Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai

Kaisa ye Angad hai!

chillyflakes thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Kaisa ye angad hai

As Balaji gears itself for another grand show Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai, Deebashree Mohanty chats up with Mohammad Iqbal to find out about his character Angad

Interview: Mohammad Iqbal

* How did you get your first break on the big screen?

My debut movie was Funtoosh and later came Bulllet. Both were low-budget movies and turned out to be major flops.

* Was it a conscious decision to shift to the small screen?

Yes. I was advised by well-wishers to shift to television. And then Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai happened.

*How did you get the role of Angad?

I got a surprise call from Sony and was asked to come for an audition. At first, I thought it was a prank. But later, I realised that it wasn't so and that my luck had run in.

*What excited you the most about Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai; its script or the banner?

Truly speaking, the banner got me really pumped up. Balaji, I think, rules the small screen and to get an opportunity to act for them was like a dream come true. The script was also quite novel but that was a secondary consideration.

* In a nutshell, how would you describe the character that you play in the serial?

In one word, Angad's a go-getter. He gives primary importance to ambition and is very brash. For Angad, love is a game.

* How well do you relate to your character?

Not at all. I am not even a bit like him. I am always clean shaven which he is not and I am not brash. Again, I don't know how to play the guitar but can sing quite well. Most importantly, I strongly believe in love unlike Angad.

* Were you comfortable acting with Neha?

She is a very hard working actress and sweats it out in all scenes. I had quite a bit to learn from her too.

* How is Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai different from other love story-based serials?

The show has been picturised in a very different backdrop. The serial begins with the female protagonist already in love with Angad. The entire love story is set in a musical background . Kaisa Ye.. is a classic love story.

* Are you willing to play an old man in case of a leap?

No way. I can't even dream of getting old. Thankfully, Ekta hasn't planned any leap for this one.

* You prefer the small screen or Bollywood?

If I get a substantial role in a great banner, I will opt for that. Otherwise, television is my home for the coming years. I would, on any given day, prefer to act in serials such as Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai to movies like Funtooosh and Bullet.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bunmaska thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

👏 Thanks for this info once again Chilly. Hmmmmmm a musical, classic Love Story....wow......can't wait to watch this one. After Ekta's Ejaz Khan hot dude this is another Hot Khan on the road to stardom......we will have to wait and watchhhhhhhhh 😳

Cheers

Lata

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Thanks for the interview. Iqbal seems to share one trait with Angad........intensity!
Mrs.Brett Lee thumbnail
thanks for the info chillyflakes. Edited by radz_2cool - 18 years ago
Culture thumbnail
hmmmmm. i feel this serial is going to do very well.
Culture thumbnail
THNX FOR THE INFO CHILLYFLAKES
saarahkhann thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

thanx for sharing

sweet_ak92 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

thankx alot chilly flakes....

gr8 interview....😃

sultanaluvsu thumbnail
Wow, thanks alot chilly! Uff its like a dream knowing about him and specially that he is khan boy. wow u made me more go in to my dream....lol. I am gonna get him.😛