Suggestions / Comments

Ranking System Queries-Post Here ONLY see pg9 - Page 7

-Nafisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

A removal of Buzz points only is not what we petitioned and campaigned for and what we set out to get in the first place.

If only Buzz points are removed, that means we are in the same position before going through all that we have done. To clarify, our suggestion was for Tellybuzz articles to be removed from the ranking system, remember in my first response to  Vijay, when he mentioned 7% weighting of Buzz, what I told him (read here https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/2528668?pn=9).

I will reiterate, Tellybuzz affect not only Buzz points, Unique Visitors Views (View points), Rating Points, Comments when they are tagged people go to the forum increasing the Unique Views again, then if it's a celebrity TB, they go to the fan pages, Comments, join Fan clubs (both parameters again in ranking), all these parameters are linked to Tellybuzz and we want all the effects of the Tellybuzz article affecting the rest of the parameters removed, that is what our petition and campaign was about, not only Buzz points. 

If we accept only Buzz points removed and not the rest of the effects of Tellybuzz and start campaigning now for more articles from the channels why did we do that fight in the above paragraph, no reason, it was a useless effort, so we need all of that above to happen.

What we suggested should all happen, it's harder as as a software developer (all the code will have to rewritten for the ranking system) but we can wait for this change, as it will give us the fairer system we want, because we know channels are promoting more the other shows (newer shows with low TRP) as a result they will still have more tellybuzz articles, and if not all the effects are removed, they will still be at an advantage to other shows, so in my mind that is not a fair deal or a fair ranking system.

It doesn't have to be an immediate change, when I campaigned and made queries I asked the date of the change, not now it can be in 6 months, we will wait for the ranking system code to be rewritten. We will come of strike now, but we must have confirmation and assurance that all we want we will be given to us, before sign off of this deal, we must have that confirmation that when the code is rewritten the whole effect of Tellybuzz articles is removed.

Edited by Nafisa_blossoms - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ocean.Clouds thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Nafisa_blossoms

One more thing about fighting with channels, if we go to them now and ask them to promote Saath Nibhana Saathiya, we really pressurise them, by constantly bombarding them with messages, they will do it for a short period, just like what happened previously, they will promote SNS for say a month when the TRP is assured again (as DABH is closing in on SNS), where there is a gap again, they will stop promoting SNS, now consider what is going to happen at India Forums, we will have lots of Tellybuzz articles, then when the promotion stops, again the tellybuzz drops for our show and we in the same position we are in now...we pressurise the channels again, they will ignore us, as they is a gap in TRP between SNS at number 1 and DABH at number 2, bad business sense to promote something that is doing well in viewership...we will have to wait until SNS and DABH are close again before we pressurise them once more, meanwhile what happens to the India Forums ranking? That's right it will go down, so guys the only logical solution is to remove Tellybuzz in the ranking system!!!

What you have said is the absolute truth! 
this is what happening 
Ocean.Clouds thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Aahaana

TRPs are based on 6000 meter box so it doesn't cover up the entire population as we have millions of viewers so it does not reflect real viewership. Further more only rating from citizen living in India counts for TRP's. I-F is trying to include Indians living aboard including Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka's into this as well.

what i didn't understand is this, if I-F is trying? to include the ratings by users living abroad means 
it's not counting the ratings or votes from the users lives abroad at the moment? 
-Nafisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
In last week ranking, the Saath Nibhana Saathiya CM Serial rating was announced at 8th place, then it was changed to 7th place (the week before we were 6th place). 

first it showed 8(-2) and now 7 (-7) 

its showing 425 points before it was 499

Additionally:

Please check the front page the rankings are showing last week's rankings not this week

Noticed for Saath Nibhana Saathiya it shows it ranked 6th and not 7th. 

Possible bug in the system.

Edited by Nafisa_blossoms - 12 years ago
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: Abiya07

what i didn't understand is this, if I-F is trying? to include the ratings by users living abroad means 
it's not counting the ratings or votes from the users lives abroad at the moment? 

Hey,

ratings counts for everyone here. What I meant was IF ranking includes ranks from viewers abroad too:)