]
21 [60.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Aahaana Global Moderator
Aahaana
Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 27 December 2011 at 5:38pm | IP Logged
James Potter:)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

Luv-Shonit IF-Dazzler
Luv-Shonit
Luv-Shonit

Posted: 28 December 2011 at 8:20pm | IP Logged
Lily Potter, mainly because I would have liked to see how she would have reacted to Snape's true loyalty and also how ultimately, he left the dark arts(which he was so interested in) due to her. I would also hope that she would be able to forgive him, like Harry did.

I would not want James back, naturally being a Snape fan. LOLWhenever I think of James Potter, I tend to think bully(4 against 1, not fairAngry), obviously due to the way he treated Severus. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ChocoLavaish_Jiya_tiny15

Suha_18 Goldie
Suha_18
Suha_18

Posted: 29 December 2011 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

^^ Yes, I think if James came back to life, he'd get Sirius out of Azkaban legally since he could simply say Sirius was never the secret keeper, so then Harry could live with Sirius and James and we'd get to see their friendship blossom again. Of course, even Lily could have gotten Sirius out of Azkaban so I'd not have minded her either, but my reason for choosing James is a bit more selfish, lol. If Lily came back to life, would the protection her love had shed on Harry be gone, since she'd no longer be dead? I wouldn't want Harry's life to be endangered.

Also, I feel that JKR never focused much on a father's love compared to a mother's love. Of course, being a woman it was natural for her to portray a mother's love more, but I always found a father's love equally beautiful and important in a child's life, and not only HP, but many books and movies don't give it enough importance, so I'd have loved to see Harry and James's father-son relationship.

Completely agree with you here...as much as I love Lily, if she came back then perhaps the protection Harry received would be gone Confused

And I adore the Marauders - it would have been amazing to see Sirius and Remus reunited with James Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Marauders..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Stunnerz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 29 December 2011 at 4:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Suha_18

Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

^^ Yes, I think if James came back to life, he'd get Sirius out of Azkaban legally since he could simply say Sirius was never the secret keeper, so then Harry could live with Sirius and James and we'd get to see their friendship blossom again. Of course, even Lily could have gotten Sirius out of Azkaban so I'd not have minded her either, but my reason for choosing James is a bit more selfish, lol. If Lily came back to life, would the protection her love had shed on Harry be gone, since she'd no longer be dead? I wouldn't want Harry's life to be endangered.

Also, I feel that JKR never focused much on a father's love compared to a mother's love. Of course, being a woman it was natural for her to portray a mother's love more, but I always found a father's love equally beautiful and important in a child's life, and not only HP, but many books and movies don't give it enough importance, so I'd have loved to see Harry and James's father-son relationship.

Completely agree with you here...as much as I love Lily, if she came back then perhaps the protection Harry received would be gone Confused

And I adore the Marauders - it would have been amazing to see Sirius and Remus reunited with James Smile

Yeah, the Marauders (minus Pettigrew) are my favorite characters, even more than the trio, LOL! I'd have loved to see Harry's reunion with the Marauders, as well as Fred and George's reaction to meeting them. It'd be hilarious!
spiritcrimson IF-Sizzlerz
spiritcrimson
spiritcrimson

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 1:38am | IP Logged
Actually if it were up to me, I'd want both James and Lily to come back to life. But since it's just one, after much debating I chose James Potter.
Why? Because I would get to know more about his character. We hardly knew much about James in the books. We knew a lot about Lily, but never a thing about James.

And I really would want to see the friendship between James and Sirius.
And the Marauders in general.
Also I would want to see how James would deal with Peter for his betrayal. And I also would want to know how James would react when Harry would tell him about Draco malfoy, Severus Snape and everyone.
And I think James would also be encouraging of Harry's friends. 

This makes me want to cry, because I wanted to see Harry grow up with James and Lily :(

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Maraudersherms_angel..RamKiJanaki..

-BlueEyes- IF-Sizzlerz
-BlueEyes-
-BlueEyes-

Eccentric CC Captain

Posted: 31 December 2011 at 1:11am | IP Logged
James! Hug I always loved James' Character in HP :) Even though he was dead .. I really hope he was alive. The story would have been so amazing! and we would obviously get to see alot of Sirius and James and it would be so exciting to see Snap V/s James at Hogwarts! :D
tiny15 IF-Sizzlerz
tiny15
tiny15

Posted: 01 January 2012 at 10:53am | IP Logged
though i prefer both as in a child's life both've equal role but if i were 2 bring back one then it must b Lily bcoz she cud've protected harry even if shes alive!! and then we cud've known how she started liking James who was a bully esply 2 snape!! though i m not against snape & i never liked james bullying him but it doesn't absolve snape of his wrong doings esply 2wards harry , neville, hermoine & oders also & i wud like 2 see Lily's rxn of snape's behaviour 2wards Harry & his hidden desire 2 protect whole of them!!
ElusiveDevotion IF-Dazzler
ElusiveDevotion
ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 04 January 2012 at 6:30pm | IP Logged
I would bring Lily so that we get to read more about her..she's very interesting from whatever little we've seen of her. :)

Go to top