Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pradarshak thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

Nope it doesn't . Cast doesn't make a big difference if you love some one . But issues can occur only in cases where
a)One person asks the other person to give up his religon and convert.
b) The lover shows any kind of disrespect towards the other persons religon OR does not allow him/ her to practise her traditions freely.

As long as you respect each others religon you will not have an issue.

Good points.😊

It should not matter as long as they respect each other, not trying to belittle or impose one's beliefs. Society(majority) will always speak against them.

SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sowmyaa

so let's say they go ahead and don't listen to their parents. If their parents say if you want to marry that girl/boy you leave us...so then they leave their parents ..do does this also mean that they don't love thier parents?

No, that means their parents don't love them. 😉

zoya786uk thumbnail

Originally posted by: SolidSnake

No, that means their parents don't love them. 😉

Its hard ennit u cant leave ur parents but den u love dis guy so much but u cant ave both and da gal get scared on taking a decition u gotta be practical man if she leaves hme wid her guy dey wudnt survive u cant jst say we have love and that is enough

Aparna_BD thumbnail

Originally posted by: sowmyaa

c'mon I don't agree to your statement. So cast, religion, class etc. matter karne lage so its not love? If parents are against cast and love marriage why blame lovers and say its not love? If lovers get seperated 'coz parents say no that does not mean they didn't loved each other? 😕

Well Soumya i think solid snake means that the love was not strong enough o withstand parental pressure . And in a way he is right that how true is that love that parents can break you up !!!!
zoya786uk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

Well Soumya i think solid snake means that the love was not strong enough o withstand parental pressure . And in a way he is right that how true is that love that parents can break you up !!!!

no guy 4 me iz worth losing my family in da end mst guys frm ere r playas

ashley1 thumbnail
I hate all these CAST & LAST NAME restrictions in a person's marriage. Oh my God....don't even ask me...its totally discouraging & sad & just shamefull that the people of today, including my people are still living in 1947m, where marriages happen with last names & within 2 persons. I am totally against it. If the religion is same, I would not care of anything else like the cast. But who is gonna listen to poor me. I am facing sooooo many problems because of this STUPID CASTE thing. 😡
Morgoth thumbnail
The caste system was good enough in ancient times for division of labour. But, nowadays, its no longer relevant.

Caste simply divides people within a religion itself. It is not worth it. However, we can't change people with antiquated ways of thinking unless we have the courage and strength to persevere against their ideas. So the kind of love between two people is also important. Can it stand upto society, is the big question.
Heena_259 thumbnail

Originally posted by: T.

The caste system was good enough in ancient times for division of labour. But, nowadays, its no longer relevant.

Caste simply divides people within a religion itself. It is not worth it. However, we can't change people with antiquated ways of thinking unless we have the courage and strength to persevere against their ideas. So the kind of love between two people is also important. Can it stand upto society, is the big question.

wow well said...the cast system seems like its not longer relevant today..but it still plays a major role in some parts of India..such as Gujarat

Munise thumbnail
By cast what do you mean? 😊

If you're talking in terms of religion then some religions have certain obligations which must to followed for two people to get married, therefore that may pose a problem.

If you're talking about sects like Raja/Sheikhs etc then I think cast doesnt matter. I know two people from different sects (mughal and Sheikh) who want to get married but the girls parents are objecting, because the marriage will be 'out of family!' I find that ridiculous- why should one only be allowed to marry ones own family relation or person from same sect?? 😡 It all about what everyone else will say!! Why cant people see that if two people love each then they should be allowed to marry!!

When it comes to different culture it can pose to be a problem. Eg, if a Gujarati married a Punjabi, even though the couple were in love and happy the relation with the family may differ. I totally believe the saying that you marry the family aswell as the guy 😛

Its complex but I reckon its because of the oldies of todays society that many people that I know who have fallen in love are being forced to marry someone else, cos there lover is from a different sect. Its upsetting because it them marriages are doomed to fail, and are only caused by emotional blackmail from parents telling their kids its all about family honour etc
Munise thumbnail

Originally posted by: zoya786uk

no guy 4 me iz worth losing my family in da end mst guys frm ere r playas

but just say that you met the guy who you loved uncondiontally and who loved you back more!! what would you do then?? would it be right for you to marry someone else, when the only person on your mind was the guy you loved??

I think family and culture suck I dont know why, but it seems like some families that I know manipulate religion and use as an aid when they have no idea what they're on about. Even I dont want too lose my family, but shouldn't your family be happy for you(im thinking about my mate)