Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ (Page 30)

OtakuGirl-Debo IF-Sizzlerz
OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 27 December 2012 at 2:30am | IP Logged
another article of Moharika by HTBig smile
Drashti Dhami- Vivian D'Sena Show: Madhubala Drashti Dhami and Vivian D'Sena had been a hit pair before. The chemistry really began to show only after Drashti's character of a fiery, family-oriented girl married an unpredictable superstar with an attitude
problem, played by Vivian. The fact that they are a good-looking couple also works in their favour.

Sanaya Irani - Barun Sobti

Show: Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

This pair became a hit within months of going on air. She was a cute, pretty girl and he was tall, fair and handsome. The subtlety in their acting led to sizzling on-screen chemistry. Her character was talkative, his was the arrogant, quiet sort. Sparks were bound to fly.

Sakshi Tanwar- Ram Kapoor

Show: Bade Achhe Lagte Hain

Their real-life comfort level translated well on screen and even helped them enact their widely discussed consummation scene. Both actors are also very experienced, so their performances are subtle and real.

Nia Sharma-Kushal Tandon

Show: Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai

Their characters, Maanvi and Virat, encapsulate the naughtiness and romance of a younger generation. As their friendship on screen grew, their talkative and opinionated natures led to playful banter and chemistry in front of the camera.

Anas Rashid-Deepika Singh

Show: Diya Aur Baati Hum

Due to their off-screen friendship, Anas and Deepika make a great couple. Their simple, earnest performances gradually won the hearts of people and made the show a front-runner. He plays a dutiful son and caring husband, while she is the perfect wife and daughter-in-law.

Mohit Raina-Sonarika Bhadoria

Show: Mahadev

It is very rare to see great chemistry between the lead couple in a mythological show. But the handsome Mohit Raina and pretty Sonarika Bhadoria surprised everyone with their fabuolus chemistry. Perhaps it the fact that the story of Shiv and Parvati was being romanticised, which reflected well on-screen.

Those who fell in love on and off screen

Kanan Malhotra-Ekta Kaul

After their characters in Rab Se Sona Ishq had an arranged marriage, both their sets of parents decided to get the couple married off screen too. The wedding will take place this year.

Ashish Kapoor-Priyal Gor

They fell in love while working together on Dekha Ek Khwaad, but as soon as the show ended, they too announced their break-up.

Off-screen link-ups

Rati Pandey-Anas Rashid

Living in the same building and interacting socially led them to start dating, although both still refuse to discuss their personal lives.

Nia Sharma-Kushal Tandon

Both insisted that they were good friends and that camaraderie extends to the screen too. But after reports of them being caught making out in a make-up room on the sets, no one's believing their version.

Hina Khan-Neeraj Baliyan

He was her first director on her debut show, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. They refuse to talk about their relationship, but Hina credits him with helping her during the initial stages of her career.

Drashti Dhami-Neeraj Khemka

Although she denies reports that she has been seeing the NRI businessman since two years, it is known that Drashti is set to marry him soon.

Sriti Jha-Harshad Chopda

They apparently started dating on the sets of Saubhagyavati Bhava. When he quit the show, she followed suit, thus igniting rumours.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Television/2012-rewind-On-screen-couples-that-sizzled-this-year/Article1-980924.aspx

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 27 December 2012 at 2:42am | IP Logged

LookBack 2012: Shailesh Kapoor on 10 Things that Defined 2012 for Television

By Shailesh Kapoor

It's been more than an eventful year for the television industry in India. Digitization in the four metros is finally a reality (almost), and this sets the ball rolling for the nationwide digitization that we all eagerly anticipate. It was also the year of tussle on the measurement side, with the NDTV lawsuit setting the cat amongst the pigeons. I hope 2013 is remembered as the year of BARC, where we see a new, more robust currency research being set up by our industry bodies.

But besides these two key areas of activity, 2012 was also a year of a lot of action on the content and marketing front. Here is my pick on the top 10 events or trends of the year, which may have a lasting impact on the industry in the times to come.

9. Mahadev rewrites mytho rules: Almost all the success our television has seen in the mythological space has been 'calendar art' in nature. With its more atypical yet extremely entertaining treatment of Mahadev, Life OK ushered in a new trend. The programme managed to build popularity as the year passed, and this, in turn, should encourage other channels to break the stereotypical mytho mould, starting with MaaDurga on Colors. After the failed experiment in Mahabharat on 9X, Mahadev has proven that some of the holy cows of the mytho genre are overrated.

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 7:05am | IP Logged

Tracks, twists & TRPs become the showstoppers on TV

TNN | Dec 28, 2012, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
More
A
A
READ MORE Converge|Aamir Khan
Tracks, twists & TRPs become the showstoppers on TV
Devon Ke Dev Mahadev
Mythology, crime, thrillers and soaps with dollops of emotional quotient ruled the small screen in 2012 

Figure this: in the last few months, the small screen has witnessed many fascinating tales unravel — leaps in eight daily soaps, introduction of tracks where the ex unleashes some surprise twists to the tale on 10 shows, and the big fat Indian wedding unfurl innumerable tracks involving the reel shaadi of lead couples in 14 shows simultaneously. 

This is just the icing on the cake. 2012 as a year, had it all — romance, intimate moments, love-hate stories, and of course, drama high on adrenaline. Whether it is intimacy, jail tracks, battle of the exes, marriages, leaps, remarriages or some near fatal mishaps, illness, prime time daily soaps were seen riding on the same boat with similar tracks. 

Genres, different they might be, but what made the shows converge at one point was the fact that the tube banking on that one formula which will instantly grab the eyeballs. And it showed in the TRPs that the shows raked in. Analyse this: good TRPs of mythological shows like Devon Ke Dev Mahadev are also having a trickle down effect on soapbox with different channels coming up with new shows based on folklore. Also, the successful run of CID for 15 years, plus the advent of crime based shows — fiction as well as non-fiction and the awareness that Aamir Khan created about various social-issues on the show Satyamev Jayate has had the same effect. 
Are channels banking on a success formula and trying to make the most of what audiences like to watch? Producer Sudhir Sharma says, "90 per cent of the shows on Indian television are family-centric, which narrows down the creative process with all its limitations. Family affairs are about about marriages and love, so all shows fall in the same zone resulting in overlapping of tracks. At the same time, no track is a facsimile because the treatment of every track is different. For example, not all leaps have the same storyline. The tone and texture of each leap is different." 

Garnering considerable TRPs seems to be the catalyst of introduction of success formulas on TV. Pooja Gor says, "Showbiz is all about business. If something works on one show, every show wants to bank on that success formula in a bid to garner good TRPs." However, the actress feels, the "success based on these kind of tracks is short-lived."
At the same time, many in the industry feel, certain tracks have become imperative for the creative process on TV. "Marriage tracks and the return of the exes are the need of TV. The continuous process of delivering 21 episodes a month call for some freshness in the storyline which only different kind of tracks provide," says Sharma. 
Three new mythology shows have started in last three months with producer Siddharth Kumar Tewary's show based on Mahabharat also in the line up. Producer Nikhil Sinha says, "There is no fix success formula. Novelty factor always works and novelty is something which can't be repeated nor replicated. The story needs to have the right mix of authenticity, fresh content, emotions, costume and the look and feel should make the audiences feel good when they watch it. "
Well, with the hit track record ruling the roost on the small screen, Tellyland seems to be banking on the concept of hit hay toh fit hay. With so much on the viewers' platter, only time will tell how much TRP froth the new shows can create.
OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 31 December 2012 at 2:41am | IP Logged
Divine intervention
Life OK's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev made the gods very happy in 2012. Producer Siddharth Kumar Tewary will begin shooting, in earnest, his very own version of Mahabharat for Star Plus later in the new year. Meanwhile, Ekta Kapoor is gearing up for her magnum opus tentatively titled Jodha Akbar with best of actors from the film and TV industry but that will only air on Zee in early 2014.

Nikhil Sinha, Triangle Film Company 

Whether it was Baba Aiso Var Dhoondho or Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, we created a new path. It's been a rewarding year. We made Mahadev with a different narrative style and it was accepted. It changed the definition of how mythologicals are presented. Today, makers are no longer apprehensive to try out newer things.  

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 31 December 2012 at 2:45am | IP Logged

Epic Mahabharat on the floors!

Sunday, December 30, 2012 | 10:58:16 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 66 Comments
Epic Mahabharat on the floors!

With the popular mythological series like Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev, Ramayan, Durga, etc. already doing well on-screens, another epic mythological series Mahabharat is all set to make its come back...

Siddharth Kumar Tewary, who is known for producing shows like Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hin Kijo, Phulwa and Navya is now coming back with the epic show Mahabharat. There had been a lot of speculations about the making and scrapping of the show. Now, the wait is over and our sources have informed us that the shoot has finally begun.

The war sequence is being shot in the outskirts of Jaisalmer. Buzz is going around that the show will be aired daily and not weekly but is yet to be finalized. Earlier, the show was being expected to take the time slot of Satyamev Jayate but it couldn't make it. The making of the show has not been easy for the makers, as it involves three years of re-search and pre-production.

The star cast of this show is going to have a mix of many newcomers and few known faces. All India auditions have been done but the final casting is still on as it will be having lots of characters. According to our reliable sources, Shaheer Sheikh has been approached to play Arjun and Deblina Chatterjee to play Draupadi. Anita Raj has been approached to play the character of Satyavati but due to some reasons it didn't got finalized.

The show is expected to go on-air after about 3-4 months.   

Reporter and Author: Anwesha Kamal

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 31 December 2012 at 2:50am | IP Logged
mythology is back

He came, he saw and he conquered. We are talking about Lord Shiv 
or rather the serial Devon Ka Dev Mahadev based on him. While it's 
not the first mythological to trace the journey of Shiv — earlier there 
was Om Namah Shivay — it certainly clicked with the viewers in a 
big way. Producer Nikhil Sinha attributed it to the show looking and 
being shot in a contemporary way. Its success spawned the comeback of mythos on TV
OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 31 December 2012 at 10:47pm | IP Logged

Mohit and Sonarika's 'Godly' experiences in their real lives!

Monday, December 31, 2012 | 5:14:33 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 26 Comments
Mohit and Sonarika's 'Godly' experiences in their real lives!

Life Ok's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev's Mohit and Sonarika aka Shiv and Parvati are experiencing unlimited fame in their real lives with the show touching unlimited heights of success and popularity…

Nikhil Sinha's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev has gained a lot of popularity and has received  a cult status in the mythological genre. People in the metros as well as in small towns are following the show regularly. The show is also being appreciated by other actors from the industry and producers as well which rarely happens with a show. The show has gained immense popularity across  India, especially in the cities like Jaipur, Bhopal, Ahmedabad, Himachal Pradesh and urban metro cities like Delhi, Mumbai and even Hyderabad and Kolkata.  

The lead stars of the show Mohit Raina and Sonarika Bhadoria's lives have been changed ever since they are doing this show. They are now no more being treated as normal human beings.

Actor Mohit Raina adverts, "I am getting extra love from everyone. Wherever I go, people look at me as if Lord Shiva has arrived and I get a lot of attention which sometimes becomes difficult for me to handle the situation. People start getting emotionally attached to me because they perceive me a 'Godly' figure and then have to make them understand that I am just a regular human being. A lot of people come to the sets and want their pictures clicked with me and they want me to give them 'aashirwaad.' They want to touch my feet and I have to stop them from doing so. Few fans even get kheer for me on the sets."  

Speaking about a fan incident, Mohit continued, "A kid had come all the way from Himachal and he wanted a photograph taken with me with a special demand. His mother had given him strict instructions that she wanted a photograph where he would be sitting by my feet and my hands should be on his head, blessing him. Even after insisting him so much that I am not God, I had to fulfill his desire because he wished that pic to be clicked only for his mother. I told that kid that, "I will do it since your mother has desired."

Sonarika Bhadoria who plays Parvati is also undergoing the same situation. Sonarika says, "Its overwhelming to get this much love and respect from the people. wherever I go, people do touch my feet or offer pranaam. Sometimes, even old ladies do so and I see myself in a very awkward situation. People come up to me and ask for blessings. I have experienced that the audiences shower unconditional love and respect."

OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 2:06am | IP Logged
_

n Indian TV

While small screen is largely dominated by strong, women characters, our super stylish studs too create waves in telly-circles, for obvious reasons. Here's the current crop of the hottest television dudes in no particular rank…

Karan Singh Grover – Qubool Hai

The handsome hunk, also known as small screen's Salman Khan, Karan Singh Grover opted for a completely different avatar this year. He emerged as a much conservative, religious, Muslim guy in the TV serial. Earlier, we've 'relished' the stylish man in naughty, romantic roles.

Vivian Dsena – Madhubala

He is sophisticated, classy and absolutely in demand – on the screens and off it! Popularly known as RK, the superstar, in Madhubala, Vivian has certainly charmed the pants off his (female) fans. His super romantic, charming chemistry with his leading lady is an added bonus for the loyal viewers.

Barun Sobti – Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon

This utterly sexy guy with a super-hot body to die for, came across as an arrogant and stubborn businessman in the initial episodes – and he clearly sent us into raptures for the same reasons. The moment his character flaunted his soft, emotional side, we fell for him all over again.

Rithvik Dhanjani – Pavitra Rishta

This chocolate-boy could kill girls with his looks! No wonder, his charming looks and irresistible smile had him stand out despite being a part of an ensemble cast of the family show!

Karan Kundra – Gumrah

A mere mention of this extremely handsome and charismatic guy, makes many girls out there go week in the knees! Need I say more?

Mohit Raina – Mahadev:

Playing Lord Shiva, Mohit gets ample opportunities to display his chiseled body – courtesy the 'revealing' outfit the Hindu God is believed to be wearing, as per our mythological books.

Siddharth Shukla – Balika Vadhu

This adorable man not only brought rays of light in Anandi's life, but also struck an instant chord with the female viewers, thanks to his hard-to-ignore good-looks and endearing ways to woo his lady.

Kushal Tandon – Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai

His mischievous manners and amusing pranks are an added bonus for his female fans, who go gaga over his debonair looks the moment he appears in a frame.

Karan Tacker – Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai

That he comes across as an attractive man and an absolutely loving husband, ensures his name on this list, despite his character being not as appealing as that of his screen-brother.

Gurmeet Choudhary – Punar Vivah

Serious roles suit Gurmeet Choudhary to the T. Last seen as Maan Khurana in Geet, Gurmeet has yet again stormed the small screens this year with his no-nonsense character portrayal in Punar Vivah.

Go to top