monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 08 April 2006 at 3:09pm | IP Logged

Manasi Verma to play wannabe model

Actress Manasi Verma returns to TV with Twinkle Beauty Parlour

Kunal M Shah

Manasi Verma

After playing the domesticated Monalika in Kahani Ghar Ghai Ki and a tough cop Tejani in CID, actress Manasi Verma will be seen in a completely different look. She will play a glamorous wannabe model in Twinkle Beauty Parlour.

"For all those who were wondering where I have been, I was not taking a break but was waiting for the right kind of a role to come my way," says Manasi. "I was getting offers but there were more like 'gharelu' sari-clad roles. I did a cameo in Darna Mana Hai recently but apart from that nothing substantial came my way, till I learnt about Shristhi Arya's serial Twinkle Beauty Parlour. I called her and was pleasantly surprised to discover that she had intended to get in touch with me anyway."

Manasi is looking forward to doing this role where she plays Sameera, a model who after failing to make it big in Mumbai goes back to Delhi. "This role is different from what I have done earlier. I play a glamorous character where I wear designer clothes. It's nice to experiment with different characters," says Manasi.

Manasi has also recently auditioned for Yash-Raj Films' Shimit Amin-directed new film. "I was called for the audition and made to play hockey. I am very hopeful of getting the role," she says.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Manasi Verma to play wannabe model" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 08 April 2006 at 4:57pm | IP Logged
kool...thanks for sharing! Wink

princess1

IF-Rockerz

princess1

Posted: 08 April 2006 at 5:43pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing

aish2

IF-Sizzlerz