Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

X-rebel thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
There should be no reservations on the basis of caste as we have seen that 90% of the student who get into IITs & IIMs through reservations are unable to cope up with the studies, and the seats are wasted.
Instead the reservations should be on the basis of economic status of the students. But under any condition, the number of reserved seats should not extend 10% of the total seats.

The government is doing these things just because it wants the votes of the minority. It is a cheap trick.
syrene thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: X-rebel

There should be no reservations on the basis of caste as we have seen that 90% of the student who get into IITs & IIMs through reservations are unable to cope up with the studies, and the seats are wasted.
Instead the reservations should be on the basis of economic status of the students. But under any condition, the number of reserved seats should not extend 10% of the total seats.

The government is doing these things just because it wants the votes of the minority. It is a cheap trick.

exactly ....and what is the point of reserving half the seats in institutions of higher education when more than half the population in india are barely able to complete high school? why doesnt our "respectable" education minister show the same enthusiasm and fervour to see that at least basic education percolates down to grass roots level? why not bring our government schools upto scratch so that every child in a neighbourhood recieves the same quality of education and there is no need of reservation?
Dazlingflower thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

I am completely against any reservations, especially for the SC/ST or any other minorties based on religon in Private or Public sector.

I would favour scholarship grants for the economically weak. Those people who have the capablity but due to the high fees Institutions have they could benifit through scholarship. But getting a scholarship should only be on the basis of merit and not because of a religous affiliation.

It is highly unfair for the intelligent, deserving and the hardworking who would clear all exams and would have been given admission solely on the basis of merit.

I agree with you 100%. We don't need reservations to advance minority groups.  It does more damage that way. I like your idea of providing  with scholarships to help those who are unable to pay for their schooling. Don't advance the underserving ones over the deserving ones.