India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Annoying Jassi?

mirchi Groupbie
mirchi
mirchi

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 9:45am | IP Logged

Okay Okay.... don't you all whack me over the head here.... but I have to say that Jassi has been annoying me since her 'change in appearance' Angry

She is so self-absorbed with her looks, her diet, her exercise, etc etc, and comes across as very narcissistic!

I mean, what image of women is the show portraying? The original storyline, despite having its flaws, was overall, much better conceptualised.

The new storyline depicts a very warped view of women. Think about all the female characters in the show:

Bebe: gets flack from her arrogant son, shown no respect

Jassi's mum: treated like a carpet by her hubby, he walks all over her and for good measure, leaves his ego-centric footprints behind

Mallika: conniving vamp, with no morals and good intentions

and the rest, follow in the same pattern.....

Rather sad actually... the writers need to revisit the idea of 'The New Jassi', oh excuse me, Miss Jessica Bedi Confused

But, I so do like, Nandu Wink

MiRcHi

Jyoti_2006 IF-Dazzler
Jyoti_2006
Jyoti_2006

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 2:29pm | IP Logged

hi hi mirchi !!! welcome to IF!!

well said!!

peaches Goldie
peaches
peaches

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 2:35pm | IP Logged

Yes I agree...Jessica is a bit extreme.

But what the hell is wrong with maintaining yourself.  When did diet and exercise become an issue? What's so wrong with her image?  Are you trying to imply that maintaing your body and wearing someting different is wrong?

Sorry...I don't agree with some of the things that Jessica is doing.  But I have no problems with Jessica wearing what she wants to wear and  looking the way she wants to.

A woman has a right to chose.  She's not being provative nor is she flirting with anyone and using her loooks in a negative way.  So what is the problem?

OM

strawberry Senior Member
strawberry
strawberry

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 3:00pm | IP Logged
 I don't think that by looking after urself is narrsicisstic by any standards. I don't think what jassi did with her looks was anythink wrong. does this mean if we wear jeans and use makeup and exercise we become corrupted. jassi is a character that is evloving and learning the way of the world. If she had not modelled where wld the money for bebe's operation have come from. armaan giving a handout. billo realized that he speaks without thinking and the effect it had on bebe. change is a necessary evil that we all have to adopt in order to survive in this world. she is still the same jassi underneath everything. they have shown it many times.
queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 3:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by peaches

Yes I agree...Jessica is a bit extreme.

But what the hell is wrong with maintaining yourself.  When did diet and exercise become an issue? What's so wrong with her image?  Are you trying to imply that maintaing your body and wearing someting different is wrong?

Sorry...I don't agree with some of the things that Jessica is doing.  But I have no problems with Jessica wearing what she wants to wear and  looking the way she wants to.

A woman has a right to chose.  She's not being provative nor is she flirting with anyone and using her loooks in a negative way.  So what is the problem?

OM

I totally agree!

Anyway, all her treadmill workouts and weight-watching are completely justified as she is shown a model... my only problem is, WHY is she a modelConfusedDead ...

About Bebe - she doesn't take any flak from Billu normally... I agree that it is an unspoken rule ... and silently obeyed too... that Billu is the 'head' of the family, being the middle-class middle-aged+ ex--bread-winner MALE ... but Bebe can very well stand up for herself. She seems to have more power over Billu to mould his thinking than his wife (which again, it somewhat typical of the great Indian middle-class). I appreciate the blend of integrity and loving forgiveness which is so uniquely Bebe's. She is my bestest screen Grandma ever!!!Embarrassed Besides, she has always been open about her displeasure with Billu over the throwing-out-Jassi issue, and even swore not to speak to him again. She's pretty assertive about her likes and dislikes, and when she thinks something is just not done. I like that about her.

Amrit, on the other hand, seems to exercise no such nakhra-power over BilluConfused We can interpret her character as 'weak' or we can just say she is full of love and loyalty for everyone from Jassi to Billu and exactly the kind of wife he needs to retain the illusion that he is the Lion KingWink ... works out very well for everyone concerned!!! Now, if I were Billu's wife.......... Tongue heaven help the poor guy....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I luv Nandu too!Embarrassed ... he can be MY pal anytime!!!EmbarrassedEmbarrassed
peaches Goldie
peaches
peaches

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 3:08pm | IP Logged

Strawberry........I'm standing right now by the way!

I so agree with you!

As for Billu not respecting his mother....Um he only cried like a baby to save her. He was willing to only sell the house to save his mother. That a#$ ....That arrogant man! That's all he did to save his mother..he has no respect at all for her.

How could he do that? I counted the tears he had in this eye...it was only 10,000 drops. That's all. So disrespectful....na?

If you haven't already picked up on it...I was being sarcastic.

Sorry...i was just in a good mood. I don't want to offend

peaches Goldie
peaches
peaches

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 3:10pm | IP Logged

Very well said Queen BeeClapClapClap

Piscean IF-Rockerz
Piscean
Piscean

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 3:31pm | IP Logged
I def agree about Amrit though! All things said and done I'd hate it to be in her position! She practically has no say in the family.....however I guess every family has one person like her. I personally wouldn't want to be that person though!

Go to top