India-Forums

Tumhari Disha
Tumhari Disha

DK's parents

PriyaS Goldie
PriyaS
PriyaS

Posted: 07 April 2005 at 5:20am | IP Logged

I have been wondering about this for a while, I don't know if anyone has answered it before but:

Were Sumitra and Dhruv Seghal married?  Did he divorce her and marry Gargi?

I remember Gargi saying that Sumitra trapped Dhruv with her love and she (Gargoyle) lost her husband's love. Also that Dhruv was trapped with Gargi and wanted to be with Sumitra.  SO is our hottie an illegitimate child?

Culture Senior Member
Culture
Culture

Posted: 07 April 2005 at 5:44am | IP Logged

no they didnt marry. they loved each other but his family wanted him to marry Gargi and so sumitra asked him to fulfil the last wishes of his dying mum (i guess) and marry gargi. But he kept loving Sumitra and so Gargi said that

am i right people. i saw this in some episode.

nikkitherealist Goldie
nikkitherealist
nikkitherealist

Posted: 07 April 2005 at 5:55am | IP Logged
Absolutely right Culture.

Sumitra & Dhruv knew each other before Dhruv got married to Gargi to fulfil his mum's wish. I'm not very sure about this but I think they were engaged at one point - probably how DK came to be!

Anyway, Dhruv was leaving Gargi to be Sumitra before he died.
Kiran1977 Senior Member
Kiran1977
Kiran1977

Posted: 07 April 2005 at 6:07am | IP Logged

Hi Culture,

Yes you are right.

I also remember Dev (Disha's real father) telling DK that when bade shaab (Dhruv Seghal)  was alive he never let his wife get dishonoured in any way.  This was said when DK and Sanya were waiting in Kanaka house for Disha to get ready for the photoshoot.

Here is the part from the update:

"DK is waiting for Disha to join Sanya and him and leave for the shoot. Just then Dev comes and in a very mousy voice tells DK that what he is doing to Disha is a sin and that after all Disha is the Bahu of Sehgal Khandaan. Dk just keeps looking at Dev without any expression. Dev then says that DK is like his son and Disha is his wife, it is DK's duty to uphold Disha's honor and instead he is making a spectacle out of it. DK replies very cooly that he is very well aware that Disha is his wife and what transpires b/w them is entirely his concern. He says that he is noticing Dev's concern & attachment for Disha, he asks Dev very sarcastically that is Disha his daughter, that he is being so concerned. Dev feels very bad but still gathers guts and says that whenever he looks at Disha, he is reminded of DK's mother (at which DK's expression gets very emotional and nostalgic) and as long as the senior Mr. Sehgal was alive, he never let his wife's get dishonoured in any way (actually the line in hindi was "Jab tak Bade Malik zinda the, unhone kabhi bhi aapki Maa ke sar se unka aanchal bhi sarakne nahin diya). As soon as his father's name is mentioned, DK gets the same cold, anguished expression on his face and gives a tight slap to Dev and says in a very tight voice that he does not want to hear his father being mentioned in this house. Sanya who is standing nearby gets petrified at seeing DK temper and keeps standing where she is. Dev is humiliated and gets tears in his eyes, DK turns his back and closes his eyes shut tightly as if to avoid some bad memories."

So this indicates Druv and Sumitra were married.

Druv could have divorced Sumitra and married Gargi as his mother wished.

Kiran1977 Senior Member
Kiran1977
Kiran1977

Posted: 07 April 2005 at 6:13am | IP Logged

Wondering about this ....

Dev was working in Kanaka house. How did he know Sumitra if Druv and Sumitra did not get married?

I rekon that Druv's mom did not like Sumitra and didn't let her into the house.

There is no mention of Druv's father. Wonder why?

PriyaS Goldie
PriyaS
PriyaS

Posted: 07 April 2005 at 6:17am | IP Logged

Thanks guys for all your responses - much appreciated.

So it seems that Sumitra and Dhruv were married, had DK and then his mother suddenly got ill.  Maybe Dhruv was disowned for marrying her.

Gargi was probably a rich heiress his mother adored (I'm thinking his mum would have been a Stephanie Forrester type matriarch) and to fulfill his mother's dying wish, Dhruv married her.  They had Vedant, but Dhruv couldn't forget Sumitra and decided to leave Gargi.  

Then DK got injured, and Sumitra probably went to the house to get money from Dhruv.  Dhruv must have gone into a furious rage when he found out that Gargi was responsible and she must have killed him.  Sumitra witnessed everything, but Gargi blamed her and DK for Dhruv's death.  And thats why she's know mentally unbalanced.

Edited by PriyaS - 07 April 2005 at 6:24am
Nachos Senior Member
Nachos
Nachos

Posted: 07 April 2005 at 7:01am | IP Logged

I guess we just have to wait, untill Sumitra tells us what had actually happened that that day

Smile Nachos

AALIYAH786 Goldie
AALIYAH786
AALIYAH786

Posted: 07 April 2005 at 7:34am | IP Logged

Yes Culture, we only watched that episode on Monday here in South Africa.AngryAngryAngry

Yeah, seems as though Sumitra and Dhruv Seghal were married and he eventually married Gargi at Sumitra's requestAngry, looks like Dk is still upset at his dad for not visiting him for two months, not contacting them at all and maybe he thinks that his dad did not bother about him when he was in hospital.

This story is really mind boggling, lets wait for Sumitra Ma to tell the real story and kill Gargi to jail

Edited by AALIYAH786 - 07 April 2005 at 8:02am
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

I am happy to do Television as of now: Aksshat Gupta I am happy to do Television as of now: Aksshat Gupta  12

TellyBuzz in talks with actor Aksshat Gupta who finds his role of ...

Bobby Bhonsle returns with  'Koi Jaane Na' Bobby Bhonsle returns with 'Koi Jaane Na'  10

After the success of Kya Haadsa Kya Haqeekat, Bobby Bhonsle is up with ...

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index