Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

"This role is one more feather in my cap!" - Maninee De Mishra

Maninee De Mishra reporting from Karnal about her experience of working in Diya Aur Baati Hum!

Ads by Google
1Cr Term Cover for 543pm
Save On Term Insurance buy online Compare to get best offer online
policybazaar.com/Term-Insurance

Thursday, January 16, 2014 | 4:47:43 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: india-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   1 Comments  |  316 Views

As the strict IPS officer Agrima Singh, Maninee De Mishra is looking powerful in her strong character inDiya Aur Baati Hum on Star Plus. The show has been having its shoot at Karnal in Haryana and Maninee is based there since the last week of December. Braving the winter chills the ever bubbly Maninee speaks about her experience of working in the show, "It has been a fantastic experience. The entire set up right from the producers, the director, co-actors everyone is just great to work with. I am having an amazing time despite the fact that I am far away from home for such a long stretch."

Maninee who is expected to come back to Mumbai in mid-Feb says she misses her husband, Mihir Mishra the most, "I will not get a break and will come back home only after Valentine's Day and since Mihir is busy with his work and events even he has not come to meet me... I miss him so much!"

However, for someone who always looks at the positive side of any situation, Maninee is happy to be surrounded by good people in the form of the cast and crew of the show, "We all stay at the same hotel near the shooting location which is comfortable since we can connect well with each other. We get a wake-up call at around 6 am and we report to shoot at 7:30 am and continue working till the light is clear. Sometimes we have to wrap up when it gets foggy or cloudy but even then we continue with the indoor shoot."

The weather has been quite chilly for the past couple of weeks and the early morning wake up ritual reminds Maninee of her own childhood days, "It is quite cold in Karnal and when the temperatures go down to 5 degrees and less it can be quite freezing here. It reminds me of my childhood days since I am a Delhi girl and I remember I had early morning school. In the winters going to school at around 5:30 in the morning we would be shivering with cold unable to see the person in front of me due to the fog."

The outdoor setting and the weather has been the basis for the camaraderie between the actors says Maninee who says she can stay serious only between hearing the words Action and Cut, "Me, Neil BhattCharu Asopa and Alan Kapoor have become a chandaal chowkdi. It is a mad house when we all are together and we bond so well off screen that it shows on screen too. I have earlier worked with Charu in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev but had never worked with Neil or Alan but we hit it off instantly which is fun since I believe work atmosphere should always be nice and a place to be enjoyed too!"

Maninee also has taken a liking for Deepika Singh who plays the main protagonist in the show, "Deepika is a very grounded girl and is not the proud, show off types. She is very mature and a joy to work with. I have seen other girls too who play the main leads and I have seen her attitude too and I feel she is very balanced and sensible person. With her kind of attitude I'm very sure she will reach places and go further in her career."

Her character of an IPS officer is a cameo and Maninee says she will miss being part of the show once her part wraps up, "In the show the jawans call me Singh saab and now everyone has started calling me the same. I am now used to being a masculine personality (laughs) and I will miss my character, my co-actors, the show and all the fun that we have had. However, I have realized one thing that this show has come to me at a certain point in my life and career when I needed it the most. Since long I wanted to play a cop and it was wonderful to get to play it in Diya aur Baati, a show which has such fantastic TRPs due to its mass appeal. I have got positive feedback and i felt proud that during my entry and the twist in the story the TRPs were as high as 6. It is always great to be associated with the No. 1 show of the country even if it is for some time only."

Maninee feels this might just lead on to something big, "My range has increased and people have seen me in a variety of characters now. By god's grace I have always been appreciated and now I have added one more dimension to my skills. It is one more feather in my cap and I hope someone makes a show like this with the focus on the armed forces where I get to play the role for a longer time."

Well, we too wish the same Maninee!

Seema Khot Mattoo

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Parakh replaces Ojaswi to play Mohini in Mahadev

Parakh replaces Ojaswi to play Mohini in Mahadev
Parakh Madan
Telly show 'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' has introduced many cameos, one of the most memorable being that of Mohini. The character was played by Ojaswi Oberoi during the Bhasmasur track. So, when a developing track required Mohini again, producer Nikhil Sinha contacted Ojaswi, only to be left surprised. He was told that Ojaswi had got married and shifted to Kolkata for good.

READ: Will Sonarika return as Parvati in 'Devon Ke Dev "Mahadev'?

Nikhil was left with no choice but to look for her replacement and thus, finalised Parakh Madan. Says Parakh, "Mohini is the female avatar of Lord Vishnu. I was always keen on doing a mythological show. Also, my role has a dance sequence. Being a trained classical dancer, it's a good opportunity to showcase my talent." So, is she aware that the role was originally played by Ojaswi? "I am not aware of that," she says.
Proud-India thumbnail

Usha Bacchani to enter Mahadev

Usha Bacchani to enter Mahadev
Usha Bacchani
Life OK's long running mythological show 'Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev' is ruling millions of heart since two years now and the show is leaving no stone unturned to keep the audiences glued with its engaging narration.

After roping in talented actor Rahul Dev, the makers ( Nikhil Sinha) have now planned to introduce a new character with a new track. Accordingly, Television actress Usha Bacchani has been roped in to play Mahishi in Mahadev.

"Usha Bacchani will portray Mahishi, Mahishasur's sister. As Mahishasur was killed by Parvati, Mahishi has now returned to take revenge from Parvati. With her utter devotion, she pleases Lord Brahma and in return she asks to bless her with a boon by which nobody, except the son created out of the union of Vishnu (Hari) and Shiva (Haran) would be able to kill her."

READ: Mahadev's original Parvati refuses female lead in Buddha twice!

When contacted, Usha Bacchani confirms, "Yes I am entering the show and it's a great experience to work with such a good and co-operative production house. I had once done a costume drama but Mahadev is different."

Usha Bacchan has earlier acted in shows like Mata Ki Chowki and Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki.

Keep reading this space for more updates!
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Surendra Pal & Shalini Kapoor to be back in Mahadev
Tejashree Bhopatkar,TNN | Jan 21, 2014, 11.07 AM IST

TOI exclusively reported about Sati's track to be re-introduced in Devon Ke Mahadev where Mouni Roy, who played Sati earlier, will return to the show.

A source further informed that not only Mouni Roy but the makers have contacted two major characters from the previous Sati track. They want King Daksh and Queen Prasuti back on the show along with Sati. For the same, they are in talks with veteran actor Surendra Pal and the beautiful Shalini Kapoor.

However, things are still at a nascent stage as both Shalini and Surendra are busy with their prior commitments. Shalini Kapoor is currently seen on Zee TV's Qubool Hai while Surendra Pal too is busy with his films and TV projects.

On the other hand, we also hear that both (Surendra Pal and Shalini Kapoor) are very much interested to be back in Mahadev and if things fall in place they both will be on board.

When contacted, Shalini Kapoor confirmed, "Yes, the makers have contacted Mouni, Surendra Pal and me to be back in Mahadev. I would love to be part of the show again but we are still on the negotiation stage."

Surendra Pal remained unavailable for comments.

It's time for fans of Mahadev to rejoice as the much loved 'Sati track' is all set to hit TV screens.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/tv/news-interviews/Surendra-Pal-Shalini-Kapoor-to-be-back-in-Mahadev/articleshow/29146588.cms?

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Mahadev's real life girlfriend to return to the TV show

Neha Maheshwri,TNN | Jan 21, 2014, 12.00 AM IST
Mahadev's real life girlfriend to return to the TV show
Mohit Raina and Mouni Roy
Mouni Roy, who played Sati in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, will soon return to the mythological show in the same role. During the shoot of the show, Mouni fell in love with actor Mohit Raina, who plays Mahadev.

After Sati's death in May 2012, Parvati was introduced in the show. Now, the writers are working on Sati's track again.

READ: Mohit Raina credits 'Mahadev' for success

Says a source, "Mouni had amazing chemistry with Mohit, so this character is being reintroduced. The track is expected to last around three months, but the length will also be determined by the viewers' response."

Mouni Roy and producer Nikhil Sinha were unavailable for comment.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/tv/news-interviews/Mahadevs-real-life-girlfriend-to-return-to-the-TV-show/articleshow/29105387.cms?
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

"It is a three months cameo for Mahadev." - Mouni Roy

Pretty Mouni Roy who was seen as Sati in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev on Life OK is all set to return on TV. She will be seen in a cameo role in the ongoing mythological show...

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 | 1:24:16 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: india-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   0 Comments  |  192 Views

The good looking actress Mouni Roy who got a lot of fame with her stint as Sati in Life OK's mythological show Devon Ke Dev. Mahadevmanaged to impress the audience with her acting skills. Though her role in the mythological show was for a shorter duration, the pretty lady latter won the audiences' hearts with her stint in Junoon - Aisi Nafrat, toh Kaisa Ishq by playing the character of Meera.

We were quite curious to know about Mouni's character in the show and hence got in touch with her who speaks about her comeback, the reason of why is she furious about the link-up rumors between her and Mohit Raina and much more in conversation with TellyBuzz...

Here is Mouni sharing the details...

As seen in the show as the story of the show Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev has progressed with leaps and bounds, Mouni's character will be introduced in the upcoming track of Shiv Puran. Talking about the same Mouni says, "I am not returning to the show but it is a three months cameo for Mahadev. I'm not allowed to talk about it much but if you have read the Shiv Puran, you'll know what my role will be. Yes, in the show they will now show the track of Shiv Puran."

The actress who will be working the same cast and the production house is quite delighted to work with a respectable producer Nikhil Sinha again and says that she is looking forward to meet the older cast of the show too, "We are like a family and it always feels good to work with Nikhil sir and the team. I'm looking forward to meet all my sisters and parents who were there with me in Mahadev."

Mouni clearly denies about the link-up and marriage rumors circulating in the media about Mohit and her. She likes to keep her personal life to herself and does not like it to speak about the same in public, "I don't want to comment on that as too much has been said in the past which was all rubbish. I've lost my father 6 months back and then people were linking me with Mohit. They even said that we are getting married in February but how is that possible. Now media will come to know that there is nothing like that. I feel media is trying to make my life like a reality show which is not," states Mouni.

When asked Mouni about her career plans she says, "I'm not an ambitious person but yes dance has kept me very busy. After my show Junoon ended, three months back, I've done a lot of stage show and Mohiniyattam; also I was part of Nach Baliye this season. I really want to be part of Jhalak this season and let's hope that I get a chance to participate in the show this year," concludes the actress.

Well, we wish Mouni good luck!

Proud-India thumbnail

Is Mohit Raina set for Bollywood?

Is Mohit Raina set for Bollywood?
Mohit Raina
It's truly raining television stars in Bollywood this year. The latest news doing the rounds is, prime time TV's hottest star Mohit Raina who's currently essaying the role of Mahadev in 'Devon Ka Dev Mahadev' has reportedly been offered a big budget film.

The man who's forever hitting headlines thanks to either his fitness regimen, his rumoured affair with actress Mouni Roy or his tantrums (on the sets and towards the media)" is seriously considering making the big move. Although, there's no confirmation on whether Mohit has accepted the offer because he remained unavailable for comments at the time of going to press, but there is a possibility that the Kashmiri heartthrob might just take up the offer and quit the show. It's early days yet, so guess one will have to wait and watch his next move.
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Aryan Sharma in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev!

Aryan Sharma aka Chotu of Star PlusDiya Aur Baati Hum will be seen playing Aiyyappa inLife OK's popular show Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev...

Thursday, January 23, 2014 | 3:50:01 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   1 Comments  |  78 Views

Aryan Sharma who plays Chotu in Star Plus' Diya Aur Baati Hum is all set to be seen in a different role in Nikhil Sinha's popular mythological series Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev onLife OK.

Our sourse says, "Aryan has been roped in to play the character of Manikanthan (Aiyyappa) in the show. Manikanthan is the Mohini swaroop of Lord Vishnu and ansh of Lord Shiva. He later kills Devil Mahishi. Aryan has already started shooting for the show."

When contacted Aryan, he confirmed the news saying, "It's a very different thing which I have got to play on-screen through this show. I have to fight with lions and have to use swords while fighting scenes which  is quite exciting. When I was offered the show, I immediately said a 'Yes' to them knowing about show's name only and that too when I have to play the character of a Lord in the show. I am very excited about it."  

We wish Aryan all the best for his new show. Till then keep reading this space for more updates.

Anwesha Kamal

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Shah Rukh Khan turns guru for Mohit Raina!

Bollywood's 'King of Romance' Shah Rukh Khan recently shared some tips with small screen actor Mohit Raina who is seen in a serious role in the TV show 'Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev'.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 | 5:46:15 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   0 Comments  |  120 Views

Bollywood's 'King of Romance' Shah Rukh Khan recently shared some tips with small screen actor Mohit Raina who is seen in a serious role in the TV show 'Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev'.

Shah Rukh was hosting the 20th Annual Life OKScreen Awards when he called Mohit on stage and the latter asked him to teach him a few nuances of attracting a variety of roles.

That's when SRK made him learn how to spread out his arms for a lady and how to dance a bit. But all in vain!

A source says that the superstar also took some time out during the event's rehearsals to guide Mohit who has won praise galore for his act as Mahadev.

"Shah Rukh was extremely helpful and co-operative and was lending a helping hand to Mohit during rehearsals. He got down to the minutest details like the stance on stage, dialogue delivery and patiently helped out Mohit.

"Mohit, who is a huge SRK fan, was more than happy to get some tips from his favorite actor," said the source.

The awards show will be aired on Life OK on Saturday.

Proud-India thumbnail

Mohit Raina to follow Shahrukh Khan

Mohit Raina to follow Shahrukh Khan
Mohit Raina
Mohit Raina and Shahrukh Khan are superstars in their own right. Mohit shared screen space with SRK for a recently held awards function and it seems like the actor is mesmerized by SRK's charisma.

On being quizzed about Mohit's rendezvous with SRK, he quipped, "It's an enriching experience to watch him work; he is the most perfect performer that I have witnessed. Shahrukh Khan being the superstar had left no stone unturned in preparing to host his performance."

READ: Mohit Raina clears his marriage rumours

We also hear that Mohit was really awestruck with SRK's energetic preparation and dedication towards his hosting skill.

When asked if Mohit would like to try hosting in the future he affirmed saying, "Of course. It's very interesting and challenging to host a live event. Since there are no re-takes, it takes a lot of time to rehearse for hosting and as I don't have that kind of time right now due to Mahadev's hectic schedule, I would definitely venture into hosting once I have some time at my disposal."

Hope to see Mohit hosting an event soon.