Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ (Page 93)

OtakuGirl-Debo IF-Sizzlerz
OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 07 May 2014 at 2:06am | IP Logged

Playing Krishna wasn't a challenge for me: Saurabh Raj Jain

Confident about his craft, TV actor Saurabh Raaj Jain, who plays Lord Krishna in mythological drama Mahabharat, says he didn't find the role challenging because he was focused and didn't get distracted by comparisons.

Tuesday, May 06, 2014 | 3:56:24 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |  Comments 3 Comments  |  341 Views

Confident about his craft, TV actor Saurabh Raaj Jain, who plays Lord Krishna in mythological drama Mahabharat, says he didn't find the role challenging because he was focused and didn't get distracted by comparisons.

"People were fixated to certain characters they played. What matters to me is the role I am given and how convincingly I portray the character on the screen. I don't think about being compared to the actors who portrayed Krishna before. Playing Krishna was not a challenge," Saurabh told on the sets of the show.

Decked up in heavy jewellery and yellow colored costume, the tall actor sat down for the group interview on the Hastinapur Darbar set after giving a shot with his co-star Pooja Sharma (Draupadi).

Although the sets are erected near the beach here, it was quite hot and the actor quenched his thirst before he started fielding questions.

The 32-year-old said that the new "Mahabharat" is different from the one directed by BR Chopra 20 years ago in which Nitish Bhardwaj had played Krishna.

"It was a different time and age. The technology is much more advanced now with cutting edge computer graphics. The scripts are also more detailed. Our team has made an effort to tell the story in a different manner," he said.

This is the third time Saurabh is seen in a mythological drama, following his role as Vishnu in "Jai Shri Krishna" and Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev.

Talking about his character, he said: "The element that describes Krishna best is water. Just like water everything about Krishna is calm and serene... Whatever he says has a rhythm to it. This was something I had to work on. While, I got into the practice of talking like Krishna after a certain period of time and also perfected the gestures and movements with practice."

Why a mythological show?

"Why not? I have done fictional shows in the past. When the character is well written and has substance, it does not matter whether the show is fictional or not," said the actor seen in shows like Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka and Uttaran.

He is not afraid of being stereotyped.

"There is no stereotyping now. It used to happen years ago when there weren't many channels and people would get stereotyped in one particular look. Nowadays, we have a lot of channels and hence a lot of opportunities for everyone to broaden their horizons."

Saurabh along with his co-stars shoots in the humid climate fully loaded with costume, jewellery and sometimes weapons. Although they dress up in an air-conditioned room, they have to shoot in the hot and humid weather.

But weather conditions have not taken a toll on the actor.

"It's very hot here in Umargaon, but this is part of work. Our job is to entertain our viewers and we enjoy doing it. We have shot a sequence where the war is about to begin but Krishna is making efforts to stop the war and approaches the Kauravs and Pandaavs with a peace proposal," said the actor.

He is contented with the audience's response.

"People are liking my work and have appreciated it. They love getting photographs clicked with 'Krishna'."

Asked about his craft, Saurabh said he attended actor-director Rajat Kapoor's workshops to hone his acting skills and even read a lot of books.

"Rajat Kapoor had conducted workshops, which I had attended whenever I had the time. I also read a lot of books by different authors with different interpretations and points of view like 'Palaces Of Illusion', 'Jaya' and 'Difficulty Of Being Good'."

When asked about his bonding with co-stars, the actor said, "We are all united like a family. It is our second home."

Of course, there is a spiritual side to his personality.

"I do not worship any one deity in particular. I don't know whether I am religious/spiritual or not but I know I'm somewhere connected to god," said Saurabh.

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 09 May 2014 at 2:45am | IP Logged

Baal Veer beats Mahadev for four weeks consecutively

SAB TV's popular show Baal Veer succeeds in gaining more numbers than Life OK's longest running show Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev.

Thursday, May 08, 2014 | 5:21:17 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright:   |  Comments 28 Comments  |  957 Views

SAB TV's popular super-hero kids show Baal Veerentertains kids and takes them into magical trips to fairyland.

Besides succeeding Mahadev (Life OK) for the last four weeks, the time spent per viewer for Baal Veer has also increased consistently. In terms of time spent per viewer, Baal Veer stands No. 3 in its 8pm slot behindBalika Vadhu (No.2) and Jodha Akbar (No.1) in the current week.

Being popular among the younger audience segment, currently, Baal Veer is at No. 2 in its 8pm segment in kids' genre. It continues to gain traction amongst the adult male and female audience sections in the last few weeks, making it a wholesome family entertainer in all aspects.

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 15 May 2014 at 5:33am | IP Logged

Shirtless Men on TV!

Take this exciting quiz to choose your favorite shirtless actor.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 | 4:08:16 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: india-forums.com/tellybuzz  |  Comments 35 Comments  |  735 Views

Our TV actors act well, dress well and also look well. But what if they go beyond than the expected and look super-hot in their avatar? We like actors who are smart, talented and good looking and we tend to like those actors as well who look terrific in their shirtless avatar. Here are we featuring few actors in their shirtless look...

Barun Sobti - The handsome hunk who always looks smart on TV has surely made females go crazy behind him through his shirtless scene in his show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?The way Barun Sobti has maintained his body is really commendable. His six pack abs and body structure is totally sultry and fascinating.

Karan Singh Grover - One thing which appeals the most for girls while watching Karan is his body and the intrinsic tattoo. The dashing actor who was last seen in Zee TV's Qubool Hai, has made the audiences go crazy not only for his looks but also for his acting skills as he has portrayed variety of roles in shows.

Gautam Rode - One of the most good looking actor Gautam Rode looks quite hot and dynamic when he flaunts his body on screen. Popular actor, who is seen in Star Plus'Saraswatichandra, just looks superb with his six pack abs and perfectly toned body.

Mohit Raina - The very bright and sensational actor Mohit Raina who is seen as Mahadev inLife OK's mythological series Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev, the audience is not only awe struck by his portrayal of the character but also like him a lot especially when he shows his body on screen. His physique is the one thing which attracts a lot to his fans.

Gurmeet Choudhary - Smart and dashing Gurmeet Choudhary who has won million hearts of the audience through his character of Maan Singh Khurana in Star One's Geet Hui Sabse Parayi, looks stunning when he is shirtless on screen. Many young fans especially girls are attracted to see his body and muscles.

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 22 May 2014 at 3:09am | IP Logged

Mahadev to fight against Lord Krishna!

Monday, May 19, 2014

Mahadev to fight against Lord Krishna!

The drama in 'Devon Ka Dev...Mahadev' is getting better each day! Latest reports suggest that the makers of the show have another interesting scene lined up for viewers. Apparently, in this particular sequence, Lord Krishna, whose role is being essayed by Saurabh Raaj Jain, will get involved in an intense fight with Mohit Raina, who plays the role of Mahadev.

The recent plot of the show revolves around how Mahadev gifts Banasur a protection against the Gods who pose harm to him. Banasur, in return takes it to his advantage and materialises his wicked plans against the Gods. The interesting factor of the show arises when Lord Krishna enters this situation. 
How will Banasur be killed?

Apparently, the upcoming episodes of the show 'Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev' will feature an intense Mahayudh; where the Gods will fight against each another. In this sequence, Lord Krishna will try to kill the evil Banasur. But as promised by Mahadev, he will come to Banasur's rescue. 

That's when the two Gods of Indian mythology will be seen fighting against each other!

The fight will continue with Lord Krishna having Balram, Annirudha and a host of soldiers along his side against Mahadev, Ganesh, Kartikey , Lord Brahma  and other great sages from the planetary system.

This sounds interesting! But, who will win the great battle?

To find out stay tuned to 'Devon Ka Dev...Mahadev' every Monday-Friday at 8pm only on Life OK.

http://www.lifeok.com/news/mahadev-to-fight-against-lord-krishna/7765

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 23 May 2014 at 5:46am | IP Logged

Mohit Sharma enters Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev

Mohit Sharma, who has earlier been a part of episodics in different shows and Bollywood movies, will now mark his entry in Life OK's epic mythology show DKDM (Triangle Film Company).

The talented actor will essay the role of Vasuki, the king of serpents/Nagdevta, famously seen around Shiva's neck.

The upcoming track will present an interesting story where the entire town will witness Usha's marriage with Banasur (Vikramjeet Virk). Here, Vasuki would also want to witness the wedding and hence Mahadev (Mohit Raina) would give him the niche of being around his neck.

While watching the duo get married, Usha's brothers, Ganesh and Kartikey (Rushiraj Pawar) will get emotional for their sister.

It will be this time when Vasuki will wish he had a sister but Narad (Shailesh Dattar) would mull over the issue asking how will he take care of her?

From Rival Site..

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 29 May 2014 at 2:16am | IP Logged

Kratika Sengar to be seen as Mansa Devi in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev!

Pretty and good looking Kratika Sengar will be seen playing Mansa Devi in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 | 6:53:45 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: india-forums.com/tellybuzz  |  Comments 99 Comments  |  5518 Views

Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev a popular mythological show of Life OK has been constantly grabbing the eyeballs of the loyal audiences with its various stories and many actors are roped in to play devoted characters. While the show has progressed by the leaps and bounds so not the story will highlight the character of Mansa Devi which is being portrayed by Kratika Sengar.  

Kratika has been loved for her performance in the shows like Ek Veer Stree ki Kahaani Jhansi Ki Rani and  Punar Vivah, this time too she is all set to win the hearts of the audiences with her acting skills in the popular mythological showDevon Ke Dev. Mahadev. She will essay the role of Mans Devi who is the daughter of Mahadev (Mohit Raina). 

When contacted Kratika Sengar she says excitedly, "I am happy to do Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev as I feel the role of Mansa Devi is interesting and the main purpose to agree for this role was I will be shooting for a short span and it will get over within a month."

She further says, "I have been receiving many offers for new shows as main and prominent lead in shows as well. I was offered an important and big role in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev but I denied it because I won't be able to give time for long period  as I will be busy with my wedding plans. So I agreed for this character as I felt the story is powerful. I will have a new and different experience in the show."

Mansa Devi is a Hindu goddess of snakes who is worshipped for the prevention and cure of
snakebite. So in the show we will get to see her myths changing from negative to positive. 

So it will be interesting to see Kratika portraying the Mansa Devi in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev. We wish her good luck for the role.

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 29 May 2014 at 2:19am | IP Logged

Abhaas Mehta to enter Mahadev as Manav Gohil's (Andhak) son

Abhaas Mehta to enter Mahadev as Manav Gohil's son

It seems it was written in actor Abhaas Mehta's destiny to become a part of the immensely popular mythological show, Devon Ke Dev Mahadev.

The talented actor, who catapulted to fame as Shyam in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? will soon enter the show to play Andhak's son. Coming back to the destiny bit: Abhaas was offered to play Andhak, but the actor had to back out at the last minute because of skin infection. Says Abhaas, "What an irony. I was all set to play Andhak. I was on the set to shoot, but had to leave because of a severe skin infection. Manav was roped in to play Andhak then. And now I get to play the son."

Father or son, we are certain that his fans will rejoice after reading this piece of information.

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 31 May 2014 at 2:17am | IP Logged

Puja Banerjee is geared up for Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa

Puja Banerjee (Photo: DC)

Puja Banerjee (Photo: DC)

Mumbai: Puja Banerjee, popular as Parvati from Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, is all geared up for the upcoming season of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. Unfortunately, she met with a terrible accident even before the show has started. Puja, when contacted, confirmed, "Yes, I was rehearsing for an aerial act and fell from a height of more than 6 feet. This is the one chance I have to prove myself as a dancer and then the accident happened even before the competition has begun."

The show also has Puja's co-star Mouni Roy among the contestants, so how is she dealing with the competition? She says, "Mouni and Kiku Sharda are two people that I know from before. I can't call them good friends but we are cordial." Puja adds that though she had some amount of training in dance as a child, what she's required to do now is a different ball game altogether. She says, "I trained in Kathak and Bharatnatyam as a child but in the show you will see me perform salsa, contemporary and other dance forms that I never attempted. My body is still getting used to the moves and lifts."

The actress is seen in a short skirt in the promos of the show. So is Puja trying to break away from her Parvati image? She says, "I started my career with a mythological show where I played Radha, but after that I went on to do many Bengali movies where I played varied characters. So I don't think I have been slotted in any particular image."

Edited by deboleena.manna - 31 May 2014 at 2:14am

Go to top