Page   of 5
Page 5 Page 5

zoya786uk

zoya786uk

Posted: 11 April 2006 at 3:09pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

Originally posted by sowmyaa

Originally posted by SolidSnake

Agar yeh sab (cast, religion, class etc) matter karne lage that means it is not love.

c'mon I don't agree to your statement. So cast, religion, class etc. matter karne lage so its not love? If parents are against cast and love marriage why blame lovers and say its not love? If lovers get seperated 'coz parents say no that does not mean they didn't loved each other? Confused

Well Soumya i think solid snake means that the love was not strong enough o withstand parental pressure . And in a way he is right that how true is that love that parents can break you up !!!!

no guy 4 me iz worth losing my family in da end mst guys frm ere r playas

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "does cast matter in love? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ashley1

ashley1

Posted: 20 April 2006 at 3:08pm | IP Logged
I hate all these CAST & LAST NAME restrictions in a person's marriage. Oh my God....don't even ask me...its totally discouraging & sad & just shamefull that the people of today, including my people are still living in 1947m, where marriages happen with last names & within 2 persons. I am totally against it. If the religion is same, I would not care of anything else like the cast. But who is gonna listen to poor me. I am facing sooooo many problems because of this STUPID CASTE thing. Angry

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 20 April 2006 at 3:51pm | IP Logged
The caste system was good enough in ancient times for division of labour. But, nowadays, its no longer relevant.

Caste simply divides people within a religion itself. It is not worth it. However, we can't change people with antiquated ways of thinking unless we have the courage and strength to persevere against their ideas. So the kind of love between two people is also important. Can it stand upto society, is the big question.

Heena_259

Groupbie

Heena_259

Posted: 20 April 2006 at 5:14pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by T.

The caste system was good enough in ancient times for division of labour. But, nowadays, its no longer relevant.

Caste simply divides people within a religion itself. It is not worth it. However, we can't change people with antiquated ways of thinking unless we have the courage and strength to persevere against their ideas. So the kind of love between two people is also important. Can it stand upto society, is the big question.

wow well said...the cast system seems like its not longer relevant today..but it still plays a major role in some parts of India..such as Gujarat

Munise

Goldie

Munise

Posted: 20 April 2006 at 6:46pm | IP Logged
By cast what do you mean? Smile

If you're talking in terms of religion then some religions have certain obligations which must to followed for two people to get married, therefore that may pose a problem.

If you're talking about sects like Raja/Sheikhs etc then I think cast doesnt matter. I know two people from different sects (mughal and Sheikh) who want to get married but the girls parents are objecting, because the marriage will be 'out of family!' I find that ridiculous- why should one only be allowed to marry ones own family relation or person from same sect?? Angry It all about what everyone else will say!! Why cant people see that if two people love each then they should be allowed to marry!!

When it comes to different culture it can pose to be a problem. Eg, if a Gujarati married a Punjabi, even though the couple were in love and happy the relation with the family may differ. I totally believe the saying that you marry the family aswell as the guy Tongue

Its complex but I reckon its because of the oldies of todays society that many people that I know who have fallen in love are being forced to marry someone else, cos there lover is from a different sect. Its upsetting because it them marriages are doomed to fail, and are only caused by emotional blackmail from parents telling their kids its all about family honour etc Ouch

Munise

Goldie

Munise

Posted: 20 April 2006 at 6:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zoya786uk

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

Originally posted by sowmyaa

Originally posted by SolidSnake

Agar yeh sab (cast, religion, class etc) matter karne lage that means it is not love.

c'mon I don't agree to your statement. So cast, religion, class etc. matter karne lage so its not love? If parents are against cast and love marriage why blame lovers and say its not love? If lovers get seperated 'coz parents say no that does not mean they didn't loved each other? Confused

Well Soumya i think solid snake means that the love was not strong enough o withstand parental pressure . And in a way he is right that how true is that love that parents can break you up !!!!

no guy 4 me iz worth losing my family in da end mst guys frm ere r playas

but just say that you met the guy who you loved uncondiontally and who loved you back more!! what would you do then?? would it be right for you to marry someone else, when the only person on your mind was the guy you loved??

I think family and culture suckOuch I dont know why, but it seems like some families that I know manipulate religion and use as an aid when they have no idea what they're on about. Even I dont want too lose my family, but shouldn't your family be happy for youOuch(im thinking about my mateOuch)

wildblossom

IF-Rockerz

wildblossom

IF-Crazy Creatives

Posted: 20 April 2006 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
actually the caste system long ago was not like it is today- there was no disrespect for people in different casts. they were because of what they did- not birth. secondly, people were needed to do all things so there was not prejudice against those doing lowly jobs. in the AD times the prejudices began. and it became more birth wise. i do not think this should make a difference. secondly, religion should not either- i mean i am hindu and my two closest friends are muslim. we freely talk about each other's religions and respect each other- that is why we are friends. as to love- you cant help who you love- love does not recongnize race, color, religion, etc. if you love, then you respect so there should be no problem. if i were to love a muslim, i would not ask them to convert- first of all because if they did it would be because of me, not because they believe in the religion and that has not worth in it.

wildchild

Goldie

wildchild

Posted: 22 April 2006 at 5:42am | IP Logged
i itnk u cnt help who u fall in luv wid, but i do tink cast matters becuase it is hrd goin out wid sum1 40m diff castes becuase it hard 2 mix both castes together like da tradition n all dat type of ting if dat makes sense

Post Reply New Post

Go to top