Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

CuteFairy91

IF-Rockerz

CuteFairy91

Posted: 15 April 2006 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
Does Bollywood influnce the people or the people influence Bollywood?? Smile Wat do u think?? Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Bollywood...." in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 16 April 2006 at 2:03am | IP Logged
Both.

|iami5o4|

Goldie

|iami5o4|

Posted: 16 April 2006 at 4:16pm | IP Logged
I think society influences the film industry. As society changes along with its people the films slowly begin to change as well. Its all happening right now. Everything now is more modern and hip. Movies now are being made for the newer generation (meaning us not our parents). So, yea I would say society influences the film industry hands down.

rat718

rat718

Posted: 16 April 2006 at 5:20pm | IP Logged
This much not be related to the actual subject. Bolly wood I think is just a COPY CAT of Hollywood! why cant we desi's think on our own and why do we have to copy Hollywood all the time.Any new movie is a copy cat of the Westren movies.Of course the original is much better.

|iami5o4|

Goldie

|iami5o4|

Posted: 16 April 2006 at 6:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rat718

This much not be related to the actual subject. Bolly wood I think is just a COPY CAT of Hollywood! why cant we desi's think on our own and why do we have to copy Hollywood all the time.Any new movie is a copy cat of the Westren movies.Of course the original is much better.

I don't think all indian movies that are coming out are just copies of Hollywood movies. o_O I think you're exaggerating just a bit here. Bollywood doesn't base their whole industry on "copying" Hollywood. That's ridiculous. They come out with their own stories and ideas all the time. Do I really have to make a list of movies that aren't copied from Hollywood for you?

Anyway, I think you're forgetting the question here. Wink

Originally posted by CuteFairy91

Does Bollywood influnce the people or the people influence Bollywood?? Smile Wat do u think?? Smile

rat718

rat718

Posted: 16 April 2006 at 8:44pm | IP Logged
I think that was my conclusion that Bollywood does not influence People or vice versa. I think Hollywood INFLUENCES Bollywood.This is my personel opinion.Sorry if I offend anyone.   

rat718

rat718

Posted: 16 April 2006 at 8:44pm | IP Logged
I think that was my conclusion that Bollywood does not influence People or vice versa. I think Hollywood INFLUENCES Bollywood.This is my personel opinion.Sorry if I offend anyone.   

TiN24

Goldie

TiN24

Posted: 17 April 2006 at 1:56pm | IP Logged
Yes...hollywood does influence bollywood. But at the same time, hollywood doesn't put a gun to bollywood's head and say "copy everything I do". I personally think that Bollywood has got waaaaaaaaaaay out of control in the past couple of years in terms of vulgarity. Hollywood movies have taken a back seat and aren't as bad as bollywood movies these days.

I think bollywood should stick to their own concepts and storylines and try something original for a change. Its true not ALL bollywood movies are copied from hollywood but its very easy to say majority are copied. I don't think bollywood influences people, I think the people influence bollywood and those people are hollywood. Someone can influence you but can't MAKE you do something. Same way hollywood and "western concepts and ideas" have influenced bollywood, but they don't make bollywood copy them and carry them out in their films.

Bottom line, in my opinion I think bollywood has tried tooooo much to be like Hollywood and its come to the point where its just plain sick now. I am really no more interested in even thinking about a bollywood movie. Every other movie either has been copied by a hollywood film or is basically x-rated. I say just people should just stick to hindi drama's. They are more family-oriented and more enjoyable. Big smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top