Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bunmaska thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

😃😃 so very right u r my dear chilly 😆. Yeah Kripa and Angad meeting in Naini hills would be so romantic. Hope Ekta shows more of such stuff and not spoil the whole fun by playing Kya Kool hain hum blasting no. in b/w.😡🤢.........ha ha........😃

😊

Cheers

Lata

chillyflakes thumbnail
Originally posted by: Lata

😃😃 so very right u r my dear chilly 😆. Yeah Kripa and Angad meeting in Naini hills would be so romantic. Hope Ekta shows more of such stuff and not spoil the whole fun by playing Kya Kool hain hum blasting no. in b/w.😡🤢.........ha ha........😃

😊

Cheers

Lata

😆 That was a good one Lata!

Chilly!

lilly thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

As Yusuf Khan becomes Dilip Kumar

by: Roshmila Bhattacharya

Today it is hard to imagine Dilip Kumar as anything but an actor but interestingly the thespian never had stars in his eyes when he was speeding through college, waiting to be asked to assist his abba with his fruit business. Handling mangoes, apples and oranges gave Yusuf Khan a strange kind of pleasure and it wasn't long before his abba trusted him enough to let him clinch deals by himself. It was to fix one such deal that the young Yusuf went to Nainital where Devika Rani, the boss lady of Bombay Talkies, stumbled upon him, and life was never the same again.

Because of my intense devotion and love for my hometown Naini, I tried watching a very senseless movie Baaz A bird in danger ( Karishma Kapoor, Sunil Shetty, Dino Moria ) . Talking of movies one of my old faviourate  Kati Patang ( Rajesh Khanna, Asha Parekh, Bindoo) was almost entirely shot in Naini . Besides the movies you have mentioned parts of Armaan were also shot.

I agree Ekta if you shoot in and around Naini, you will have much more pictouruos location and beauty besides saving the millions in firangi location ( I am sure the millions you loose will not make a dent to your pocket, but hey may be you can donate some vitamin M to us needy who will be so gratefull)

Lilly

Devoted Bhaktin of hometown Nainital

Bhavi thumbnail
Hey Gals...well i could not resist writing regarding this topic.. after reading so many of you talk about the beautiful Nainital.. i wanna visit there the next time i am in India.  i thought that i had seen it all by visiting Simala, manali, kullu, Rothang and other such places.. but i guess i have to make a trip just to visit Nainital. Sounds romantic.. can't wait to go there now..
Racmonpheebs thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: chillyflakes

Oooh so many people with Naini connection! Me, I was born in Naini, my mom taught at St. Marys. I used to visit Naini atleast twice a year, but now I haven't been there for almost 3 years.....😭 

The Khannas are dumbos.....Nainital is not at all DM (as the prissy Anita says), its one of the most expensive hill stations houses some of the best boarding schoolsin India. One has to just see the lovely British era bunglows there, and even though Naini lake is so polluted now, the boat ride in evenings is so romantic!

As many of you would be aware, Amitabh Bacchan is from Sherwood School, Nainital!

So much for Khannas and their geography!

Chilly

ps : Do you think Ekta will shoot a part of KYPH in Nainital, when Angad goes to Kripa to win her back??? I sure hope she does, if she can take the KSBKBT team to Australia and Swiss, she can take Angad and Kripa to Nainital too......

Hey chilliflakes,
   I have studied in both the schools of Nainital, St Marys convent and All Saints college, during the late 70's and early 80's. If your mother was a teacher during that time maybe I know her. Can you just say hello to her from my side. And tell her I miss my school days and all the teachers there have made me what I am today  ( A loving and devoted mother, homemaker)

Racmonpheebs
pallavilumba thumbnail

ah Nainital ....most of my summer holidays during my childhood days were spent there! how i loved that place and the treck from the mall to St Josepphs or then the drive uptp sherwood. My hometown is in Rampur and whenever we went visiting my grandmom in rampur, Nainital used to be the ultimate destination for us over the weekends.

dad studied in St josephs and my aunts in st mary's..... ans my cousin got married there....its been years since i went to nainital...visits to nainital become infrequent after grandparents death! but i would surely love to visit that place again and revisit my childhood!!! Ah for the ever romantic boat ride specially when the sun was setting or playing with the hails... i feel like going to nainital right away.

Pallavi!