Agreed.That's what he is realisingWink

yashika Senior Member
yashika
yashika

Posted: 22 October 2004 at 10:20am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Minnie

Originally posted by ides

arree....yeh Mallika ki baat mey Armaan kahaan se agyaWink...btw...I thought that Armaan rose above his dislikes of looks and supported Jassi to please his dadConfused

No,he did not.You can watch those episodes if you like.In fact Mallika wanted Pari for Armaan's secretary so that she could spy on him & Puru almost agreed to it. Mallika was arguing that a chairman's secretary should be beautiful and not ugly.Armaan remained adamant.

Jassi did not paste her photograph on her resume because she always got rejected due to her looks.When Armaan read her file he wanted to meet her.Manchanda told him (making a horrifying face) that the girl is too ugly.But Armaan overrode him & called her for an interview in which he was highly impresed.

There were numerous incidents after that in which he supported Jassi,inspite of being constantly taunted for hiring her.And at that time,he just did that because he saw her capabilities & stuck to his decision.And did not do that to impress anyone,but only because he thought it right.

minnie, ides

Armaan was keen on hiring jassi not so much for her qualifications but for the fact that by doing so he cld avoid having pari as his secretary coz pari was mallika's friend and he knew mallika wld use her to spy on him (remember that infamous diary with the names of all his female friends, that he took pains to hide from mallika).

Also, by then it had in a way become an ego issue with him ...raj had made a comment to the effect that even after his becoming chairman, mallika was trying to nachao him on her fingres and he cld not even take a simple decision as to who his secretary shld be .....

So, it was Armaan's ego that did not allow him to bow down to mallika's pressure......had he not hired jassi, it wld have been seen as him relenting to mallika's whims and fancies coz she had played a major role in his becoming chairman ....

later any little support that he gave to jassi  was the result of the upmanship game that was going on between him and mallika.....he did not want mallika to have the impression that she cld in any way control his life.

further on, when he realized jassi's true potential he saw her as someone who cld help him retain/save his chairmanship. he simply used her to his advantage.....just like some effective piece of machinary that was bringing him the desired results...in fact so oblivious was he to the fact that she too was a human being and had feelings that even raj had commented to him once that he treated jassi like some lifeless piece of furniture in his office and that she too was an insaan.....

remember his and mallika's engagement party...armaan asked her to do the arrangements even though she had a broken arm and when mallika insulted her and said such cruel things to her....he did not utter a single word....ok he cld not say anything in front of mallika, fine, but what abt later when they were alone.....without so much a sorry or a thank u for the arrangements...without any comforting words......he feelinglessly tells her to go to office and see if every thing was alright...that was extremely thoughtless, cruel and in human of him.....till that point, i was all for armaan and jassi ending up togther but after that something snapped inside me.....one doesn't have to love someone for caring for them or for simply being nice to them....one just has to be human...and armaan suri did not look human that day....tell me, do u help, care, support only the people u are in love with...what abt your colleagues, your team members etc.....and jassi was not a stranger to him..she was a loyal employee who had done so much for him and his company........the fact is armaan never looked at jassi as a human being and never treated her as one ....

Edited by yashika - 22 October 2004 at 11:29am
ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 22 October 2004 at 10:24am | IP Logged
well said yashika.....and thnx for clearing up why he hired jassi.....
Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 22 October 2004 at 11:01am | IP Logged

Everything you said is right.That was one of the factors but not the only factor.He was impressed by her knowledge.Armaan,a stickler for looks could have hired any other bimbo to keep Pari away.Agreed he had to give solid reasons for hiring someone else but he did recognise the callibre bang on without for one moment influenced bu her looks(she did look horrible).Those board meetings where Mallika woudn't let Jassi even enter the room or not give her a chair,Armaan pointedly overrode her.there was a hilarious scene when Malliks asks Jassi to get cofee & Armaan makes Jassi sit beside him and asks Pari to get the cofee instead.In fact what I said along with all you said made the essence of Armaan Suri.

One upmanship or whatever,the fact that armaan realised Jassi's potential when no one else did is very very important (He was her employer for God's sake.he hired her to work for him,not to fall for her).True he treated her badly but Jassi also got back to him when she had her chance.She bullied,blackmailed and did everything she could to make her presense felt.he deserved it too.So it isn't that Jassi has suffered silently always.

However,my objection all along has been the very thing you pointed out: How could Armaan from being manipulative and arrogant just became purely evil and insensitive and no one raised any objection and accepted it hands down?Accepted Purab's pure white character hands down?Accepted Jassi's transformation from a suffering lamb to a go getter overambitious toobig for her boots bully?And yet when positive things start happenning with Armaan and Jassi,when he suddenly starts seeing her more than just a piece of furniture,all hands go up in indignation?????????AngryWhy does you all want Armaan to remain evil forever????? only because if he does Jassi might start appreciting him and that might rekindle her love for him?

he hasn't,after his so called reformation done anything to suggest he is in love with Jassi or he wants to break up her engagement with Purab.( he even sent Purab his best wishes).He also did not ask Jassi to meet before engagement.It was before or after.Thumbs Up

If you were all for Armaan and Jassi together before the engagement party then you couldn't have thought him pure evil or anything even closer to it.So why no ques at Armaan's transformation then?And why so many ques to his recent one?It's just Purab's presence why no one is ready to give Armaan any chance of redemption whatsoever.That is very very unfairAngryAngryAngry.

However I also cocede that it must be heartbreaking to see a guy like Purab suffer because armaan choses this point to redeem itself.I can only say:Kabhi kisi ko mukkammal jahan nahi milta:Kabhi jameen to kabhi aasmaan nahi miltaConfused

Edited by Minnie - 22 October 2004 at 11:24am
lakshmi_maruthi Goldie
lakshmi_maruthi
lakshmi_maruthi

Posted: 22 October 2004 at 11:13am | IP Logged

wow Yashika.. good points.. totally agree.. that was the day from when even I started hoping that Jassi  realises what sort of a person he is.. That was the day I was hoping Jassi would stop being his doormat and get some self-respect for herself..

and this was all before Purab had entered..

pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 22 October 2004 at 11:23am | IP Logged

If you were all for Armaan and Jassi together before the engagement party then you couldn't have thought him pure evil or anything even closer to it.So why no ques at Armaan's transformation then?And why so many ques to his recent one?It's just Purab's presence why no one is ready to give Armaan any chance of redemption whatsoever.That is very very unfair.

not true entirely......i have no problem with armaan's redemption...nor does anyone else.....the disagreement comes in when the redemption includes jassi handed on platter. the moment whichever it was has passed....but we keep coming back to it. for now she is commited to purab and armaan is commited to mallika(like it or not....it is the bitter truth) and when you commit to someone then you are stuck.

hypothetically if you fall in love after marraige(not talking about hubby), would you choose love or commitment. love and marraige are two different things.

besides while jassi and purab are on platonic terms....armaan and mallika are on more closer terms. i might sound like a prude but all these factors do have some bearing on our way of thinking. as for purab's presence.....no one can deny that it has affected armaan's character negatively...they are situated at opposite ends of spectrum but if you could get purab(assume he is true and exists for a sec) would you still go for armaan(with all his unpredictability)

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 22 October 2004 at 11:28am | IP Logged

Pj:   if you could get purab(assume he is true and exists for a sec) would you still go for armaan(with all his unpredictability)

If I really loved him and I was sure of his love,yes, I definitely would.

ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 22 October 2004 at 11:45am | IP Logged
well said pjClapClap.....the key is commitment....not everything in life comes with a trial run period.....faith and belief play a pivotal role in the smooth running of every relationship.....They have made their decisions and should now stand by it....and that might just be armaan's redemption...

Go to top