was she asking for it?

Posted: 18 years ago

well we were discussing something...i forgot what...and "rape" came up and out of nowhere this girl goes..."oh she was asking for it" and the whole class had a debate on whether the girl was "asking for it" or not.

so...was she asking for it?

-------

my opinion:

in society, everything becomes the girl's fault--especially what she has no control over. to say that something like reape was the girl's fault is ridiculus. maybe she was walking down a dark ally all alone at night or she wsa dressed prevocatively but that still does not give anyone the excuse to rape her. rapists are sick people and they have mental problems. nothing can control a rapist's sick thoughts. it just might happen that the girl was wearing something provocative but that does not mean if she were dressed differently the rapist would not have raped her. Also, why is it the girl's fault? it is pathetic that even when a girl is in a helpless situation she is still the one blamed

Rape is an inhuman act which cannot be forced on any human being even is he/she is roaming ard naked and has the best body around. Whats the diference between man and animals if they decide to force physical brutality over women?

It is never the fault of the women even if she was dressed as she pleases. Men all over the world believe that if a girl dresses off to exhibit herself and smiles she is ready to be raped and he isnot a fault. Thats the height of self gratification and cheap thinking. Talk to a man who is out of prison and after having been raped by the inmates..he will know the pain and the humiliation associated with rape. Every human being who thinks the girl asked for it should be given a reality check and also remind them if a man is an animal he will rape even if the girl is in bikini or in salwar kameez.

NO GIRL EVER asks for Rape.

Technically, if she is asking for it, then it isn't rape. Consensual sex isn't rape. Heck, rape isn't even supposed to be considered sex, it is an act of violence towards humanity.

It is disgusting when men use this excuse to justify their actions.They are just mentally sick and are not worthy to be called humans.

Rape can happen to anyone. Old woman to 10 months olds get raped by sick men. I was watching  Zee News about a month and a half ago  and I had heard that a 10-month-old girl was raped by a family friend in a village in India.

Now tell me, was that baby asking for it???

And there are news here in the US and around the world of elderly women getting raped.

And during a war, I am not sure which one, many Bosnian women were raped by the enemy country in an attempt to humiliate them.

So then how does a girl ask for it.

I can guarantee that any female of any age, who just happens to be in the way of a psycho rapist, will get raped, not because of what she is wearing or how old or how attractive she is, but because the rapist is a sick idiot who deserves to rot in hell.

Its ridiculous to say that the girl was raped because she comes home after the sun dawns or she wears revealing clothes or whatever.There are men who move on the roads who do not wear shirts and reveal there body ! I have not seen one single girl staring at them,and admiring there physique ! Its men who stare at gurl wearing mini skirts and backless dresses. Let the girl wear anything and everything or nothing for that matter.It doesnt give all the rights in this world to a man to walk upto her and FORCE himself on her.Its the WORST thing that anyone can do to anybody ! KILLING someone is much better.
A phsycho will always remain one.You dont go out of your home,you wear anything,if he has intentions to rape,nothing can stop him.I wish the law could!
It is like asking was a person asking to get killed himself. 😡

i definetly believe that any girl in her right state of mind would never "ask" for anything as hideous..thats something realy crazy to say..
but we all have to accept that there are people with sick,twisted,contorted brains who would do anything at all.such elements are present everywhere and we cannot do anything about it rather than be aware and careful about the way we dress,behave,the time,place,atmosphere etc.
i kno its extremely unfair that girls have to make the compromises but in the end if u go to see its for our own good,
obviously we cannot do much to change the minds of such lunatics,but what we can do is take measures to protect ourselves ,but i feel it is definetly wrong to point fingers at the girl if at all anything happens..
Why pointing to a girl, whose's the victim of such a sick crime. To me, IT'S THE MOST SICK CRIME OF ALL!!

Traveller, I somewhat agree with u here. Girls, let us face it. A few weeks ago a South African model was raped while she was drunk, in mumbai. Although nobody can justify that only those who wear revealing cloths get raped, a sick rapist can even rape a fully covered girl or a baby as Monica mentioned. But its some sort of an attraction factor when girls wear revealing cloths. I mean when men(whether of 16 or 60) see women wearing a bikini on TV, they start seeing every girl in street wearing a bikini...even if she's dressed in a sari or shalwar kameez. The way those hungry eyes do an X-ray of women... 😡 . And definately when they can't get a prey easily..they go for a forced attitude--rape. Along with this i think child abuse issue is well correlated. Children seem an easy prey to these sick, psycho, cheap ,ridiculous, empty minded ,horrible,.......men!! 😡 😡   ðŸ˜¡ 😡

VERY WRONG TO POINT ON ANY GIRL FOR THE RAPE!!!!CHEAP THOUGHT 😡 😡 😡
cheap cheap cheap n a really cheap thought 2 blame d gal 4 dat heinous crime
😭 dun know how can sum1 even think lik dat
😡 not at all fair 😡 2 blame d gal 😡
You guyz wont belive it but this was on da news..

This man raped his sister in law n his 3 daughters. His wife was sleeping in da room cuz she wasnt feeling well. First he tied his daughters to a thing. N he raped em. 🤢 He got one of his duaghter preg. I was so shocked. 🤢 😡
no way does a girl ever ask to be raped no matter what they do rape seriously affects a girl mentally physically and emotionally no girl would ever want to go through that