Amit Tandon aka Prithvi - Pic & Info!

chillyflakes Senior Member
chillyflakes
chillyflakes

Posted: 06 April 2005 at 11:31pm | IP Logged

Amit Tandon in Balaji's show on Sony?

(17 January 2005 5:00 pm)

BY VICKEY LALWANI

After Indian Idol-axed-candidate Rahul Saxena was made an offer to sing in a Farah Khan film, lady luck seems to be getting ready to smile on another Indian Idol-dropped candidate- Amit Tandon.

Tandon has been approached to play Prithvi in Ekta Kapoor's forthcoming Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai on Sony. The show will go on air from 25 January.

The guy has auditioned for the role. The production hiouse and the channel have approved of him. The formalities, however, remain to be worked out. No prizes for guessing that the channel put up the
offer.

Tandon was eliminated in the Gala for his song Mujhse Shaadi Karogi when Anu Malik had fired in his usual inimitable way, "You would be better off as an actor, Amit."

The show is a love story between Angad, Kripa and Prithvi. Newcomer Neha will play Kripa. The search for Angad- the long-haired, slightly stubbled, macho guy- is still on. Maya Alagh will play Angad's mother.

Tandon will play Neha's childhood friend who loves her to the core but cannot express his feelings.

Nankri IF-Rockerz
Nankri
Nankri

Posted: 06 April 2005 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing....Prithvi looks cute than Angad..Kripa should be with him and not AngadDead
.....Lata..... IF-Dazzler
.....Lata.....
.....Lata.....

Posted: 07 April 2005 at 12:35am | IP Logged

ClapThanks Chilly. I remember Amit was the first indian idol candidate's whose audition was shown. and he came out putting both his thumbs up and had real style. and he and that Priyanka made a nice pair when they were teamed in pairs. but later he told that priyanka's parents did not like it when in the round he lifted her in his arms when they enacted kuch Kuch Hota Hain song........and he told all of us that he spoke to Priyanka's parents and told him that there was nothing to it and that they should treat him like her brother......ha ha.....then immediately he bit his tongue and told no no not brother but as a friend......Wink. I burst out laughing when I saw this and that was the time we were leaving to India for a holiday. My husband got really irritated when I kept telling him about the episode on the way to the airport........Embarrassed....ha ha.......

Anyways hope you'll don't get bored reading this. just wanted to share this info.

Cheers

Lata

chillyflakes Senior Member
chillyflakes
chillyflakes

Posted: 07 April 2005 at 12:54am | IP Logged

Thats a very funny incident that you have recounted Lata LOL Amit seems to be pretty chilled out and endearing in real life too, so I guess he will really spice up KYPH once he comes in the picture as the character of Prithvi looks very close to Amit in real life (amit and prithvi are both singers, for one! and coincidentally even Iqbal sings very well!)

I read about Amit somewhere that he had been settled in the US for some years and that he was the only Indian Idol Contestant who belonged to an Upper Class background as compared with the others who were mostly Middle-class or lower-middle class. Infact if I remember the article clearly, it said that Amit was the only dude amongst the others!

Whatever the case, I am dying to see the Promos of Prithvi and yes also waiting for Angad to appear and utter something! (I hope Angad and Kripa keep tripping on each other, it was such a cute, little scene!)

Chilly!

.....Lata..... IF-Dazzler
.....Lata.....
.....Lata.....

Posted: 07 April 2005 at 1:05am | IP Logged

Tongue thanks Chilly. Yeah Amit is a cool dude no doubt but Iqbal is Hot Wink. And hope he lives upto our expectations. I mean both of them acting wise and hope to see sparks flying b/w Kripa and Angad......Big smile

CheersLOL

Lata

PS: I just loved Indian Idols btw everything about it and nothing to beat its success in recent times. Thats just my opinion

TheBlackJaguar IF-Stunnerz
TheBlackJaguar
TheBlackJaguar

Posted: 07 April 2005 at 1:37am | IP Logged
i still vote for Kripa-Angad......something very explosive about this pair.Prithvi n Kripa will be cute BUT BORING. Angad n Kripa have got ZING!
Culture Senior Member
Culture
Culture

Posted: 07 April 2005 at 2:31am | IP Logged
i dont like AmIT i like ANgaD, he's a real cool dude.... i really think they shud get along ... in real life too ... WinkWink
TheBlackJaguar IF-Stunnerz
TheBlackJaguar
TheBlackJaguar

Posted: 07 April 2005 at 4:28am | IP Logged
Bingo! Culture.

Go to top