Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Your favorite mythological shows...other than DKD?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 7:52am | IP Logged

Other than Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, what are some favorite mythological shows for the members in this forum? By mythological shows, I am not referring to historical ones, so please leave out shows like PRC, Chandragupta, etc.

I haven't seen Devon Ke Dev Mahadev yet, but hearing all the good reviews I feel eager to see it. Perhaps this weekend I will catch up on the episodes.

My favorite mythological shows are:

Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan (old Ramayan)
Ramanand Sagar's Shri Krishna (old Krishan serial)
Anand Sagar's Ramayan (new Ramayan)

I also like BR Chopra's Mahabharat, but the Sagar shows are more my favorites.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

snehalSiMadzani_gr

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Your favorite mythological shows...other than DKD?" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Nymphadora-

IF-Veteran Member

-Nymphadora-

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 7:55am | IP Logged
i used to love watching shri krishna the old one when i was younger...
even the old ramayan...
so much so that somehow i cant digest the latest versions!

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 8:01am | IP Logged
^^ Even I love the old ones a lot! I can watch them over and over without ever feeling bored. There is so much to be learned from them, and every single actor was so well chosen, even the minor characters like the palace servants!

Yeah, it's really hard to digest the new ones sometimes, especially since they deviate from the storyline a lot, but out of all the new ones so far, I really like the new Ramayan as it seems most close to what the old ones showed. It too had a lot of deviations in places, but the main storyline was well shown and the lead actors were great, as well as the family structure. In fact, it was the leads that got me addicted to it, as well as Ravindra Jain's music which I sorely missed.

-Nymphadora-

IF-Veteran Member

-Nymphadora-

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 8:36am | IP Logged
deviations take place in mytho shows...its basically the directors/scriptwriters interpretation of the story line...
another show used to come about a devi,on star plus...but i cant remeber its name!

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 9:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruti.nil

deviations take place in mytho shows...its basically the directors/scriptwriters interpretation of the story line...
another show used to come about a devi,on star plus...but i cant remeber its name!

That's true. We also cannot expect a mytho show to have zero deviations, because in the actual scriptures, very little is written about family interactions, daily practices, etc, so the directors have to try their best in making the show interesting to viewers while at the same time keeping the genuiness and devinity in the storyline. Also, the actual scriptures have almost no dialogue written expect during the major scenes, so directors have to write their own dialogues and yet keep the characterizations of the characters accurate. We criticize them very easily, but directing a mytho show cannot be easy.

The small deviations I have no problem with, as well as the light, happy family scenes that are interspersed in-between, but the major deviations that change the characterization of the characters is what I have a problem with. Not only the new mythos, even some of the old mythos have them. The only old mytho that doesn't have such deviations from what I saw was the old Ramayan. It followed Tulsidas's Ramcharitmanas like 95% of the time and used Valmiki Ramayan the other 5%. The liberties it did take were those light family scenes in which everyone joked around and had fun, but every mytho has those and there's nothing wrong with them.

But for the most part, I can ignore even the big deviations if the major storyline is good, because I just love mytho shows so much and I love to see them over and over again. Some of the new versions really taught me a lot because they showed stories that the old mythos did not show, and the portrayal of some of the characters, especially the women, was also good because it showed them strong yet virtuous, a quality many women today do not have.

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 9:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruti.nil

It was Ma Shakti, was comparitivly ok.

Pratamesh

IF-Dazzler

Pratamesh

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 10:00am | IP Logged
Hanuman,old Ramayan i used to watch

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 11:46am | IP Logged
Did anyone here watch BRC's Vishnu Puraan? I'm watching it right now and it's pretty good, but the settings of Vaikunta and Kailash are a bit different from what I'm used to.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.