India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Does girls go for bad guys.... (Page 5)

queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 07 April 2005 at 4:54am | IP Logged
Devil_drivers, I have no idea what you look like, and I don't know about your husband-to-be.... but you are definitely more Mauna Loa than Mona Lisa!!!!Clap!!!!!!

pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 07 April 2005 at 9:23am | IP Logged

i guess i did not get my point through jp, jassidevi, minnie  and all other. being wild is not a bad thing nor is being simpleton, however we need to look further than the appearances and also how it works with your dreams and personality. i see everyone quoting an example where things worked out...but for every single example that worked out against odd...i can quote 10 others that did not work out.the bottom line is that you need to be careful and think long term when making a commitment. also love does not triumph all and emotions are finicky....this is a bitter fact(the older you grow , more you realise this)

as for you devildriver....someday you will end up with someone who will be right for you(you may start with love or not).

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 07 April 2005 at 10:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pj04

i guess i did not get my point through jp, jassidevi, minnie  and all other. being wild is not a bad thing nor is being simpleton, however we need to look further than the appearances and also how it works with your dreams and personality. i see everyone quoting an example where things worked out...but for every single example that worked out against odd...i can quote 10 others that did not work out.the bottom line is that you need to be careful and think long term when making a commitment. also love does not triumph all and emotions are finicky....this is a bitter fact(the older you grow , more you realise this)

as for you devildriver....someday you will end up with someone who will be right for you(you may start with love or not).

Puja,it is not about whether it worked out or not.It is about getting an opportunity to exercise that choice. It's true that whatever we are is what we choose. Whether what we choose is right or wrong is based largely on luck and the determination to work at something with both being equally important. I have seen girls who are lucky in love and they take pride in saying that if the guy was otherwise they would not have choosen him. I say that when we do fall in love,we seldom wait to find out whether he is right or wrong. It is after we fall that we find that out.  These girls are lucky because their choice did not turn out to be a deceit ,say six months down the line !! I am lucky in love because my husband did not turn out to be a cad six months after I got married to him. Unfortunately I have seen a large chunk of those unlucky ones as well.  My cousin's marriage would not have worked out if she had not really worked at it. She chose it and she is living it out and when today everything is settled,she has come out to be the winner.

My personal view is that arranged marriages are always more successful than emotion based love marriages. However the question here is not that. The question is whether it is right to fall in love with the wrong guy. My pov is,do we really get to choose whom we do fall in love with ?????

The second point is,when we do fall in love,then what?? My best friend chose to break up at her parent's insistence, married  a guy of their choice who was a very nice  and yet was divorced 5 years later. Why and whereforth is immaterial. Today she has a kid and is single and wonders what it would have been like if she had stuck to her choice. Maybe she would have failed but then the choice would have been her's and sometimes it makes me think she definitely would have tried harder to save a marriage of her own choice. There are girls who stick to their decision because they made it in the frist place and there are others who don't think twice before dumping the person and moving on. That is when the matter of choice comes in. I think while falling in love cannot be controlled,the decision to stick to it can be. Having said that, I don't think we can ever predict that all the carefully weighed decisions will ultimately turn out to be right.

In context of Jassi, I do think she decided to move on. That she is unable to stop loving Armaan does show the depth of her emotions. I think I respect her more for it because it would have been so easy for anyone to go for a greener pasture and that in case is Purab.  Jassi can be everything we blame her for, but fickle and opportunistic she is not. She is human and has many failings but this is where I can still relate to her.

Jyoti_2006 IF-Dazzler
Jyoti_2006
Jyoti_2006

Posted: 07 April 2005 at 10:27am | IP Logged

Wow Devil... That was great... I am sure the guy you will  marry is going to be real lucky...

I think marriages love or arranged are a matter of luck or its kind of a gamble. I have seen both arranged or love marriages fall apart in real life.

I think I am lucky I was able to marry the person I fell in love with and can say that it was not a bad choice at all. And I personally cant imagine myself if my marriage was arranged. I dont have anything against arranged marriages but I dont know I cannot imagine getting married and spending my life with someone who I know for a very short time.

Just a personal opinion and not intended to hurt anybody's feelings..

jprasad IF-Rockerz
jprasad
jprasad

Posted: 07 April 2005 at 10:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Minnie

Originally posted by pj04

Puja,it is not about whether it worked out or not.It is about getting an opportunity to exercise that choice. It's true that whatever we are is what we choose. Whether what we choose is right or wrong is based largely on luck and the determination to work at something with both being equally important. I have seen girls who are lucky in love and they take pride in saying that if the guy was otherwise they would not have choosen him. I say that when we do fall in love,we seldom wait to find out whether he is right or wrong. It is after we fall that we find that out.  These girls are lucky because their choice did not turn out to be a deceit ,say six months down the line !! I am lucky in love because my husband did not turn out to be a cad six months after I got married to him. Unfortunately I have seen a large chunk of those unlucky ones as well.  My cousin's marriage would not have worked out if she had not really worked at it. She chose it and she is living it out and when today everything is settled,she has come out to be the winner.

My personal view is that arranged marriages are always more successful than emotion based love marriages. However the question here is not that. The question is whether it is right to fall in love with the wrong guy. My pov is,do we really get to choose whom we do fall in love with ?????

The second point is,when we do fall in love,then what?? My best friend chose to break up at her parent's insistence, married  a guy of their choice who was a very nice  and yet was divorced 5 years later. Why and whereforth is immaterial. Today she has a kid and is single and wonders what it would have been like if she had stuck to her choice. Maybe she would have failed but then the choice would have been her's and sometimes it makes me think she definitely would have tried harder to save a marriage of her own choice. There are girls who stick to their decision because they made it in the frist place and there are others who don't think twice before dumping the person and moving on. That is when the matter of choice comes in. I think while falling in love cannot be controlled,the decision to stick to it can be. Having said that, I don't think we can ever predict that all the carefully weighed decisions will ultimately turn out to be right.

In context of Jassi, I do think she decided to move on. That she is unable to stop loving Armaan does show the depth of her emotions. I think I respect her more for it because it would have been so easy for anyone to go for a greener pasture and that in case is Purab.  Jassi can be everything we blame her for, but fickle and opportunistic she is not. She is human and has many failings but this is where I can still relate to her.

wow, Minnie!  Clap  That was a beautiful!
anitha.b IF-Dazzler
anitha.b
anitha.b

Posted: 07 April 2005 at 10:42am | IP Logged
Minnie, I agree with you. Falling in love not knowing about the person is different. Because you really don't know that person and love is unrestricted and sometimes it is hard not to fall for that person. But at the outset when you fall for a person not knowing about him..is totally a physical attraction.

Falling in love in spite of knowing all the shortcoming, in spite of knowing that person has a multiple identity syndrome, in spite of knowing that person is a wrench and will not stand up for you, in spite of knowing that he/she is not competent of reciprocating that love back to you….what would you call that?
I think we are talking the same thing but are not able to correspond the right idea across.

I think we have seen excellent and dreadful examples of each case and what I personally do not agree is the idea of "Taming the beast". Why do people think they can transform someone and fall in love with that person? Love is pure when you do not anticipate back in return. Why do people fall in love expecting that person to change for you? Can we change for the beast? Can we forfeit our self-respect for the beast, then I would acknowledge that is love. But it is one sided and if you are lucky the beast may realize your importance and change for your sake and that is when you are successful and if not beast may continue to be worse and shatter you into chunks.

jprasad IF-Rockerz
jprasad
jprasad

Posted: 07 April 2005 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Minnie, Smisha, Puja, Devil_Drivers...hmmmm.... yeah..... uhhhhh..... hmmmm.... well.... (jprasad thinking)....but....uhhhhh.... see.....oh gosh

Clap
lakshmi_maruthi Goldie
lakshmi_maruthi
lakshmi_maruthi

Posted: 07 April 2005 at 10:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Minnie

Minnie, I guess the point also is how mature are you to make that decision.. But if you have taken the responsibility to make that decision then stick to it.. Sorry if I sound rude.. but in your frind's case, it was her decision to dump her lover and go with her parents choice.. It was her decision to not work harder.. We always can think what might have been but alas, as they say " even a fool is wiser after the incident"..

As for love, I really feel it is a highly over-rated emotion..I attribute this to our history and movies glorifying it..  People say it happens but I don't think it is totally out of your control.. it is entirely up to 2 individuals and how they deal with a suitation..

Hey devil, I am sure there is someone just right for you waiting somewhere.. as they say, couples are made in heaven.. .

wait but you are going to hell.. well, I am sure there is a deamon waiting for you.. Wink, just kidding..

Edited by lakshmi_maruthi - 07 April 2005 at 10:54am

Go to top