Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ (Page 32)

Post Reply New Post

Page 32 of 100

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 1:39am | IP Logged

Lord of the small screen

Srabanti Chakrabarti, Jan 20, 2013

Telly Talk

The saying goes that there are over 33 crore gods and goddesses in the Hindu mythology, and going by that figure, if there is a show on each of them on Indian television, producers don't have to worry about churning out programmes for many centuries. 

Moreover, going by the success-failure ratio of these mythological shows, they are the best available, and of low risk proposition, for any producer. Be it Ramayan from Ramanand Sagar or Mahabharat from B?R Chopra, success has mostly favoured Indian mythological serials.

The latest in the list is Devon Ka Dev Mahadev on Life OK, produced by Nikhil Sinha. Not only has the show about Lord Shiva broken TRP records, but has also turned Mohit Raina ' who portrays Lord Shiva ' into one of the most sought after celebrities in the Indian television industry. 

However, stardom did not come easily for Mohit. The budding chartered accountant decided to come to Mumbai to pursue a career in modelling. A young lad from Kashmir, Mohit had the whole package ' stunning looks coupled with muscular physique. So, when he was shortlisted in the top 5 of Grasim Mr India in 2006, there were no surprises.
"I was like any other smalltown boy who wants to make it big in the glamour industry. 

I wanted name, fame and money. But I had no clue how to go about it. Someone suggested that participating in a pageant may be a sure ticket to acting, and so I registered myself for Grasim Mr India. In many ways, the pageant opened my eyes to the high standards of the glamour world. I worked hard after realising that, and had to struggle to move forward," says the onscreen Shiva.

Speaking about his fitness regime, Mohit says, "Before coming to Mumbai, my definition of fitness was going for a morning walk. Only after entering the glamour industry did I realise the importance of maintaining a good physique and found out how tough the competition was."

This is quite a revelation, coming from a person known for his chiselled looks. So, what is his fitness regime today, after attaining stardom? "I take my work outs very seriously now. I have got this great opportunity to play Lord Shiva and it is a huge responsibility. Exercising and keeping myself fit is a vital part of the role. In fact, when I was chosen for the show, I had to gain some weight. Now, to maintain my look, I do regular work outs, and at times when I miss out due to hectic schedules, I compensate by using the makeshift gym on the sets." 

Mohit keeps a close watch on his diet too. He feels that erratic work hours are not something he can control, but what he eats is completely in his hands. He ensures that he eats only home-cooked meals most of the time. 

Getting back to his career, Mohit takes a walk down memory lane and recalls the days when things were not easy for him. Though the Mr India pageant gave him a toehold, the next few years were not so productive. What followed was a slew of not-so-good ventures in small (Ganga Ki Dheej, Chehra, Antariksh) and big (Don Muthuswami) screens. The aspiring actor became a little unsure of his future. However, Devon Ka Dev Mahadev changed his life. After the initial hiccups, Mohit has now metamorphosed into a confident star.

When asked how he has been coping with his new-found stardom, Mohit says, "It is a strange feeling. I have suddenly realised that people around me have become kind and supportive. This was definitely not the case earlier. Now, I have the added advantage of playing Mahadev. Wherever I go, people treat me as if Lord Shiva has arrived. This is also quite embarrassing. I feel people have started getting emotionally attached to me, and they perceive me as a godly figure. Some fans start touching my feet'it becomes really difficult. Then it takes a lot of effort on my part to convince them that I am just Mohit Raina, the actor," he says. 

However, this hysteria is not the first of its kind. Yesteryear actor Arun Govil too got similar treatment when he portrayed Lord Rama in Ramayan. Mohit speaks about an incident where a boy had come all the way from Himachal just to get himself photographed with the onscreen Mahadev. "He wanted me to put my hand on his head and bless him. Initially, I refused to do so, but he said it was for his mother. Finally, I had to give in to his mother's wishes," Mohit gushes.

After all, he is being idolised as the lord of the lords.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/306414/lord-small-screen.html

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ (Page 32)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 1:58am | IP Logged
edited.

Edited by mnx12 - 21 January 2013 at 2:43am

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 12:29am | IP Logged
riangle Film Company's mythological saga Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev on Life OK will soon witness the entry of Lord Shiva's biggest devotee Raavan which will be played by Manish Wadhwa. And Raavan's entry will mark the beginning of Ramayan on the show.

After roping in Manish Wadhwa for Raavan's role we now hear that actors Pankaj Bhatia andNeha Gehlot have also been finalized to play important roles on the show.

Sources inform that Pankaj Bhatia of Havan fame will be seen playing the role of Vibhishan whereas Neha Gehlot will play the role Raavan's sister Surphanaka. Both the actors have started shooting for the show and their entry will be aired sometime next week.

When contacted, Neha said, "I am extremely happy to be a part of Mahadev. Its my first Mythological show and am getting a lot to learn. Being part of the number one show Mahadev is like a dream come true for any actor."Big smile

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 12:47am | IP Logged

Got to learn a lot in this show:Ahsaas Channa

By Priyanka Naithani, TNN | Jan 20, 2013, 06.35 PM IST
Share More
A
A
READ MORE Atmosphere
Got to learn a lot in this show:Ahsaas Channa
Ahsaas Channa
Remember the Shah Rukh Khan and Preity Zinta's son Arjun in the movie Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna who wants to play violin instead of playing football. 

Interestingly, the boy with spectacles was actually a girl who has now turned fourteen. We are talking about Ahsaas Channa who is recently seen in Nikhil Sinha's Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev as Ashokasundari (Lord Shiva and Parvati's daughter). Apparently no one could make out, that it was the same kid as her get up in the mythological shows was completely different. 

"I had an amazing experience as it was my first ever mythological show. Mostly I had scenes with Mohit Raina and Sonarika Bhadoria and both of them are absolutely adorable. The atmosphere on the set is always energetic and lively and I got to learn a lot, says Ahsaas. 

She describes Sonarika as a very sweet person and someone with almost child like innocence. According to her, Mohit is hard working at the same time humorous too. The standard VIII student, who is concentrating on her studies as well, wants to become a successful actor in future. She started her career quite early and has acted in films like Vaastu Shastra, Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, My Friend Ganesha and Phoonk. She also came in limelight when she acted in popular television show Kasam Se.

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 11:21pm | IP Logged

I want to be a part of Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha 2: Ashnoor Kaur

Thursday, January 24, 2013 | 1:40:47 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 97 Comments
I want to be a part of Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha 2: Ashnoor Kaur

Tellybuzz talks to the talented child artist Ashnoor Kaur...

How does it feel playing the role of Choti Durga?
I feel really good playing the role of Choti Durga. It is my pleasure to enact in mythological shows. It is a very talented role and it prepares me for better in my life.

How do you feel being a part of Mythological and Historical shows?
I enjoy being a part of mythological and historical shows. I get to learn a lot as they are mature roles. I am used to it now as I have done many such shows including Shobha Somnath Ki,Devon Ke Dev. MahadevEk Veer Stree ki Kahaani Jhansi Ki Rani and now Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga.

Does wearing heavy ornaments and jewellery bother you?
No.. Actually now I am used to wearing it all so it doesn't bother me anymore. But I get irritated and frustrated when there are late night shoots as I get too tired in the day time itself to continue shooting the entire night.

How much do you miss 'Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha?
I miss Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha a lot. It was a family environment on the sets and we used to enjoy a lot but now I just have memories to cherish as the show is over.

Na Bole Tume Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2 has started. Do you feel that you should have been a part it?
Yes, I want to be a part a part of Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2. However it is obvious that I cannot be a part of it since my character has now grown up. I am happy that Season 2 has started and I am also extremely happy that I have got such a great show like Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga.

You are currently shooting in Baroda. It is an outdoor shoot, so does this affect your studies?
No, my studies don't get affected. My mother is a teacher so she keeps a tab on my studies. In fact, I am a studious girl myself, so it works. 

Reporter and Author: Krishma Solanki

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 31 January 2013 at 3:07am | IP Logged
The writing's on the wall, er, small screens. Television soaps no longer need to piggyback ride on stars to rake in the TRPs. The report cards of the last two weeks (week 4 & week 3 of TAM Peoplemeter) have amply proved that point. 

Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chasmah (SAB TV) and Balika Vadhu(Colours) are tied at the top slot (with a TRP of 4.4) for two consecutive weeks. Neither shows have any of television's much wanted superstars in their creditlines. Balika Vadhu is riding a new high since the entry of model-actor Siddharth Shukla (who had to his credit two daily soaps that barely got noticed until BV made him a face to reckon with on TV) has stepped in as Shiv, the charming IAS officer who's swept the protagonist Anandi into a courtship and marriage (that had an airtime of three months) and has a new track where a reformed Jagya (played by Shashank Vyas) takes a stand against domestic violence and child marriage; while Taarak Mehta is banking solely on Dilip Joshi and Disha Vakani's superb comic timings. Both BV and Taarak have also benefitted immensely from the weak 8 pm programming of Star Plus, Zee and Sony.
Perched at No.2 is Diya Aur Baati Hum (4.1), a consistent performer, a show that prides itself on tackling social issues like women's education and Neelu Vaghela as Bhabo and Anas Rashidas Suraj are the names that have helped the show notch its steady numbers in its one and half year stint. c (Star Plus) has made a surprise comeback in the top 5 slot (with a TRP of 3.9) after a time leap and is No.3. At No.4 is Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke (Zee TV), the sleeper hit of the channel (with a TRP of 3.8, a slight dip from last week's TRP of 4.0) has relatively unknown faces leading the star cast and has still managed to get the numbers and turn the broadcaster's GRPs favourably. Madhubala Ek Ishq Ek Junoon is No 5 with 3.6 TRP; followed by Sasural Simar Ka at No.6 (TRP of 3.5). Madhubala...'s star ace is teenage heartthrob Vivian D'sena and the talented Dhrasti Dhami. Sasural...'s current track has Avika Gor playing the stellar role in saving her family fortune. In the supporting cast are Deepika Samson and Manish Raisinghani.Saath Nibhana Saathiya, Pavitra Rishta and Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha... are at No.7, tied with the same TRPs 3.4. Even after three years, Saathiya's only starry face belongs to Roopal Patel also known as Kokila in the show.

Pyaar... which had come under scanner a couple of months ago for poor TRPs has done a surprise comearound and is delivering the numbers again.

Pavitra Rishta with Ankita Lokande and Ritvik Dhanjani is poised for a time leap again amid reports of Ankita quitting the show doing the rounds, the current story about two impending weddings and pregnancies has struck a chord.

Zee TV's Qubool Hai has inched into a comfortable No.8 slot (TRP of 3.3) thanks to Karan Singh Grover's charisma and also an honour killing track - both appear to have found a connect with audiences. At No. 9 is Sab TV's Chidiya Ghar (TRP of 2.7), a ribtickler with no heavy duty cast. Devon Ka Dev Mahadev is No. 10 with a TRP of 2.6. And the common point between the top shows of this week? Apart from Karan Singh Grover, Vivian D'sena and Dhrasti Dhami, none of the shows needed a big star to grab eyeballs. High drama, some ribtickling and tearjerking moments did the needful. 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Storylines-get-TRPs-not-stars/articleshow/18268798.cms

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Proud-India

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 12:55am | IP Logged
  • 1 Feb 2013
  • Hindustan Times (Mumbai)

Sonarika's secret to happiness

Being an actor means working for long stressful hours and dealing with hectic schedules. But this does not apply to Sonarika Bhadoria, aka Parvati in Nikhil Sinha's show Mahadev on Life OK, who looks cheerful and energetic on screen. The reason behind this positive attitude Sonarika has been a member of The Art of Living Foundation since she was nine.

The actor, who strongly believes in her guru, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, says, "I have always been very connected to him. His thoughts and his way of living inspire me. He believes that no matter how old you are, you should always be a child at heart."

Talking about her initiation into The Art Of Living, she says, "My parents feel peaceful as they meditate regularly. Since my father was a follower, I joined too."

Previous StoryNext Story

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Proud-India

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 1:09am | IP Logged

The show 'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' has been a hit with the audiences. Going by the popularity, the channel decided to extend support for the social cause of saving the Ganges with a cultural festival named 'Mahadev Ganga Mahostav' in Haridwar.

Dailybhaskar.com exclusively spoke to Mahadev aka Mohit Raina in Haridwar who is geared up for the social cause. He said, "I am a part of this because I feel somewhere people can identify with me and the love that I have got from them. I feel that people will listen to me if I say them to save our Ganga".

The Mahotsav culminated with an exciting cultural evening after a series of activities aimed at creating awareness and encouraging people to contribute towards conserving Ganga. Popular actor and singer Manoj Tiwari enchanted the audiences with a special performance. Manoj was joined by children from talent show 'Hindustan Ke Hunarbaaz' who created music through unique instruments made out of waste products. While 'Devon ke Dev'. Mahadev' actor Mohit Raina urged people to support this initiative. As many as 15,000 people attended the mega event at Rishikul Ground.

The Mahotsav was inaugurated in Haridwar by Shri Vijay Bahuguna, Chief Minister, Uttarakhand on 9th January. The Mahadev Ganga Mahotsav now moves to Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh in its journey to spread awareness on Ganga.

We hope that this move will ensure brighter future of Ganga.

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/ENT-mahadev---s-mission-to-save-ganges-4163849-NOR.html

Post Reply New Post

Go to top