Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ (Page 82)

Post Reply New Post

Page 82 of 95

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 09 January 2014 at 9:56pm | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Proud-India

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ (Page 82)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Proud-India

IF-Sizzlerz

Proud-India

Posted: 09 January 2014 at 10:30pm | IP Logged

Television's love for Double roles continues in the new year

Television's love for Double roles continues in the new year
A still from Mahadev

Bollywood films may not feature double roles as frequently anymore, but television continues with the trend. The year began with Vivian Dsena in a double role in Madhubala " Ek Ishq Ek Junoon And we won't be surprised to see more in days to come.

So, why does TV love the idea of a double role? Says producer Saurabh Tewari, "It is introduced only when characters become brands " when the original character has already clicked and the second one adds to the fun. Double dhamaka in the same price. But the success of a doubles track only depends on whether the second one is as interesting as the first." But, this is not the only reason why the small screen's tryst with twin roles continues. There's more:

Reason 1: When a serial goes on for a long time and exhausts almost all the tracks, writers resort to this. The double role track helps them add twists and turns, which they hope give a boost to the Television Viewership in Thousands (TVTs). Some shows have even had more than one double role. Devon Ke Dev Mahadev apart from Mohit Raina's Mahadev-Jalandhar track, also had Sudesh Berry play twin aghoris Malla and Mani. Hitler Didi too had two actors " Rati Pandey and Rituraj " play double roles.

Reason 2: In the case of a couple of shows, a double role was introduced to stop their lead actors from quitting post a time leap. In Uttaran, Tina Dutta was given a double role " that of mother-daughter (Iccha-Meethi). The Pavitra Rishta creative team similarly too managed to keep back Ankita Lokhande with a grandmother-granddaughter role (Archana-Ankita).

Reason 3: Double roles are sometimes a part of episodic shows like CID to add to the intrigue. Or for the fun of it, as in the case of Amitabh Bachchan in KBC Season 7 where he also came in as Lallan bhaiya in one of the episodes.

Not to forget, Salman Khan who was both, the angel and the devil in Bigg Boss this time.

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 14 January 2014 at 1:52am | IP Logged

Shah Rukh Khan rehearses for Screen Awards 2014

Written by Sarika Sharma | Mumbai | January 13, 2014 09:40

Shah Rukh Khan is busy with rehearsals for the 20th Annual Life OK Screen Awards. (IE Photo)
Shah Rukh Khan is busy with rehearsals for the 20th Annual Life OK Screen Awards. (IE Photo) 

Bollywood Badshah Shah Rukh Khan is busy with rehearsals for the 20th Annual Life OK Screen Awards, which is scheduled to take place tomorrow night, January 14, 2014 at MMRDA Grounds in Mumbai. The actor, who will be hosting the grand affair is gearing up for the show as he rehearses his lines late into the night on the eve of the Award function. Dressed in a black tee shirt, denims and a beanie, Shah Rukh rehearsed along with Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev' actor Mohit Raina, who will join King Khan on stage. Shah Rukh Khan arrived early evening at the Screen Awards venue. The actor has been nominated for Best Actor (male) for Chennai Express' in which he romanced the beautiful Deepika Padukone. He has also been nominated for Best Actor (male) by popular choice. Keep watching this space for all the live updates on Screen Awards 2014.

Proud-India

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 16 January 2014 at 1:34am | IP Logged

"Draupadi will take 'Mahabharat' to another level" : Sudesh Berry

Actor Sudesh Berry, who plays Drupad in TV show Mahabharat', feels that Draupadi's recent entry will help in getting more eyeballs.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 | 6:03:18 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |  Comments 1 Comments  |  390 Views

Actor Sudesh Berry, who plays Drupad in TV show Mahabharat', feels that Draupadi's recent entry will help in getting more eyeballs.

"The show is up for a major move forward and Draupadi will take the show to another level," Sudesh said in a statement.

"I'm getting very positive responses thankfully, but I'm not satisfied. I want to portray king Drupad as a very powerful, strong and emotionless character," he said.

In the past, Sudesh worked in shows like Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi KijoDevon Ke Dev. Mahadev and Kya Hadsaa Kya Haqeeqat.

Proud-India

Nikki_Titli

IF-Addictz

Nikki_Titli

Posted: 16 January 2014 at 3:07am | IP Logged

Proud-India

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 16 January 2014 at 5:48am | IP Logged

"This role is one more feather in my cap!" - Maninee De Mishra

Maninee De Mishra reporting from Karnal about her experience of working in Diya Aur Baati Hum!

Ads by Google
1Cr Term Cover for 543pm
Save On Term Insurance buy online Compare to get best offer online
policybazaar.com/Term-Insurance

Thursday, January 16, 2014 | 4:47:43 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: india-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |  Comments 1 Comments  |  316 Views

As the strict IPS officer Agrima Singh, Maninee De Mishra is looking powerful in her strong character inDiya Aur Baati Hum on Star Plus. The show has been having its shoot at Karnal in Haryana and Maninee is based there since the last week of December. Braving the winter chills the ever bubbly Maninee speaks about her experience of working in the show, "It has been a fantastic experience. The entire set up right from the producers, the director, co-actors everyone is just great to work with. I am having an amazing time despite the fact that I am far away from home for such a long stretch."

Maninee who is expected to come back to Mumbai in mid-Feb says she misses her husband, Mihir Mishra the most, "I will not get a break and will come back home only after Valentine's Day and since Mihir is busy with his work and events even he has not come to meet me... I miss him so much!"

However, for someone who always looks at the positive side of any situation, Maninee is happy to be surrounded by good people in the form of the cast and crew of the show, "We all stay at the same hotel near the shooting location which is comfortable since we can connect well with each other. We get a wake-up call at around 6 am and we report to shoot at 7:30 am and continue working till the light is clear. Sometimes we have to wrap up when it gets foggy or cloudy but even then we continue with the indoor shoot."

The weather has been quite chilly for the past couple of weeks and the early morning wake up ritual reminds Maninee of her own childhood days, "It is quite cold in Karnal and when the temperatures go down to 5 degrees and less it can be quite freezing here. It reminds me of my childhood days since I am a Delhi girl and I remember I had early morning school. In the winters going to school at around 5:30 in the morning we would be shivering with cold unable to see the person in front of me due to the fog."

The outdoor setting and the weather has been the basis for the camaraderie between the actors says Maninee who says she can stay serious only between hearing the words Action and Cut, "Me, Neil BhattCharu Asopa and Alan Kapoor have become a chandaal chowkdi. It is a mad house when we all are together and we bond so well off screen that it shows on screen too. I have earlier worked with Charu in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev but had never worked with Neil or Alan but we hit it off instantly which is fun since I believe work atmosphere should always be nice and a place to be enjoyed too!"

Maninee also has taken a liking for Deepika Singh who plays the main protagonist in the show, "Deepika is a very grounded girl and is not the proud, show off types. She is very mature and a joy to work with. I have seen other girls too who play the main leads and I have seen her attitude too and I feel she is very balanced and sensible person. With her kind of attitude I'm very sure she will reach places and go further in her career."

Her character of an IPS officer is a cameo and Maninee says she will miss being part of the show once her part wraps up, "In the show the jawans call me Singh saab and now everyone has started calling me the same. I am now used to being a masculine personality (laughs) and I will miss my character, my co-actors, the show and all the fun that we have had. However, I have realized one thing that this show has come to me at a certain point in my life and career when I needed it the most. Since long I wanted to play a cop and it was wonderful to get to play it in Diya aur Baati, a show which has such fantastic TRPs due to its mass appeal. I have got positive feedback and i felt proud that during my entry and the twist in the story the TRPs were as high as 6. It is always great to be associated with the No. 1 show of the country even if it is for some time only."

Maninee feels this might just lead on to something big, "My range has increased and people have seen me in a variety of characters now. By god's grace I have always been appreciated and now I have added one more dimension to my skills. It is one more feather in my cap and I hope someone makes a show like this with the focus on the armed forces where I get to play the role for a longer time."

Well, we too wish the same Maninee!

Seema Khot Mattoo

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Proud-IndiaNikki_Titli

Proud-India

IF-Sizzlerz

Proud-India

Posted: 18 January 2014 at 12:42am | IP Logged

Parakh replaces Ojaswi to play Mohini in Mahadev

Parakh replaces Ojaswi to play Mohini in Mahadev
Parakh Madan
Telly show 'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' has introduced many cameos, one of the most memorable being that of Mohini. The character was played by Ojaswi Oberoi during the Bhasmasur track. So, when a developing track required Mohini again, producer Nikhil Sinha contacted Ojaswi, only to be left surprised. He was told that Ojaswi had got married and shifted to Kolkata for good.

READ: Will Sonarika return as Parvati in 'Devon Ke Dev "Mahadev'?

Nikhil was left with no choice but to look for her replacement and thus, finalised Parakh Madan. Says Parakh, "Mohini is the female avatar of Lord Vishnu. I was always keen on doing a mythological show. Also, my role has a dance sequence. Being a trained classical dancer, it's a good opportunity to showcase my talent." So, is she aware that the role was originally played by Ojaswi? "I am not aware of that," she says.

Proud-India

IF-Sizzlerz

Proud-India

Posted: 18 January 2014 at 12:44am | IP Logged

Usha Bacchani to enter Mahadev

Usha Bacchani to enter Mahadev
Usha Bacchani
Life OK's long running mythological show 'Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev' is ruling millions of heart since two years now and the show is leaving no stone unturned to keep the audiences glued with its engaging narration.

After roping in talented actor Rahul Dev, the makers ( Nikhil Sinha) have now planned to introduce a new character with a new track. Accordingly, Television actress Usha Bacchani has been roped in to play Mahishi in Mahadev.

"Usha Bacchani will portray Mahishi, Mahishasur's sister. As Mahishasur was killed by Parvati, Mahishi has now returned to take revenge from Parvati. With her utter devotion, she pleases Lord Brahma and in return she asks to bless her with a boon by which nobody, except the son created out of the union of Vishnu (Hari) and Shiva (Haran) would be able to kill her."

READ: Mahadev's original Parvati refuses female lead in Buddha twice!

When contacted, Usha Bacchani confirms, "Yes I am entering the show and it's a great experience to work with such a good and co-operative production house. I had once done a costume drama but Mahadev is different."

Usha Bacchan has earlier acted in shows like Mata Ki Chowki and Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki.

Keep reading this space for more updates!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top