Other Shows

Honeymoon over, Bhabhi back

Nankri IF-Rockerz
Nankri
Nankri

Posted: 06 April 2005 at 11:46pm | IP Logged
April 7, 2005

WEDDING BELLS: Exclusive pictures of Avneet Dhanowa and Dolly Sohi's wedding
Post a month's break for marriage Dolly Sohi, who plays the title role in the afternoon soap Bhabhi (Star Plus), is back in the studios.

Sohi resumed shooting for this UTV daily on April 3. "It's back to the grind now," she says. "Life has changed for me. Marriage makes you a new person. You look at things with a totally different perspective."

Sohi wed Canada-based NRI Avneet Dhanowa in hometown Amritsar on March 4.

While Sohi is in Mumbai shooting, her hubby is back at work in London where he is presently based. "It's like main yahan, tum wahan," she laughs. "Both of us are professionally committed at the moment. Don't ask me how many international calls go to and fro every day."

Not single anymore:
Dolly Sohi
And who does most of the calling? "It's him," she gushes. Sohi met Dhanowa, a software engineer based in Victoria (Canada), through a common friend, actress Preeti Sapru. "We got along very well and were engaged within a month and six months later we were married," she says.

About the wedding, she says, "Everything went off very well. It was a traditional affair. There was the chudha (bangle) ceremony, sangeet, mehndi and wedding, followed by the reception. 

I was glad that several of my co-stars and the director could make it to Amritsar." Adds Sohi, "We went to Mauritius for our honeymoon. Later, we flew to London as Avneet has lots of family there. We had a reception there too."

The small screen's bhabhi says she will continue acting as long as she can. "Ours will be a long-distance marriage. I am taking things as they come." She hopes to be with her hubby in London in July.

"I will be there for about 20 days. At present, he is in London and will be relocating to Victoria in July, that's when I hope to spend time with him."

Sohi has been acting in Bhabhi for two-and-a-half years. She earlier featured in the Balaji soap Kalash (Star Plus).

cutereems IF-Dazzler
cutereems
cutereems

Posted: 07 April 2005 at 7:49am | IP Logged

Thanx for info barbie.

But he is not good lookingConfused

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 4:20am | IP Logged

thanx 4 the interview...

i agree with u cute di...she could have done better!!! lol Wink