Manoj Bajpai and KYZ takes a break

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Manoj Bajpai takes a break

Back to films: Manoj Bajpai

Kam Ya Zyada to go off air for four months, to return with new format

Ram Kamal Mukherjee

After completing 100 episodes of Kam Ya Zyada, Bollywood actor-turned-anchor Manoj Bajpai is taking a break from the reality-based game show. "Yes, the serial will be going off air for four months and will return with a new look," Manoj says.

But he is not sure whether he will be part of the second season or not. "I had a 100-episode contract with the channel and now I am through with it. They have promised me certain changes in the programme. If I like these changes, I will renew my contract," he says.

Manoj has been working on television for the last seven months and claims to have had enjoyed his stint with the idiot-box. "It was not like any another serial as I had to interact with various kinds of people," he says. But didn't he miss the big screen? "You can't compare television and cinema. It was a deliberate decision not to sign films. I have always been selective about my projects and prefer sitting at home rather than doing sub-standard work," he says. 

Manoj will resume work in films now and will be seen in lyricist Mehmood's Ek Minute and Iqbal Rizvi's film, 90 Minutes. "Iqbal's film is about indoor football. I liked the concept and agreed to be part of the project," he says. Manoj is also looking forward to the release of Amrit Sagar's 1971. "My character in the film is very real. I have heard lot of stories about the Partition, but none so real," he says.

Manoj is also planning to start a film with E Niwas. "We have finalised the script. We will be back together seven years after our film Shool. This time too, I will play a cop, but the treatment will be different," he says.

• They have promised me certain changes in the programme. If I like these changes, I will renew my contract
— Manoj Bajpai

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;sectname=Television&sess=296484395

Edited by monika.goel - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mitesh.P thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: monika.goel

Manoj Bajpai takes a break

Back to films: Manoj Bajpai

Kam Ya Zyada to go off air for four months, to return with new format

Ram Kamal Mukherjee

After completing 100 episodes of Kam Ya Zyada, Bollywood actor-turned-anchor Manoj Bajpai is taking a break from the reality-based game show. "Yes, the serial will be going off air for four months and will return with a new look," Manoj says.

But he is not sure whether he will be part of the second season or not. "I had a 100-episode contract with the channel and now I am through with it. They have promised me certain changes in the programme. If I like these changes, I will renew my contract," he says.

Manoj has been working on television for the last seven months and claims to have had enjoyed his stint with the idiot-box. "It was not like any another serial as I had to interact with various kinds of people," he says. But didn't he miss the big screen? "You can't compare television and cinema. It was a deliberate decision not to sign films. I have always been selective about my projects and prefer sitting at home rather than doing sub-standard work," he says. 

Manoj will resume work in films now and will be seen in lyricist Mehmood's Ek Minute and Iqbal Rizvi's film, 90 Minutes. "Iqbal's film is about indoor football. I liked the concept and agreed to be part of the project," he says. Manoj is also looking forward to the release of Amrit Sagar's 1971. "My character in the film is very real. I have heard lot of stories about the Partition, but none so real," he says.

Manoj is also planning to start a film with E Niwas. "We have finalised the script. We will be back together seven years after our film Shool. This time too, I will play a cop, but the treatment will be different," he says.

• They have promised me certain changes in the programme. If I like these changes, I will renew my contract
— Manoj Bajpai

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;am p;sectname=Television&sess=296484395

Thank you, Zee just copy...Sony
srk_rulz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I remember a while ago that srk will be starting a game show on zee, it was on many forums. Do you think manoj took his place instead? 😕 The show itself is really good though. hope it gets the attention of even more people after its new look. 😛