Originally posted by shruti.nil
deviations take place in mytho shows...its basically the directors/scriptwriters interpretation of the story line...
another show used to come about a devi,on star plus...but i cant remeber its name!
That's true. We also cannot expect a mytho show to have zero deviations, because in the actual scriptures, very little is written about family interactions, daily practices, etc, so the directors have to try their best in making the show interesting to viewers while at the same time keeping the genuiness and devinity in the storyline. Also, the actual scriptures have almost no dialogue written expect during the major scenes, so directors have to write their own dialogues and yet keep the characterizations of the characters accurate. We criticize them very easily, but directing a mytho show cannot be easy.
The small deviations I have no problem with, as well as the light, happy family scenes that are interspersed in-between, but the major deviations that change the characterization of the characters is what I have a problem with. Not only the new mythos, even some of the old mythos have them. The only old mytho that doesn't have such deviations from what I saw was the old Ramayan. It followed Tulsidas's Ramcharitmanas like 95% of the time and used Valmiki Ramayan the other 5%. The liberties it did take were those light family scenes in which everyone joked around and had fun, but every mytho has those and there's nothing wrong with them.
But for the most part, I can ignore even the big deviations if the major storyline is good, because I just love mytho shows so much and I love to see them over and over again. Some of the new versions really taught me a lot because they showed stories that the old mythos did not show, and the portrayal of some of the characters, especially the women, was also good because it showed them strong yet virtuous, a quality many women today do not have.