Posted: 18 years ago

"I will show 'Kyunki…'on cable if the channel decides to drop it"
- Ekta Kapoor

This is an achievement that will be etched in record books!

Star Plus' Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi has completed 1000 episodes, and the 1000th episode will be aired on 13 April.

The family!

The entire cast and crew of the serial shot for a special episode on Thursday to mark the beginning of a new journey for Balaji's most successful serial.

The stars of the show, who have now become household names, thanks to the serial,

Apara and Komolika: Happy times!

say that it was a wonderful experience to be part of Kyunki…

"If I could say it in one word, it would probably be, wow!" says Smriti 'Tulsi' Irani. "I have played characters across all ages in this show, and this in itself is incredible," she adds.

We asked the younger generation, what they thought about being part of Kyunki…, and they unanimously say that life on the sets of Kyunki…is a treat!

Reva Babbar, who plays Damini, says, "The whole unit is like a family and I am really having loads of fun being a part of this show."

This view was reiterated by most of the cast.

Ekta Kapoor with Shailja Kejriwal, Creative Director, Star

The story of the serial from 1000 episodes on will be as follows.

13 April will also see Nandini, aka Gauri Pradhan wake up from coma. Nandini, Tanya and Karan will live under the same roof for some time, until Tanya will decide to move out. Baa will die ten episodes before the leap. The serial which is poised on the brink of a 20 year leap, will see Tulsi leave the house once again. After the leap, another 'Tulsi' will enter the Virani household exactly the way the real Tusi had. This new 'Tulsi' will be played by a girl who will be selected through a nation wide hunt --- reality show style!
Quite a lineup, we say!

"If Star Plus ever decides to pull Kyunki…off air, then I will put it on cable television," says Ekta Kapoor, and perhaps these words best describe the feeling in the Kyunki…camp.

thnx a lot for the kunki....i guess it would be intresting after april 13 ..

thanks for the info😊! sounds pretty interseting though i can imagine the uncomfortableness between tanya karan and nandini...

sounds rele interesting..can hardly wait till April 13th...

but i dont wanna BAA to dieeeeee..shes my FAV!....😭

[[ but i guess they have to show it ,..since she wud way over 100 after teh 20 yr leap...]] but stillll😭

Thanks for info. It's sound great
great article.. i am excited to see all the changes and i am sad of some changes too.. But i guess all these wud keep the anticipation alive.. Thanxs for sharing it..
Thanks for sharing Shruti. Will be more action on kyunkii after Nandini wakes up..😛

wow, great article thnx shruti😊

So, the leap is about to happen...Looks interesting, but let us see...