Page 1 of 9

Page 1
Page   of 9
Page 2 Page 9

MonicA#1Actress

Goldie

MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 10 April 2006 at 6:24pm | IP Logged

Personally, I found it so annoying when someone talks lyke dis or lyke dat or finks everyone will understand dem.

Our parents didn't send us to school to learn to type like this. I know this is the internet, but I still feel annoyed when someone talks like this. I feel like I am chatting with a person who isn't above the age of 4. This may be the internet, but it is a bad habit, and sometimes it is impossible to understand.

What are your views?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Do you talk lyke dis?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

eijaz_anita4eva

eijaz_anita4eva

Posted: 10 April 2006 at 6:30pm | IP Logged
actually its true parents didn't send their childrens 2 learn that kind of language but its the nowadays slang and i must admit i do use all the time.
i can't say its stupid when use it myself!
its the new generation talk
and trust me there is alot 2 come!

MonicA#1Actress

Goldie

MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 10 April 2006 at 6:41pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by eijaz_anita4eva

actually its true parents didn't send their childrens 2 learn that kind of language but its the nowadays slang and i must admit i do use all the time.
i can't say its stupid when use it myself!
its the new generation talk
and trust me there is alot 2 come!

But it isn't right, what if our generation forget to talk normally, and if you go to a job interview and type and write like this, I am sorru but you can kiss that job goodbye.

Learn to type and write thr right way to develop into a habit.

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 10 April 2006 at 6:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MonicA#1Actress

But it isn't right, what if our generation forget to talk normally, and if you go to a job interview and type and write like this, I am sorru but you can kiss that job goodbye.

Heres' a standing ovation for you .

O.k this sort of a slang was not used by my genre as computers and text messages were only available to the rich in the 80's and early 90's . So my genre grew up writing good normal english . Its the tean these days that write in this strange slang.

Personally my feelings , i simply have no respect for any one's post written in slang , using weird strange short forms . I won't even read it carefully !!

MonicA#1Actress

Goldie

MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 10 April 2006 at 7:06pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

Originally posted by MonicA#1Actress

Heres' a standing ovation for you .

O.k this sort of a slang was not used by my genre as computers and text messages were only available to the rich in the 80's and early 90's . So my genre grew up writing good normal english . Its the tean these days that write in this strange slang.

Personally my feelings , i simply have no respect for any one's post written in slang , using weird strange short forms . I won't even read it carefully !!

I agree with you.

I have just turned 18, and I live in the U.S, and yet I still find slang so annoying. I also don't bother reading or deciphering slang because it is a waste of time and makes me feel I am conversing with a small child who hasn't learned how to spell. And I agree with you here too, I don't respect posts written in slang.

usachick821

Goldie

usachick821

Posted: 10 April 2006 at 7:09pm | IP Logged
um, yea i agree if someone writes in slang all the time then their writing is really hard to understand, like some of the updaters who write completely in slang so i have to spend an hour trying to figure out what their actually trying to say

MonicA#1Actress

Goldie

MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 10 April 2006 at 7:17pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by usachick821

um, yea i agree if someone writes in slang all the time then their writing is really hard to understand, like some of the updaters who write completely in slang so i have to spend an hour trying to figure out what their actually trying to say

Exactly!

I cannot read the some of the uodates whatsoever.!Ouch

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 10 April 2006 at 7:43pm | IP Logged
Embarrassed

ummmm...ahhhh....uhhh.... Embarrassed

well Aparna di u do read wat i rite and u do respond 2 it and u claim 2 have no respect 4 ppl hu type like me? Cry

guys are my posts really impossible 2 decipher? Embarrassed

Edited by ~PaKi*PrInCeZ~ - 10 April 2006 at 7:44pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top