Devon ke Dev Mahadev

WHy ws Lord Bramha cursed by Lord Shiva?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

snehalS

Goldie

snehalS

Posted: 24 December 2011 at 5:48am | IP Logged
Hello there, I am Snehal, this is my first post here...

OK, I always wondered why we dont have lord Brahma temples...now I know that he ws cursed by Lord Shiva...but can anybody tell me why?

and if any body knows the meaning of following sanskrit shlok...please tell me

Shivkant Shambho Shashankardh Maule
Maheshan Shulin Jatajut Dharin
Twameko Jagat Vyapako Vishwaroop
Prasid Prasid Prabho Purnaroop

SnehalBig smile

Edited by snehalS - 24 December 2011 at 5:48am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

metallicazhimanshuvij03Amor.sankalp_prapti-Khush-PN_luvs_Arjun...PARiNA...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "WHy ws Lord Bramha cursed by Lord Shiva?" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

...PARiNA...

IF-Rockerz

...PARiNA...

Posted: 24 December 2011 at 5:56am | IP Logged
for Doubts post ur queries here ... \|/ : Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva : \|/    Why Shiva cursed brahma ji ? is already being discussed there

1) Lord Brahma created lord Kaamdev and blessed him that he can cupid any person with his power and can wake up a will in him for Kaam. Now lord Kaamdev thought to test that power blessed by Lord Brahma. He shot his arrow on Lord Brahma to test his blessing. So as the blessing of Lord Brahma was true, he got attracted for a lady, who was in relation to his daughter.

Everyone got worried and atlast Lord Shiv came in between both them,regenerated and brought back Lord Bramha's conscience and cursed Lord Bramha and announced that no one in this world will be allowed have physical relations with females who are like their daughter,sister,mother or a higher social relation,any one till the end of this world,committing such crime will be punished who ever it might be,So Lord Bramha,I curse you that you will not be worshiped due to the crime which you were going to do with a lady who is like your daughter.

So this is one of the reason that why there is no temple of Lord Brahma and why he is not prayed by human beings.

2) According to a story in the Shiva Purana (dedicated to Lord Shiva), at the beginning of time in Cosmos, Vishnu and Brahma approached a huge Shiva linga and set out to find its beginning and end. Vishnu was appointed to seek the end and Brahma the beginning. Taking the form of a boar, Vishnu began digging downwards into the earth, while Brahma took the form of a swan and began flying upwards. However, neither could find His appointed destination. Vishnu, satisfied, came up to Shiva and bowed down to him as a swarupa of Brahman. Brahma did not give up so easily. As He was going up, he saw a ketaki flower, dear to Shiva. His ego forced him to ask the flower to bear false witness about Brahma's discovery of Shiva's beginning. When Brahma told his tale, Shiva, the all-knowing, was angered by the former's ego. Shiva thus cursed him that no being in the three worlds will worship him.

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

thatisallmetallicazloges89skamanissanjanamiley cyrusSun-Lovehp18Amor.snehalSPN_luvs_Arjunprncz111192rainurubaleternity_of_luvasdpsanmol.Vrish.-Priti11-shaliMithiBaniYusBeeshanti05

YusBee

IF-Sizzlerz

YusBee

Posted: 24 December 2011 at 9:59am | IP Logged
There is only one temple for Brahma at Pushkar as much as I know.
Thanks parina,that was informative :)

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

skamaniAmor.sankalp_praptisnehalSPN_luvs_Arjunprncz...PARiNA...rainurubaleternity_of_luv

sankalp_prapti

Coolbie

sankalp_prapti

Posted: 24 December 2011 at 10:02am | IP Logged
Wow that was enlightening info Pari di

Thank you so much for sharing

I heard another Myth about it..can i share>?

Edited by Killer_Shark - 24 December 2011 at 10:05am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

snehalSprnczshali

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 24 December 2011 at 10:37am | IP Logged

There is one more incident, once Brahmaji was performing a yagya, he was supposed to sit with his wife Savitri, who got late due to some reason. Brhmaji married Gayatri & started performing the yagya. When Savitri reached there seing him with Gayatri, she cursed Brhmaji, that he will not be worshipped. Later she was calmed down by Shree. But then Savitri left Brhmaji & went for tapa.

So there are 2 stories about Brhmaji  not getting worshipped.
Even at Pushkar, Brhmaji & Gayatri's idle is there in the temple. Savitri's temple is seperate.

Edited by mnx12 - 24 December 2011 at 11:28am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

neetukAmor.snehalSveil_of_rosesPN_luvs_Arjunrainurubalprncz...PARiNA...asdpsanmol

...PARiNA...

IF-Rockerz

...PARiNA...

Posted: 24 December 2011 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
sure sia!

Thanks ! Minakshi right? Yup i too hd read this story but dint mentioned as in this Shiva dint cursed Brahmaji
I hd read one more story About brahmaji being cursed ... i will hunt again n post.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Amor.snehalSmnx12prnczrainurubal

...PARiNA...

IF-Rockerz

...PARiNA...

Posted: 24 December 2011 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
the temple one in pushkar is very old n popular one

According to wiki there are more temples situated @ tamil nadu, kerela, goa n maharashtra. As ppl dont want to be deprived of Brahma ji blessings

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

neetukAmor.snehalSmnx12prnczrainurubal

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 25 December 2011 at 12:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ...PARiNA...

sure sia!

Thanks ! Minakshi right? Yup i too hd read this story but dint mentioned as in this Shiva dint cursed Brahmaji
I hd read one more story About brahmaji being cursed ... i will hunt again n post.

Parina, that's rightSmile Even I didn't mention it, because we were discussing about, Daksha's haterate towards Shivji. So Shivji's involvement was important. This is the story at the beginning of evolution, so may be Shivji's curse happened first, then Savitri's curse come.I'll wait for one more story. 

Edited by mnx12 - 25 December 2011 at 1:31am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

snehalSprnczrainurubal

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.