India-Forums

Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai
Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai

The KYPH Family and Relationships

chillyflakes Senior Member
chillyflakes
chillyflakes

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 12:06am | IP Logged

I have got the names of all the Characters in the right order now! Just jotting them down for all the newbies on this thread!

The Sharma's

Prof. Surya Bhaan Sharma - Kripa's dad, a teacher by profession, settled in Nainital with his family.

Gayatri Sharma - Kripa's mother and Surya Bhaan's wife.

(Real name : Neha Bamb) Kripa Sharma - Surya and Gayatri's 17 year old daughter, just passed out of school, has come to Mumbai to pursue Music. The female lead in the soap.

Bobby Sharma - Kripa's younger brother, stays in Naintal with his Parents.

The Khanna's

Dilip Khanna - Head Honcho of a Music Academy, a small-timer who made it very big. Surya Bhaan and Dilip used to be very good friends when Dilip was in Nainital and Surya helped Dilip reach the position where he is today.

Naina Khanna - Dilip's wife, the real boss of the house and of their business. Runs Angad's career and the Music Business of the Family.

Kartik Khanna - Dilip and Naina's elder son, helps his Father in running the Academy.

(Real name: Mohammad Iqbal Khan )Angad Khanna - Dilip and Naina's 22 - 24 year old, younger son, a singing sensation and a pop idol. The male lead in the soap.

Devyani Khanna alias Dadi - Dilip's mother and Angad's grandmother, lives seperately from the family in her own house.

Nethra - Naina's elder sister who lives with the Khanna's along with her two daughters.

Anita - Nethra's elder daughter, Angad's cousin, is a student in the Family Music Academy.

(Real name :Manasi Varma) Alia - Nethra's younger daughter, she too is a student at the Music Academy and lives in the Khanna House.

Tejdhar ''Teddy'' - The Khanna's butler.

The Bose's

Damini Bose - A Widow, heading the biggest Event Management Conglomerate of India, and a very close friend of Naina Khanna. A Business-woman par excellence and a wonderful Mother to Prithvi and Mishti.

Prithvi Bose - The third and final angle of the triangle, Damini Bose's elder son, responsible, mature and serene. Supports Kripa immensely and is hopelessly but silently in love with his friend! Is respected and admired by everyone, especially by Kripa, Harshini and his sister Mishti, and disliked by just Angad!

Mishti Bose - Damini's younger daughter, Prithvi's kid sister, is very close to her Brother, and shares a warm and loving relationship with her Mom and Brother. Very fond of Kripa and keeps trying to pair her off with her Brother! Is madly attracted towards Angad, but keeps her distance from him.

Others

Harshini - Kripa's best friend from Nainital, has come to Mumbai and has joined the Academy along with Kripa.

Mannan - Angad's best friend and hangeron!

Dadi's maid - A South-indian woman, takes care of Dadi and stays with her.

Prof. Shivamani - Kripa's music teacher at the academy.

Relationships in KHPY

According to the best of my knowledge and abilities, here is the connections between the ancillary characters with the main ones, as I could make out. A lot of it is also pure speculation, so don't come after me with brickbats, if things don't turn out to be the way I wroteLOL

Angad and Kripa - As of now, they have no relationship. Angad does not even know of her existence and as far as Kripa goes, Angad has fallen very badly in her eyes and she ''thinks'' that she no longer cares for him. But we all know, that these two are going to fall in love, and fall hard! But as of now, their relationship in on ground zero. According to Sonu's post, these two are going to have a competitive chemistry to begin with, then they will both fall in love, only that Kripa will realize it, but Angad won't for some time!

Angad and Dadi - Share a beautiful, warm, loving and emotional relationship! Dadi is besotted with her grandson and thinks the world of him, she sees the sensitive, humane child in the arrogant superstar! Angad on the other hand is very close to Dadi and can never refuse or argue with her on anything.

Angad and Naina - Share a very complex relationship. While Angad toes Naina's line and does exactly what pleases her, she on the other hand seems to have full control over his professional life and pushes him to no extent to fulfill her ambitions. But at the same time, Naina is very attached and possessive about Angad, and shows obvious favourtism towards him all the time! Angad doesn't seem to be emotionally attached to his Mother, but always does what she expects and wants him to do, and can never refuse her for anything, perhaps, because Angad realizes that Naina is the one who has made his career and stardom!

Angad and Dilip - Hardly anything known till now. Angad doesn't seem to have much time, respect or any love for his Father and has never been shown interacting with him, while Dilip prefers to leave Angad on his own and not interfere in his life, the way Naina does.

Angad and Kartik - Once again, hardly anything is known on this except that Kartik is Angad's elder brother. Kartik has a bone of contention against Angad but is not open about it, as it will irk Naina to no end, but Angad doesn't seem to be much bothered by Kartik. They seem to share a very cool, distant relationship, and prefer to keep out of each other's way!

Angad with Anita and Alia - Angad is the maternal cousin to Anita and Alia. I am speculating that Angad doesn't give a rats ass for Anita, who in turn licks his boots only because he is such a star. But my guess is that Angad and Alia get along like a house on fire, since they are both so similar in nature (in some aspects).

Angad and Mannan - Best buddies and close friends, Angad seems to rely a lot on Mannan who in turn genuinly cares for Angad's welfare!

Angad and Mishti - Good friends, share a very warm, buddy-buddy type relationship. Both of them flirt a lot and enjoy each other's company immensely. While Mishti seems to be smitten by him, Angad sees her just as a good friend and maintains his distance from her.

Angad and Prithvi - Know each other very well from childhood and do not get along at all. Prithvi considers Angad to be an irresponsible, insensitive, spoilt brat, and keeps his distance from him, but is not rude or aggressive towards him, while Angad toes the ''open enemity'' line and makes his opnion and feelings for Prithvi very clear to him!

Mishti and Prithvi - Siblings, Prithvi is Mishti's elder brother. Both of them share a very warm, loving and typical sibiling relationship. Mishti absoulutley adores and worships her brother and wants him to confess his feelings to Kripa asap!

Prithvi and Kripa - On the path to becoming close friends and confidantes! Prithvi is hopelessly in love with Kripa, but maintains a dignified silence and has not expressed anything, while Kripa seems to have a lot of respect and admiration for Prithvi and has no clue about his growing emotional affection for Kripa.

Prithvi and Anita - Prithvi is the typical nice-boy who gets along with one and all and is liked by everyone in general, Anita seems to have a major crush on him, but Prithvi just treats her like any normal friend.

Kripa and Harshini - Close friends from Nainital, Harshini seems to be dependent on Kripa, who seems to be the more mature and independent kinds.

Damini, Prithvi and Mishti - Damini is Mother to Prithvi and Mishti, and is a wonderful, caring and loving Mother. Both the children look up to her and have tremendous respect and affection for her. Damini is a very open-minded Mother to her children and does not believe in making them do what she wants, rather leaves their decisions for them to make.

Damini and Naina - Very old and apparently very close friends. While Damini is genuinly a friend to Naina, she on the other hand wants to marry off Angad and Mishti so that the super-rich Bose become their relatives and Angad is taken care off for the rest of his life! Damini does not seem to have too good an impression of Angad, but does not want to be rude or snub her old friend.

Prithvi and Harshini - Harshini has already fallen for him, but I don't think Prithvi would be even aware of her!

Fill me, incase I have missed out any other connection here! I hope this helps in anyway!

Chilly!

Edited by chillyflakes - 27 April 2005 at 5:05am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

asyasahil928

lilly Senior Member
lilly
lilly

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 4:40am | IP Logged

Excellant chiiliflakes the way you have been contributing with posts and updates which I have been reading for the last few weeks and now I am getting tempted to join in the discussion, I have been a regular visitor at the TD post and your writing skills remind me so much of Disha 77 who has an excellant way with her words  ( dont take me wrong , I am not trying to compare), it's almost if you are clones with your skills of writing

Lilly

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

TheBlackJaguar IF-Stunnerz
TheBlackJaguar
TheBlackJaguar

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
Chilly, U ROCK. Now I know where to refer whenever I get confused in the Khanna clan or the Sharma Clan.
sukh IF-Rockerz
sukh
sukh

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
that was too coll. thank u so much.Tongue
samie IF-Rockerz
samie
samie

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 3:44pm | IP Logged
thanx
samie IF-Rockerz
samie
samie

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 3:45pm | IP Logged
2 make it a sticky ull have 2 ask a global mod or vijay as i did 4 the story outline on the homepage
meghavi IF-Rockerz
meghavi
meghavi

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 5:28pm | IP Logged

Thanks soo much chilly...first i was confused about who's --- who in the show...but now i understand!!!Big smile

jingle IF-Rockerz
jingle
jingle

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 11:29pm | IP Logged

thanks a lot

on friday:8th of april 8.30pm to 9pm they showed the whole recap of the serial from the begining

Go to top