Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

JJKN is so boring now adays (Page 2)

lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
hi
well regarding her being arrested already many topics have been posted and replied in detail (the gist being that she CAN be arrested...if the law finds out that company money is found in personal account instead of company account and supposed owner is missing)

next Q being that Jassi is not pretty enough....i really think that she is more than pretty enough to be a supermodel (if you notice today that being pretty is probably not the first requirement to be a supermodel)

...she however doesnt have the charishma to carry herself so...with all airs and that....
and what is irritating everyone is the way the show is reflecting her beauty. everyone from the hospital receptionist...to a totally weakened old lady (bebe) only seem to be noticing that she is beautiful....well if anyone showed so much of interest in ash, i think people would start feeling "hey whats so great about her???"....

lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
oh yeah i forgot btw i think for the past 2 days despite all the bloopers jjkn is again becoming a little interesting....just cant wait for monday when armaan sees jassi............argh argh who wants weekends?????except tired hubbies ofcourse LOL
Jyoti_2006 IF-Dazzler
Jyoti_2006
Jyoti_2006

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jprasad

Originally posted by kshreya2002

I feel that logically thinking Jessica is no big supermodel. Rather her career is probably being propped up by Purab who is sponsoring everything. realistically speaking magazine covers and newspaper articles can be bought. many celebrities indulge in this for publicity. so i think jessica's case also its the same.

but other than the supermodel angle i feel the serial is okie dokie. i mean mona hasnt really got supermodel looks. why not project her as an upcoming model who can go places?

Good points Kshreya!!  I too agree that Jessica is quite pretty, but not supermodel pretty and because of Purab's generosity and clout, she is getting further ahead than she normally would have.  It would have been nice if she was brought about in the manner of an upcoming model.  That would have made sense, but alas we are not the directors.

Personally, I am looking forward to Jessica getting rid of her fake image and returning to the Jassi whom we once were fond of.  I don't mean that Jassi needs to return to her coke bottle glasses and grassy knoll that covered her forehead, but through her personality...simple yet ambitious, someone who we could once relate too. 

I don't care what she looked like before and what she looks like now as I am not so superficial.  It the person you are inside that is most important and that whole T&D doesn't seem to grasp that concept.  I don't even think her looks have made the show more successful, rather a little annoying and disgusting with the constant emphasis on her beauty.  I preferred watching Jassi climb the ladder of success through use of her mind at Gulmohour and it could have been any other company.  However, climbing up a ladder of fakery and that too she has not done independently is just plain stupid on T&D's part. 

If T&D had just kept Jassi consistent with her personality and actions her character wouldn't be villified as much, but apparently T&D don't get it.  Her character has been trashed and I really hope that once Jessica returns to Jassi, her character can be resurrected.

sorry for have babbled on for so long.  Embarrassed

Wow!! JP I agree with you cent percent...

queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
Very well said, lashforever and jp!!!!

My 2 cents:

No, JJKN is not getting boring. In fact, from a family drama it's become a thrillerEmbarrassed ... I feel more and more thrilled to see Armaan every time I see himEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
peaches Goldie
peaches
peaches

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 1:17pm | IP Logged

Hi All,

This show is far from boring. How can it be? Has anyone checkout the other shows on the forum? JJKN has so much to talk about because it's so exciting and interesting. There's always a new surprise or shock waiting to happen.

This show has introduced something that has never been seen before on India's small screen, the whole (exterior make over). I mean the fact of the matter is that it is a remake of a Spanish show, but even with the desi twists, it's still interesting to watch.

It's good wholesome family entertainment. Not to mention if it was boring, it would not have been on the air for so long. If I'm not mistaken it's still going strong.

If the show becomes "perfect for reality" and starts to depict the "norm", then it would become boring.  Who would want to watch the same Jassi liveing in a perfect home life, job, and love life?  What would make that a form of entertainment? The more plots and drama a show has, the more interesting it becomes, that's why we're so drawn to it.  

Please respond back to me and tell me if someone on this forum does not watch this show?  I would like to know?   

The good aspect of this show are all the characters. I have to say that I love the characters of Jassi's family, I just love their acting and the chemistry they have. I like the roles that Aryan and Malika play, I think they're very natural. The love triangle of Jessi, Purab, and Jessica. Lastly, the ultimate surprise that everyone is going to have when they find out who Jassi is.

I mean how could this be boring?

Just my thoughts....

OM

Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 1:51pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by peaches

Please respond back to me and tell me if someone on this forum does not watch this show?  I would like to know? 

I no longer watch the show due to lack of interest and due to exam pressure at the moment.

The reason I started watching the show in the first place was because it was realistic and I identified with Jassi's character. The humour was not slapstick, but natural.

My interest started waning partially after reading the BLF summaries (I find the plot stereotypical and hence boring), but I still watched because it was good time-pass. However, once the deviations started, all characters started behaving unrealistically, turning emotions on and off like a water-tap.

I like shows where there is a bit of drama and comedy and even an element which is unrealistic, but there should be some logic to the plot and characters. 

For example, Harry Potter is wholly enmeshed in fantasy, but it is still more realistic than JJKN in terms of characterization. It has drama, comedy, romance - EVERYTHING in the right proportion.

Everybody loves Raymond is another show which is faithful to its characters and overall plot. The high dramatics are obviously unrealistic, but they are utterly enjoyable.

I do not watch JJKN because I do not enjoy the show anymore and neither do I like or identify with Jassi's character. Neither Purab returning, nor Jassi's makeover made me tune in again.

I'm sorry, but I dont have selective amnesia and cant forget all those months spent on moving on to a different track and then abruptly changing back again. I found it fairly nonsensical and changed the channel.

But, that's just me. Smile

Jyoti_2006 IF-Dazzler
Jyoti_2006
Jyoti_2006

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 2:00pm | IP Logged

I have to say that all Hindi serials are interesting in the beginning, but when they try to drag it endlessly then they lose there touch and logic totally..

I used to like Astitva, YMLH but now I hate to watch them as they are a drag.

As for JJKN I only watch it for Armaan. Jessica and her revenge story doesnt make any sense...

peaches Goldie
peaches
peaches

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 2:07pm | IP Logged

Mystica,

Well that's good at least someone is true to their word and, choses not to watch it.  But how do u explain the people who watch the show every night., and pay attention to every detail of the showl of the show and then come back here and start complaing about it.  If the show was so boring, then how would you know so much about it to discuss it.  I'm not saying that's you, but it's begs the questions....what brings you to the forum?  Are you looking to take the time out to convince people that it's not worth watching the show? ....I mean please don't get me wrong, I'm don't wnat to come of sounding so rude. 

I just don't understand that.  I mean if something was boring to me, I wouldn't watch the program to begin with, nor take the time to convince someone else from watching it.  It would be so pointless.

I hope your not offensive...I'm just trying to undersand this point.  Againg..I'm sorry ...Please don't feel that i'm cause trouble and misunderstand my posting....I'm just trying to understnd the logic around this....that's all.  This is just a debate from my standpoint

Om.

Go to top