Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jprasad thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Originally posted by: Piscean

Armaan jprasad....any doubts about that? πŸ˜‰ Besides I figured Armaan didn't fit into the category of people for you.....isn't he more a reward (only for you of course!)? πŸ˜ƒ

jprasad 😳es
IluvHrithik thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
[QUOTE=peaches]

Hey,

I just want to comment one thing.  First off even if Mons Singh did happen to vist the I f, she can't take offensive to those topics, because she is a professional actress....I'm assuming.  It comes with the territory.  I'm sure she is aware of the fact that some people are going to like her and some people are not.  She has to deal with it. This includes looks and acting.  It's up to eveyone's judgement and everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

I personaly think it's not appropriate to do such a thing, so I did my part and chose not to visit that thread, but that's just me.

But at the same time, eveyone has to express they're own views and this is the place for it.

Thanks.

[/quote]

Well said!  That is part of the business - not everyone will like you.

There are many threads here too that I just don't have an interest in and decide to not post in.

spike thumbnail

Originally posted by: queenbee

Spike, I'm sure you don't believe that expressing disagreement amounts to rowing, do you?

No hon, I don't. I just wrote it because I genuinely didn't want anyone to get upset over the matter.

Yes, Purab was called 'Uncle' and 'Granddad' plenty of times. But I'd like you to show me any recent posts where Purab has been labeled that. The wave came and subsided... and it subsided only because people realized that this was hurting Purab fans and hurting their friendships as well. I am one of those people who completely stopped any sly references to Purab's age and looks and have stuck to commenting on his acting or whatever else. I am sure you will find a lot of people having done the same thing. The realization may have come late, but it DID come.

Believe me Bee, I would have shown the post of a person who DID label Purab that, but the person is away due to important factors and I didn't think putting her/his name on would make her/him happy esp during her/his absence would be too good. And, if I go even further, it could have caused some amount of disagreements and perhaps even more. And that post was four or five days ago.

But thanks Bee for being part of those who stopped calling characters names based on the actors attributes.

Second, just as I feel it's not OK to start a thread whose sole purpose was running down Jassi's looks, I don't think calling Purab 'Uncle' was OK either, simply because it caused a great deal of offense. These things may sound funny to some people and nauseating to others. Like the famous quote goes: an eye for an eye would just end up making everyone blind. I'm sure we can have plenty of interesting discussions without making snide remarks and poking fun at the actors' looks. They are all just playing a part, and all of them are giving it the best they can. That is why we tune in to watch the show every night. To decry them based on their physical attributes and that too in such a frivolous manner is insulting, at least to me. You agree that it was not an intelligent discussion, or even particularly funny. I still haven't understood the idea behind this admittedly 'eye-catching' subject: "Jassi the Man." Don't you think that's just a wee bit offensive? How wold you like this topic: "Purab the Woman"?

Sure Bee, anyone can create that topic, and people can comment on it. It would have been a whole new discussion. In my opinion, as long as the talk is about the character, and not the actor, there should be no harm.  Yeah, a character's features are the result of the actors features, and I don't need to give examples to show that many people do comment about an actor's looks apart from his/her acting abilities.

The matter of that topic was that some people wanted to discuss the way the new jessica looked.

Mystica is very right, it is NOT fair to judge an actor based on something they have no control over, such as their jawbones or shape of face or whatever. And it's ludicrous to think that a certain actor suits or doesn't suit a particular role because of the shape of their back etc etc. There was nothing constructive in this entire conversation, only the 'bashing' which, imho, is uncalled for.

I agree with mystica on that part too. But, no one was judging the whole mona singh as an actress on-screen based only on her looks. We all have seen that she has a lot of capacity in her. Stating the view that jassi looks like a man is not going to make mona singh any less of an actor than she is right now. Just like stating purab as uncle won't make samir soni any less of the actor he is at the moment.

About the 'bashing' part. I realize I had typed a more heavy word for describing my feelings. I never meant it as a fighting or arguing place. I just wanted to say come here, enjoy the posts, state your opinion, have fun making friends and taking part. Sorry if anyone took it to heart.

mikagurl23 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Yes, i agree, Purab Uncle has been comign around alot. And grandad. But I dont think either of you that has been married, would want your husband to be called grandad if he was samir. I personally think, whomever calls him uncle, needs to consult a counselor that can teach them of realizing things earlier and immatureness discovery! Just kidding! No, but I think, Purab uncle and Purab grandad's namecalling has become less popular now because of piscean, and alot of other pplz, but I think whoever is continueing to ignore the message, should think twice before namecalling anyone or any character on the forum.

vishakha thumbnail
Are P-fans really offended by the phrase Puran U...? C'mon, there is nothing bad about it. That's how his character is perceived by some viewers. It is not abusive at all.. At least I don't think so...
Morgoth thumbnail

[quote=vishakha]Are P-fans really offended by the phrase Puran U...? C'mon, there is nothing bad about it. That's how his character is perceived by some viewers. It is not abusive at all.. At least I don't think so... [/quote]

Purab is called Uncle because of Samir's looks and facial features. This is something he has no control over. It is offensive for Purab fans to hear him being called an old man when, in reality, he and Apurva are around the same age. Even in the serial he's not portrayed as having a very large age difference from Armaan.

I think all of us can discuss the serial and have a good time debating about the characters and thier actions without resorting to name-calling and making fun of their looks. That way every fan will be able to express him or herself without the fear of being attacked or ridiculed.

What do you say, friends? 😊

bas02 thumbnail
yep agree Mysti! I think we do not need to label the characters with names such as uncle etc. I think for a time it can be funny and amusing but there is also a point where it can hurt some people's feelings, so just take that into consideration when posting everyone😊
vishakha thumbnail

Originally posted by: MysticaMagic

[quote=vishakha]Are P-fans really offended by the phrase Puran U...? C'mon, there is nothing bad about it. That's how his character is perceived by some viewers. It is not abusive at all.. At least I don't think so... [/quote]

Purab is called Uncle because of Samir's looks and facial features. This is something he has no control over. It is offensive for Purab fans to hear him being called an old man when, in reality, he and Apurva are around the same age. Even in the serial he's not portrayed as having a very large age difference from Armaan.

I think all of us can discuss the serial and have a good time debating about the characters and thier actions without resorting to name-calling and making fun of their looks. That way every fan will be able to express him or herself without the fear of being attacked or ridiculed.

What do you say, friends? 😊

<!-- Message ''"" -->

I think people need to be more openminded and understand that these are virtual characters that you love and hate.
And even if someone is talking about acting skills (or lack of the same) it should be fine..
These actors are getting paid for it and this is entertainment. If someone gets on my nerves by his or her pathetic acting, i think i will express it.
I won't be deliberately using U word if some folks think it is abusive but it is very very diffcult to draw the line..
Selina thumbnail

I agree with spike on this one. Its not like people were belittling Mona Singh, they were just saying that Jessica "looks manly." I remember those same people calling her "very pretty" when she wears regular clothes and puts her hair up in a ponytail. Also, there have been many posts telling Armaan to get a haircut because he looks very ugly. Its not like people don't like Apoorva, they are just commenting on his hair which makes him look bad. I think its the same with Jassi too. I don't think this post was put up to offend anyone here at IF.

Anyways... for sometime now I have been feeling like we can't discuss anything at IF anymore. I agree that it is very wrong to make fun of or be rude to any of the IF members. But I think we should be allowed to comment on the actors as they are the most important part of the show. Sorry, if I offended anyone by my post. I didn't mean to.

nishi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
well  all I need to say is  you may like a actor/character or you may dislike him/her  and you all can have an opinion on a person !!! but  that doesn't  matter at all ,but what matters is the way in which you present it ! i.e the language which you use !
   but it is true you cannot make everyone happy/agree to what you say /do,but one thing which is important is that when many feel offended abt it we should make sure we do not make the same mistake again !!!!! coz we all are friends here  and that matters the most !!!!!