Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Ghetto Fabbulous

hippi2go Goldie
hippi2go
hippi2go

Posted: 15 April 2006 at 11:52pm | IP Logged

I was watching one of eminem's video and that boy never seem to stop amazing me at how fly he could be...Those of you who don't know who eminem is...He is a gora/white rapper in usa, who is not so happy with his own race, which led him to act very ghetto-ish aka very very fly...

No offense meant to anyone, but this kind of people (ABCD's) piss the heck out of meAngry...Everybody at one point or other goes thru harshness in their life from their own people, but that should never be an excuse of turning yourself into pretty fly for a white guy...Cause the only thing you are accomplishing by doing this is making a full of yourself...

Your views

Morgoth IF-Veteran Member
Morgoth
Morgoth

--

Posted: 16 April 2006 at 9:07am | IP Logged
well, i never listen to eminem's songs so i dont know what the context of this one is. but, in my interpretation, it could mean that even though one may be "white", they can identify with "black" culture more. they understand the ghettos better.

but, i do agree about some of the ABCDs and CBCDs not being happy about their race. what bothers me is that they are ashamed of being Indian. I know of people who would pretend to be Trinidadians instead of Indian coz Trinidad is supposedly "cooler".

i think a person should be true to themselves and their identity. you can adopt a different culture if you want, but don't demean someone else's culture. have respect.
|iami5o4| Goldie
|iami5o4|
|iami5o4|

Posted: 16 April 2006 at 4:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by T.

well, i never listen to eminem's songs so i dont know what the context of this one is. but, in my interpretation, it could mean that even though one may be "white", they can identify with "black" culture more. they understand the ghettos better.

but, i do agree about some of the ABCDs and CBCDs not being happy about their race. what bothers me is that they are ashamed of being Indian. I know of people who would pretend to be Trinidadians instead of Indian coz Trinidad is supposedly "cooler".

i think a person should be true to themselves and their identity. you can adopt a different culture if you want, but don't demean someone else's culture. have respect.

so true! There's a lot of indians who aren't proud to be "indian". They just don't bother getting to know about their roots, culture, or religion. It really upsets me when I see that. But thank god for movies like American Desi. An ABCD can learn a thing or two from a movie like that.

I guess in Eminem's case... I don't think he's trying to be "black" or anything. He's white and he shows it. He just grew up in a black society so thats what he's going to reflect on in his music and stuff.
Angeleyes 2 IF-Sizzlerz
Angeleyes 2
Angeleyes 2

Posted: 17 April 2006 at 10:25pm | IP Logged
I think eminem not trying to be ghetto he is from brooklyn and that is a ghett area. It has to do more with the area u grew up in. For example if your white and u grew up in a certain part in India u will be wearing saree or salwar and perhaps u might be the same religion your neighbors are. I like to listen to eminem songs, he is a good rapperSmile

Edited by Angeleyes 2 - 17 April 2006 at 10:25pm
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index