India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

For everyone - important (Page 3)

bas02 Goldie
bas02
bas02

Posted: 09 April 2005 at 11:57am | IP Logged
yep agree Mysti! I think we do not need to label the characters with names such as uncle etc. I think for a time it can be funny and amusing but there is also a point where it can hurt some people's feelings, so just take that into consideration when posting everyoneSmile

vishakha Goldie
vishakha
vishakha

Posted: 09 April 2005 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MysticaMagic

Originally posted by vishakha

Are P-fans really offended by the phrase Puran U...? C'mon, there is nothing bad about it. That's how his character is perceived by some viewers. It is not abusive at all.. At least I don't think so...

Purab is called Uncle because of Samir's looks and facial features. This is something he has no control over. It is offensive for Purab fans to hear him being called an old man when, in reality, he and Apurva are around the same age. Even in the serial he's not portrayed as having a very large age difference from Armaan.

I think all of us can discuss the serial and have a good time debating about the characters and thier actions without resorting to name-calling and making fun of their looks. That way every fan will be able to express him or herself without the fear of being attacked or ridiculed.

What do you say, friends? Smile

<!-- Message ''"" -->

I think people need to be more openminded and understand that these are virtual characters that you love and hate.
And even if someone is talking about acting skills (or lack of the same) it should be fine..
These actors are getting paid for it and this is entertainment. If someone gets on my nerves by his or her pathetic acting, i think i will express it.
I won't be deliberately using U word if some folks think it is abusive but it is very very diffcult to draw the line..
Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Posted: 09 April 2005 at 12:27pm | IP Logged

I agree with spike on this one. Its not like people were belittling Mona Singh, they were just saying that Jessica "looks manly." I remember those same people calling her "very pretty" when she wears regular clothes and puts her hair up in a ponytail. Also, there have been many posts telling Armaan to get a haircut because he looks very ugly. Its not like people don't like Apoorva, they are just commenting on his hair which makes him look bad. I think its the same with Jassi too. I don't think this post was put up to offend anyone here at IF.

Anyways... for sometime now I have been feeling like we can't discuss anything at IF anymore. I agree that it is very wrong to make fun of or be rude to any of the IF members. But I think we should be allowed to comment on the actors as they are the most important part of the show. Sorry, if I offended anyone by my post. I didn't mean to.

nishi IF-Dazzler
nishi
nishi

Posted: 09 April 2005 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
well  all I need to say is  you may like a actor/character or you may dislike him/her  and you all can have an opinion on a person !!! but  that doesn't  matter at all ,but what matters is the way in which you present it ! i.e the language which you use !
   but it is true you cannot make everyone happy/agree to what you say /do,but one thing which is important is that when many feel offended abt it we should make sure we do not make the same mistake again !!!!! coz we all are friends here  and that matters the most !!!!!
vishakha Goldie
vishakha
vishakha

Posted: 09 April 2005 at 1:13pm | IP Logged
i agree about the language part. No doubt!
About actors, their looks and actings, there should be openness..
mikagurl23 IF-Dazzler
mikagurl23
mikagurl23

Posted: 09 April 2005 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
I think we all can solve this out. All you have to do is think before you type anything. And think twice before you criticize a character, becuz it certainly isnt fair for fan that admire a character to be picked on.

Go to top