Book Talk

The WiKed Worms!Open Book Discussion-CH2 updt@p1 (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 5

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 5
Page 5 Page 5

-Srushti-

Viewbie

-Srushti-

Posted: 27 December 2011 at 5:16am | IP Logged
Hi Shaz and NazEmbarrassed..Welcome to the thread...I am sorry for this late reply..am trying to get through all the posts and wondering what to sayLOL

about putting more chapters...Shalu was apprehensive about one chappie also...She thought it was TOO long...but do tell me whatever changes are needed...if all agree.. I will put it in the first postEmbarrassed

Edited by -Srushti- - 27 December 2011 at 5:17am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

angelirebellisharneil92kiran_trudecent

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The WiKed Worms!Open Book Discussion-CH2 updt@p1 (Page 4)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

angelirebelli

IF-Dazzler

angelirebelli

Posted: 27 December 2011 at 5:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Srushti-

Hi Shaz and NazEmbarrassed..Welcome to the thread...I am sorry for this late reply..am trying to get through all the posts and wondering what to sayLOL

about putting more chapters...Shalu was apprehensive about one chappie also...She thought it was TOO long...but do tell me whatever changes are needed...if all agree.. I will put it in the first postEmbarrassed

Hey Srushti.. Thank you for a warm welcome and also for opening the thread...Wink

I am okay with anything so long as others agree, two chapters sounds decent since they aren't very long. Smile

-Srushti-sharneil92kiran_trudecent

angelirebelli

IF-Dazzler

angelirebelli

Posted: 27 December 2011 at 5:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Srushti-

Originally posted by angelirebelli

Originally posted by sharneil92

I prefer Mathew MacFadyen as Darcy. Colin Firth is not so drool-worthy as him! Day Dreaming

I agree Colin Firth being peculiar n hasn't got the looks but Mathew Macfayden ended up looking more confused than arrogant as Darcy !! 

P.S. - please don't take it any other way, in my defense, I am a huge PnP 1995 fan... Embarrassed

Angel...even I agree with you...Even though I know my PFC (Shalu) will have my hide for thisLOL...But Matt's character was very much washdown...And even Keira was shown as if she laughed unduly moreLOL...Lizzy was too intelligent and a bit dignified to laugh at every instanceLOL...the only Part i love more in the 2005 version is the last part..with some awesome cinematography...I love the modified dialogues which oozed chemistry 'I am bewitched Body and SoulEmbarrassed'...more livelier than the 1995 version..which was a bit tame??? otherwise Colin was AWESOME and PERFECT as Darcy as anone can be...I ahve all the 6 parts downloaded on my PC..and they play time to timeEmbarrassed

You know, I agree Keira laughed too much, which made her look really silly and she didn't look intelligent or witty like Lizzie should have been.. holding her ground against Darcy and the works... MF was an absolute let down.. Ouch

I loved the scene wherein they show Darcy trailing the park for Lizzy to catch a glimpse of her, which wasn't in the 1995 version, but apart from that they tried too hard to make it romantic.. 

The beauty of PnP lies in it being subtle not cheesy...Having said that the scene where Lizzie n Darcy are walking n trying to gauge each others feelings definitely left us wanting in the 1995 version..Embarrassed

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Srushti-sharneil92minizzkiran_trudecent

-Srushti-

Viewbie

-Srushti-

Posted: 27 December 2011 at 8:01am | IP Logged
Ch.2 updated guys...We can finish both of the chapters by the end of this week...what say??Embarrassed after that we will again deal with 2 chapters at a time as decided Big smile

angelirebellisharneil92minizzkiran_trudecent

sharneil92

IF-Dazzler

sharneil92

Posted: 27 December 2011 at 11:05am | IP Logged
YES YES YES! bring on the next chappies!

and...

ahem ahem.

i see, i have been pushed to the side here by the huge Colin Firth Fan Brigade. i see where this is going. 

sigh. to be honest, NONE of the versions can ever match up to the images i have of the characters in my brain! Embarrassed THEY will be perfect forevermore! LOL

-Srushti-angelirebelliminizzkiran_trudecent

sharneil92

IF-Dazzler

sharneil92

Posted: 27 December 2011 at 11:07am | IP Logged
RES CHAPPIE 2!

ooo.. this is one of the FUNNIEST chappies ever! i remember by heart what happened, but i'll come back with a bigger update! 

hasta lavista! 

-Srushti-angelirebellikiran_trudecent

angelirebelli

IF-Dazzler

angelirebelli

Posted: 29 December 2011 at 3:49am | IP Logged
Res.

**Edited

Mr. Bennet is in his elements in this chapter. He mocks Mrs. B openly and his contempt shows. Mrs. B is silly as usual and doesn't understand that she being mocked at. 

He ridicules her in front of his children and and the poor woman is idolizing him. He is rather careless in his approach and shows no respect whatsoever to his wife. She on the other hand is very changeable, sulking one minute and excited the very next. 

Final Comments - Mr. B regards Mrs. B as nonsensical and mocks her and her state of being (nerves et al). I think he main motive behind him eventually visiting Netherfield Park is because he cannot avoid being acquainted with Mr. Bingley, given that they have limited gentility and were bound to run into each other at some point or another. He didn't do for Mrs. B. 

Edited by angelirebelli - 04 January 2012 at 7:42am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sharneil92minizz

Yash141

Goldie

Yash141

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 3:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sharneil92

I prefer Mathew MacFadyen as Darcy. Colin Firth is not so drool-worthy as him! Day Dreaming

I'm with Shalu in this... Mat Macfadyen is sooo drool-worthy...Day Dreaming Btw, we are the drooling gang nah.. So, who or what makes us drool more is the best Wink

But, I have my own image for Mr.Darcy since the day i read PnP for the first time... Embarrassed Apart from that Mat is the best for me... Colin Firth is undoubtedly the best actor...but he's more of the Berty type... 
Mat is the Darcy type...

Anyways, this is the book thread nah... So my apologies for jumping in with the movie comment as my first... 

SrushuuuStar Star Star

That is the star quality of my Mishti's work... CheersClap

-Srushti-sharneil92minizz

Post Reply New Post

Go to top