Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: ucompleteme

Yeah, where is she?  Hope all is well. 

I hope so too...

Would be posting an update soon.

Part 11: One simple touch

There was no struggle when he abruptly tricked her - in getting her to sit this intimately with him - except that he saw her scrunch herself, like she was drawing her whole body inward, resisting the duress of awareness that might take over her senses. But she didn't run away this time as he'd foreseen it. For once he was glad to be proven wrong by her. And the tickle of gaiety dissolved the next moment when he felt her body slowly settle against his own. 

Her knees drew close and his chin over her jaw felt the bated breath that convulsed her neck from refusing to let it out in anything that wouldn't carry a reposing finesse. The silence around them caved in bringing about a fragility, requiring a delicateness to maneuver the confusing instant. In a vague urging sense to calm her down, his thumb caressed unknowingly over her hand and as if she was a web of reactions her body gave out a traversing shiver which bore her down against the wall of his chest by another decimeter. 

He was no longer certain he'd done it to ease their awkwardness. For without his knowing he was dissolving against the feel of her skin, her hair that slickly slid over his jaw, the helpless cocooning of her fingers within the cradle of his hands - which whispered a secret covenant despite her unrest. What was so exquisite about a woman's touch? He couldn't fully face the comprehension of why deeply sating it was to be refutably desired after being forsaken only a short while ago. 

It appeared to him as if he was steering the eye of a tempest that could go any which way, vesting in him an intoxicating mass of power to tease the tensility of their hold. However, her troubled self wasn't any encouragement when she was far from being directed on that stirring course as he was on. In all honesty, it hadn't been on his mind to have her sit between his legs. But it was her words that had done it; her apprehension, her slight shake of her hand, as though he'd sensed her repulsion to the act was also sign enough of a dark pull towards the same. 

In an attempt to alleviate her fears - only to be failed by his weighty touch and take help of paltry words - he spoke in a gruff whisper, "Its ok...I'm not going to kiss you..." 

If anything, he evoked a reaction so opposite to the one he intended, that he couldn't help but let go of her and lean back against the window. That same instant, she quickly got up and scooted over to the far corner and there wasn't perhaps another second in his life that would trade places for the embarrassment he felt now. He wished he hadn't done it to end up feeling like a low life and suddenly it seemed nothing short of forcing himself on a lone, vulnerable woman. 

He closed his eyes, after catching glimpse of her holding her temple; the pads of her fingers pressing against her skin, as if she was trying to keep her head in place that was spinning from having gotten off a merry-go-round. 

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to..." Before his apology could turn into a full blown grey cloud of mortification that descended on them, she cut in. His eyes flickered open. 

"No...it's not you...I need..." She grunted, not clearly hinting at what she was annoyed about. 

"Can we just talk?...I don't think we should discuss this, and give it more credit than it deserves" Her eyes fell to the ground, while she shook her head, quelling the remains of something he couldn't read there. 

So, she was giving it credit, he was oddly convinced, in spite of her words and that brought a knowing smile on his face. 

She looked up, this time with a reluctant smile pushing on her lips. "Or we could give this a rest and meet, if all willing, back in San Francisco" 

He didn't respond, except raised his hand to his mouth, slightly rubbing his jaw in anticipation of what other options she would go for if he kept up his silence. He liked to think it was his regret that kept him from talking, but he wasn't anywhere near from being beaten down by his conscience after seeing that smile of hers. 

"Yeah!...I think that sounds about right..." She nodded, as though he'd spoken in agreement, when in truth, she hoped he wouldn't suggest alternatives. 

"Give me your number. I will call you whenever it is I think we are ready to meet" With a sly smile, she looked away. 

"No...give me your number" He countered, "If I'm going to let you decide, I believe that the day would never come" 

"You will just have to trust me Maan..." And her eyes gleamed with a hidden assurance as if she'd already peaked into the mysterious crypt that was the future.

Shortly after latching the two pieces of her phone together, she keyed in his mobile number and left without giving her number in return. A mild thrill from their arrangement, the nerve tingling wait that was about to start, encouraged him not to follow her back to the coach. There was still a long night that needed dispelling before they could embark in SF. Just as he was about to think of ways to get past the dispiriting last 10 minutes, his cell phone beeped. A message from a blocked number read, "And you shall be rewarded right for not pushing me past my zone...Care to join me for Dinner tonight at 6.30? Let's meet at the dining car then." 

Tilting his head back to rest against the glass, he smirked. The directness of her instructions; her sudden efforts to take this into her hands; her strange desire to continue hinging herself onto him, wasn't all lost on him; including his inane need to comply and play by her rules. What was more startling was his realization that despair in life could be wiped off with something as simple as a touch.

Dinner it was going to be, but it was amusing to him, that he'd already begun hoping there was more than just dinner...

He found himself looking at his hand then...and discerned he could totally get used to the feel of her hand against the inside of his palms.

Edited by 6thElement - 12 years ago

Originally posted by: 6thelement

his realization that despair in life could be wiped off with something as simple as a touch.

I loved it.  This line is so true, no matter what the despair is.  She is not the same person who boarded the train a few hours ago.  Dinner at 6:30 it is and a promise of more meetings.  I like how she took decisions in this update.

Thanks for the update Hasini.  I am debating whether to bug you about anything else right now, but aaj nahi. 
Edited by ucompleteme - 12 years ago
Ramhari thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Interesting progress made.
A simple touch can create magic.
Geet taking control of things was too good.
He was the one who invited her for a meal together first and she was so reluctant.
She seems to be totally ready now to share her time with him.
Looks like this is going to be one long journey even after reaching SFO.
Waiting for their dinner
Continue soon

Originally posted by: ucompleteme

She is not the same person who boarded the train a few hours ago.

Thanks for the update Hasini.  I am debating whether to bug you about anything else right now, but aaj nahi.

Ah! you seem to have caught onto my hint...But really our battles are far more meaningful when we fight it ourselves.

If you are talking about NMT...Then you don't have to. I will be writing one this evening (I can promise this, but I can't about the part to post it)

Thank you :)

Originally posted by: Ramhari

Looks like this is going to be one long journey even after reaching SFO.
Waiting for their dinner

I think its time to get off the train don't you think? πŸ˜† I'm already feeling sleepy from all the rocking that train journey comes with.

What say?

Thanks for your thoughts Hima :)
charlie1950 thumbnail
Sometimes the simplest of touch 
Leaves a lingering memory not to 
fade ever but the desire to have more 
Of it will it come true or will it remain a 
Dream unfullfilled
Amoureux thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Interesting.. 

I guess both just needed the sense of direction here and once they got that they were fast enough to make their moves πŸ˜Š

Continue Soon Hasini πŸ˜Š
Ramhari thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: 6thElement

I think its time to get off the train don't you think? πŸ˜† I'm already feeling sleepy from all the rocking that train journey comes with.

What say?

Thanks for your thoughts Hima :)

Not at all
I hope it goes on and on and on.
u feeling sleepy already.
i was thinking i gave u naughty ideas last time i commented
Please dont say thanks Hasini
we should thank u a million
for taking time and writing.
Hope ur enjoying the wet weather
looking forward to NMT next update

Originally posted by: Ramhari

Not at all
I hope it goes on and on and on.
u feeling sleepy already.
i was thinking i gave u naughty ideas last time i commented
Please dont say thanks Hasini
we should thank u a million
for taking time and writing.
Hope ur enjoying the wet weather
looking forward to NMT next update

😊

Somehow those thoughts have evaporated...

Just because, you want to be on the train...I will write up one more scene in the train and then we are getting off.

Yeah! tell me about the rain gurl!. Its depressing...