Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

U kno U NV Me

U kno U NV Me

Posted: 13 April 2006 at 8:46am | IP Logged

This is not to raise any religious issues. I just want to get everyones feelings about this. I know most religions allow Burial vs Cremation, but apart from your religious beliefs how do you want your body handled after you pass away. What are your personal thoughts around it? Do you think that your body goes through any pain  or suffering  after you die?

I am sorry if this topic has been discussed before, after doing a research I didn't find this topic being discussed before.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Cremation versus Burial" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 13 April 2006 at 9:30am | IP Logged
Oh dear this topic has been discussed before and i just can't find it as well.

But members did not like this topic as cremation and burial is a religous belief. And there is no point debating on a topic that is belief based on religon.

The Hindus believe cremation is the only way to dispose of the body, and purify the soul as it leaves the body.

While Christians and Muslims believe in burial.

So its not exactly even a personal choice, but a choice dictated on the basis of which religon you follow.

sameer.84

IF-Sizzlerz

sameer.84

Posted: 13 April 2006 at 2:53pm | IP Logged
i'd prefer burial.

its good for the environment....no cutting of trees, no pollution!

MonicA#1Actress

Goldie

MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 13 April 2006 at 10:01pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

Oh dear this topic has been discussed before and i just can't find it as well.

But members did not like this topic as cremation and burial is a religous belief. And there is no point debating on a topic that is belief based on religon.

The Hindus believe cremation is the only way to dispose of the body, and purify the soul as it leaves the body.

While Christians and Muslims believe in burial.

So its not exactly even a personal choice, but a choice dictated on the basis of which religon you follow.

Hey Aparna, actually, the last sentence is not entirely true. I know some Hindus who have requested to be buried and Christians who prefered Cremation.

Religion does play an important part in determining what an individual wants done to his or her body after death, but they can change their minds, depending on what they want.

Eventually, the dying person is to make the decision.

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 14 April 2006 at 5:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MonicA#1Actress

Hey Aparna, actually, the last sentence is not entirely true. I know some Hindus who have requested to be buried and Christians who prefered Cremation.

Religion does play an important part in determining what an individual wants done to his or her body after death, but they can change their minds, depending on what they want.

Eventually, the dying person is to make the decision.

Monica i can be 100% sure those people are a handfull. The "exceptions to every single rule" exists in my theory. But they aren't significant in number to be counted.

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 14 April 2006 at 8:38am | IP Logged
i don't like the idea of using trees for burial.

catholics like hindus believes in cremation.

nowadays cremation doesn't mean cutting and burning trees and pollution. catholics use electric burial thing which cremates and then ashes are given in a urn and thrown.

now even hindus in different parts of india esp. kerala uses a new method of cremation. a body is burried and then it's covered with wet mud. then holes are made on it and fire thrown through the hole. once the body burns the smoke comes out of the hole and then the mud falls on it. no tree or pollution.

Artemisia

Channel Moderator

Artemisia

Posted: 14 April 2006 at 8:43am | IP Logged
yaar i think for most people this would depend on their religious belief for me i couldnt get a cremation even if i wanted since its against my religion

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 14 April 2006 at 3:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sam_84

i'd prefer burial.

its good for the environment....no cutting of trees, no pollution!

I think more important and deciding factor for your choice would be your religous belief right ? I mean if you were told use a crematorium and you won't have to worry about "enviorment issue". Would you do so ?????????

Infact you want have to worry about land issues with cremations!!

Because these days crematoriums are being used by Hindus. So the questions of whats "good for the enviorment" doesn't hold true any more.

Edited by Aparna_BD - 14 April 2006 at 4:15pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top