Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ - Page 57

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Lots of drama in your favorite TV shows this week!

Devon Ke Dev Mahadev :- Mahadev seems to have spread his magic of music and worked with Mahalsa and Banahee. In yesterday's mahaepisode, the lord was seen in his Martyand' avatar, challenging Malli and Mani to fight with mata's human form as Mahalsa. However, Mani invokes MahaKali, reminding her of the boon. Watch the next episode, where in a fit of rage, Mahakali swallows Mahadev.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Mohit Raina talks about the tough task of playing Mahadev on television and the challenges that come with it

With his ripped body and flexing muscles, Mohit Raina has captured the heart and the attention of most telly watchers. His rendition of the Lord in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev has made the actor a household name across the country. Raina aka Mahadev talks about his gruelling shoot schedule, missing out on social life and more.

Is playing Mahadev as tough as it seems? 
I have to shoot 18 hours a day because it is a costume drama and it takes time for me to get ready and prepare for the role. Since our set is located outside the city, sometimes I have to stay back on the sets in the night to resume work early next morning. Initially, it was hectic but now I am used to it.

Fans are raving about the good-looking God. Does it embarrass you? 
People approach me for blessings. But I feel really bad when the elderly come and touch my feet. I try to avoid such situations.

Do you feel you will get typecast after this role?
I have done different shows and I don't follow any book of rules.

You gave up your film career to do this show?
I did one film but after that I was not offered any good role. Moreover, I never considered the small screen as a small medium. It has always been a huge platform for actors.

Is wedding on the cards, as you are dating your co-star Mouni Roy?
Not now. I don't get enough time to spend with her. I will be able to take stock only after Mahadev ends. Marriage can wait. 
Proud-India thumbnail
Please Watch This Image In New Tab...You can read it easily & clearly.
😛
Here Image is small in new tab it is very bigger & easy in reading.

http://img.zingmag.com/images/954x1292/640-page-44.jpg

http://img.zingmag.com/images/954x1292/641-page-45.jpg
Proud-India thumbnail
Please Watch This Image In New Tab...You can read it easily & clearly.

Here Image is small, in new tab it is very bigger & easy in reading.

http://img.zingmag.com/images/954x1292/614-page-18.jpg

http://img.zingmag.com/images/954x1292/615-page-19.jpg

http://img.zingmag.com/images/954x1292/616-page-20.jpg

http://img.zingmag.com/images/954x1292/617-page-21.jpg

http://img.zingmag.com/images/954x1292/618-page-22.jpg

http://img.zingmag.com/images/954x1292/619-page-23.jpg

Proud-India thumbnail

Rishina Kandhari bags Buddha & Aankh Micholi!

Rishina Kandhari bags Buddha & Aankh Micholi!
Rishina KandhariMore Pics
It seems like lady luck is smiling on Rishina Kandhari as the actress has bagged two shows on the same channel.

A source says, " Rishina Kandhari, last seen in CID and Devon Ke Dev Mahadev has bagged Buddha and Khelti Hai Zindagi Aankh Micholi on Zee TV."

" Rishina will essay Sanjay's (Manav Gohil) sister in Aankh Micholi while she will play a pivotal character in Buddha," said a source.

When contacted, Rishina confirmed, " Yes, currently I am shooting for Khelti Hai...and will be doing Buddha as well."

Way to go Rishina!
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Ganesha in 'Mahadev' set to be replaced

Tanvi Trivedi, TNN | Oct 30, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
Share More
A
A
Ganesha in 'Mahadev' set to be replaced
Eshan Bhatia
Eshan Bhatia, who was playing Ganesha in Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev, will soon be replaced by a plumper Alpesh Dhakan

We have heard about actors losing out on roles because they are overweight. But the reverse seems to be the case with Eshan Bhatia, who is playing Ganesha in Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev.

According to a reliable source, Eshan is getting replaced in the show because he is too thin to suit Ganesha's role. Actor Alpesh Dhakan will play the new Ganesha. Alpesh is much more healthier, and hence, was chosen for the role.

However, producer Nikhil Sinha denies it is a replacement. He says, "We are only trying to show a more mature Ganesha with Alpesh. There is nothing like fat or thin here. The character has to grow mature."

What's surprising is that Eshan and his family have no idea that he has been replaced. Says he, "What are you saying? I don't know anything about this. I am still doing the show."

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
He's smokin' hot! Meet Mohit Raina, the man scorching the small screen as Mahadev

He's the current Mr Popular of Indian television. Jammu boy Mohit Raina, 31, is raking in the TRPs and revving up the female fan count as Lord Shiva in Life OK's popular Devon ke Dev...Mahadev. t2 caught up with a very busy Mohit for a quick chat.

We've been trying to speak to you for months! You really have a hectic schedule...

We've been working round-the-clock for a long time. It's not really a problem for us. I really don't get tired of doing it as I love what I do. And I am not complaining at all!

Mahadev is the best thing to have happened to you...

Exactly two-and-a-half years back when STAR One was being relaunched as Life OK and they were makingMahadev, I did a screen test and they thought that I was the person to play Lord Shiva.

The journey since then has been beautiful. Initially we were not very clear how the makers wanted to project Lord Shiva, but now it has been almost two years and the story has been narrated in the simplest form, which everyone has connected to. I can relate to the character with ease now as I have been playing it for almost two years.

Were you initially apprehensive to play a mythological character, let alone a god, on screen ?

Well, initially, I was. But after that when I started meeting the makers and understood what exactly they had in mind and once I sat with them, I didn't have any doubts about playing Mahadev.

What do you attribute the show's success to?

The USP of the show is its story and the character of Lord Shiva, which has never been portrayed in this manner on screen. Every person can connect to that character in their own way. I have been hearing about Lord Shiva since childhood. The stories shown onMahadev reveal facts which were not showcased earlier, the viewers are hooked to them and now they want to know more about Lord Shiva. The story has been narrated in a simple manner and not been treated like a typical mythological show where you have a lot of over-the-top drama.

You have one of the best bodies in the business. With such a demanding schedule, how do you manage to keep so fit?

I follow a strict diet. I try and avoid carbohydrates post-sunset. I have a light meal in the evening. Just a soup or salad at night. During the day, I eat what I feel like. That's about it. And I go to the gym!

What's a typical day in your life like?

I get up in the morning, go to the gym where I spend around 45 minutes to an hour. Then I go for work at 10am which goes on till 9 or 10 or 11 at night, depending on how much work we need to finish in a given day. And then I go back home!

How do you react when people call you the sexiest god on screen?

Well... I just... (pauses) say thank you very much'. (Laughs) I don't have a choice!

What do you attribute your huge fan following to?

Television is a visual medium and your job is half done when you resemble the character you play. I guess what also worked in my favour was I did fit the bill of what they were looking for in the character of Mahadev. I was somewhere close to it. We worked on the looks and the hair locks and that is something people really like because I look like the calendar image of Lord Shiva!

How has life changed with Mahadev?

I started as a participant in Grasim Mr India in 2006. Then slowly, I started working in television shows and then Mahadev happened... a definite turning point in my career.

Post-Mahadev, there is no difference in me... I haven't changed much. The love that I have got from people is immense. Now they know who I am and love me for the character I play. They can relate to me but I am still the same, it's just that people have now started recognising and respecting me.

KNOW MOHIT

Was among the top five in Grasim Mr India 2006.

His debut TV show was STAR Plus's Antariksh: Ek Amar Katha.

Did the Bolly film Don Muthu Swami with Mithun Chakraborty.

As a teen, Mohit weighed 107kg.

Priyanka Chopra's aunt had reportedly shortlisted Mohit as a match for the Bolly actress!

A few months ago, there was talk of Mohit being approached to be a part of The Bachelorette India to woo Mallika Sherawat. 

Mohit has been said to be dating TV actress Mouni Roy, but the actor is tight-lipped about his relationship status. Mouni played Sati in Mahadev.

SUPER 6 WITH MOHIT

The fun part of playing Mahadev: I don't need to stand in a queue!

Favourite moment on the show: Putting Ganesha to sleep.

If not an actor: I don't know... I never gave it a thought... I always wanted to do this.

Best compliment for the show: There are loads. People have really been appreciating my work. I can't remember anything specific.

Fan reaction in public places: They are surprised. They can't see me behaving normally, I guess!

Message for Calcutta fans: Please call me there soon! I would like to visit your city.

Shweta Keshri 
Is Mohit Raina the hottest man on Indian TV? 
Tell [email protected]

Proud-India thumbnail
Jaya is all set to pour her acting prowess upon Life OK's popular mytho series, Mahadev (Triangle Films Company).
Said Jaya: "Yes I will be seen in Mahadev. I will be playing the role of Diti, one of Rishi Kashyap's wives. It will be a cameo and I am very happy to play the character. It's my Diwali gift. I like watching Mahadev and being a part of it gives me immense pleasure."

A source further added that Diti will be the mother of asuras. She will be of the opinion that she has been dealt in an inappropriate way when compared to her sister Aditi who is the mother of devas.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Jaya Bhattacharya as Diti in Mahadev!

Playing the role of mother of the Asurs, Jaya Bhattacharya makes an entry in Mahadev.

Monday, November 04, 2013 | 5:54:27 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: india-forums.com/tellybuzz  |   8 Comments  |  2554 Views

Jaya Bhattacharya who is playing the role of Mahamanga in Sony TV's popular showBharat Ka Veer Putra - Maharana Pratap is all set to enter Life OK's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev

She will play Diti, mother to the Asuras. Talking about her role, Jaya says, "Diti and Aditi are daughters of Daksh. Both are married to Rishi Kashyap. While Diti is the mother of Asurs, Aditi is mother to the Devs. Diti is filled with remorse as she feels that she has been dealt a shorthand by fate. She thinks that she should have been given more in all aspects of life, be it respect or position as the Asurs are considered lowly. She creates a big ruckus due to this feeling and even degrades Indra with her words till Mahadev imparts gyan to her."

Jaya feels that doing two shows will not be as difficult,"There is not much work in Maharana Pratap these days so it is easily managable. This is a cameo but a powerful individual character so I took it up. Also I wanted to be a part of this brilliant show."

Jaya who has already shot for couple of days may shoot with Mahadev (Mohit Raina) today and her entry will go on air any time now. 

We are sure despite this being a cameo for a month or two only, Jaya is sure to make an impact!

Seema Khot Mattoo
Proud-India thumbnail
Rubina Dilak [ Sita ] is now Jeannie in Sab TV'S show

Shivshakti too young to play Juju's Jeannie?

https://i.imgur.com/4PP8Pel.jpg
The almost finalised actress was apparently replaced at the last minute and Rubina Dilaik has been brought in

Actress Shivshakti Sachdeva, who was all set to step into Giaa Manek's shoes " as Jeannie in telly show Jeannie Aur Juju " is no longer a part of it. Rubina Dilaik, last seen in Punarvivaah and Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev, has been finalised for the role instead.

Says a source from the set of the show, "Shivshakti was perfect for the role, but we realised that she looked younger in front of Ali Asgar, the male lead of the show. Rubina, who was the first one to be approached to replace Giaa, has been roped in finally."

However, another source from the production house maintains, "That's not the reason why Shivshakti was replaced. Rubina was our first choice and we decided to go ahead with her."

It is to be remembered that Rubina had quit Punarvivaah and the makers had roped in Parul Chauhan to replace her. With Rubina replacing Giaa, all we can say is, history is repeating itself.

Rubina remained unavailable for comment.