"I had no money. I did jobs"

Anoli thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

"I had no money. I did jobs"

He has done films, ad films and music videos. But wasn't noticed until he boarded the Ekta Kapoor bandwagon. Sapana Patil spoke to Mohammad Iqbal Khan aka Angad of Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai.

How was life before 'Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai'?
I had no money and I did not want to take it from my parents. I did jobs.

Mohammad Khan: The boy and his bike!

How did the first film Funtoosh happen?
I was working in a production house that was making AgniPankh. They offered me a role in Funtoosh. Then I acted in Bullet and did ads for ICICI and Fun Republic.

You weren't noticed in your earlier ventures. What are your expectations from Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai?
I have no expectations. My duty is to work. I am doing my job.

Is acting your passion or just a profession?
It is my profession. I make my living out of it. It is also my passion.

If you weren't an actor, what would you be?
I can't think of anything other than acting. I am not the one who can do studies (laughs).

What is your academic background?
I am a college dropout. I left college halfway to go to Switzerland to do a music video called Kuch Dil Ne Kaha with Raima Sen.

Do you like to be seen on TV or on the big screen?
I like to act. The medium used to reach people, does not matter. Television is big these days. Look at the Kahaani people. They get mobbed wherever they go.

Has your fan following increased?
I don't know. I have been shooting 25 hours out of 24 hours. I have absolutely no time.

Pic by Sapana Patil

Posted on 5 April 2005
1:00 pm

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anonmember thumbnail
Thanks for the interview.  I like Iqbal's honesty. He seems really focused on what his job as an actor is. No fussy or make-believe dream stories! Good interview! Has anyone seen his music video kuch dil na kaha? How is it??
Nankri thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
He looks like a college dropout..Not so keen in studies..😆
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Well Barbie, Iqbal is just a beginner. Anyway, even Bill Gates was a college dropout.destiny has its ways.