Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
Mihir Mishra's first time in a mythological avatar
Mihir MishraMore Pics

Nikhil Sinha's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev is today's one of the popular shows every actor wants to be a part of.

Recently actor Mihir Mishra has been roped in to play King Dasharath. Mihir who is known for his memorable portrayal of a doctor in Sanjeevani is very excited to be part of successful show Mahadev.

"When the offer came I was very excited because in my long career I have never done any mythological character. So I took the challenge and I hope people will like it."

Right now Mihir is preparing for the great king's role and he feels looking right is going to be very important. "Last year I met with an accident. Post that I had to cut my exercise to almost nil. Since I was at home I used to eat a lot so the end result was that I put on a lot of weight. So my prime focus was to shed few calories (I was 75 kilos and target was 70 in a month)."

Mihir's wife Maninee was also part of Mahadev short while ago and he feels that is one comfort zone why he opted for this. "When Maninee was a part of Mahadev I used to watch the show and now also on and off I watch it. Dasharath was a great king who is also the father of one of the greatest king Ram." Does he find Dasarath to be soft-hearted? "Every human is weak hearted towards their kids and that shows in our life too."

On being asked if he read books on the subject he says, "I have read Trilogy on Shiv (by the famous author Amish Tripathi) and I did extensive research on Dasarth via Internet and books so I do justice to the character). My look is so different. People have mostly seen me as a doctor so this time they will surely be surprised to see me".

On being asked about the feedback he says, "People are liking my role. I am happy to be a part of a hit show like Mahadev."
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Raj Khanna enters Mahadev as Vishwamitra!

Raj Khanna, last seen in Balika Vadhu has been roped in to play the character of Vishwamitra in Life Ok's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 | 6:40:13 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   5 Comments  |  3542 Views

Raj Khanna, who was last seen in Sphere Origin'sBalika Vadhu on Colors and also seen in Sony TV'sChhajje Chhajje Ka Pyar is all set to be seen in Nikhil Sinha's popular mytho series Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev.

Our source says, "Raj will be seen playing the character of Vishwamitra in the show and he has already begun shooting for the character today onwards."

When contacted Raj, he confirmed the new saying, "Its feeling really good to be a part of this show. It's a very important role which I have got to play in the show and I am definitely going to enjoy myself by playing this character."

Anwesha Kama
l

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Silkina Kaur & Rohit Sagar to enter Mahadev

Vijaya Tiwari, TNN | Jul 18, 2013, 12.35 PM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
Have a Midwife Diploma?
GCU.edu/Bachelor-of-Nursing - Earn Your Nursing Bachelor Degree Online with GCU. Get Started Now!
Ads by Google
Silkina Kaur & Rohit Sagar to enter Mahadev
Silkina Kaur and Rohit SagarMore Pics
The new Ramayan track in Triangle Film Company's mythological saga Devon Ke Dev Mahadev on Life OK is witnessing new entries one after another.

After the entry of some promising names like Mihir Mishra, Jyoti Mukherjee, Mitika Sharma,Anushka Singh, the show will now see actorsSilkina Kaur and Rohit Sagar entering the show.

Sources inform that the upcoming episodes will highlight the story of Hanuman and actress Silkina Kaur seen in shows like Dharampatni,Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli, Aamna Saamna has been cast to play the role of Anjani, Hanuman mother whereas Rohit Sagar currently seen in Meri Bhabhi will essay the character of Lord Hanuman's father. Silkina has already started shooting for it from Yesterday (17 July 2013).

When contacted, Silkina confirmed the news and said, "Yes, I am doing Mahadev. It feels great to be a part of a show like Mahadev and I am looking forward to it."

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

"I am happy to be a part of Devon ke Dev... Mahadev!"

Says Rohit Sagar who will be seen in a cameo playing Lord Hanuman's father in the leading mythological show Devon ke Dev… Mahadev.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 | 3:40:18 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   2 Comments  |  118 Views

Rohit Sagar who will soon be seen in Ek Nanad ki Khushiyon ki Chhabi Meri Bhabhi will now also be seen in Nikhil Sinha's Devon ke Dev… Mahadev. His role is supposed to be a cameo. It will be part of the Ramayan track where he plays Lord Hanuman's father.

Rohit who has yet to start shooting for the show confirms, "Yes, I will be coming in as Lord Hanuman's father, Kesari. Today is the costume trial for the same after which I start shooting."

This is his first mythological show and Rohit agreed to do it since he feels the show is something different, "Devon ke Dev… Mahadev is a great show and I said ok to it because one – there is a growing trend of mythologicals happening and second – Nikhil Sinha's conviction of presenting the show is so different. All the credit for the show's success goes to him. The way the show is presented is something different. Even the promos that are shot actually have a meaning to it. It is a good value show and I am happy to be a part of it even if it is a cameo."

Earlier Rohit's better half, Shalini KapoorSagar who is currently seen in Qubool Hai, too is a part of Devon ke Dev… Mahadev as Rani Prasuti. Shalini has earlier too done mythologicals and played Maa Durga in the show Jai Maa Durga. So did she give any tips to him on working in mythologicals? "No, not exactly. Shalini has more work experience than me when it comes to doing TV and even mythologicals, but we don't give each other tips. We discuss the entertainment industry as well as acting in general."

Rohit's role in Meri Bhabhi too will get on track soon, "I feel the role is shaping up well as the character has started getting more importance now and I am happy about it" concludes Rohit.

Seema Khot Matto
o

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Are mythological shows the new game changers on television?

Priyam Saha

On July 19, 2013, 18:42

Even till a few years ago, doing anything other than the run off the mill saas-bahu saga was seen as a bold step. The nation couldn't get enough of their beloved Tulsis and Parvatis. But should we then ignore the fact that before the world of cable and digitization, the streets of the country were empty each Sunday morning in the late 80s, given Sampoorna Mahabharat on Doordarshan. We think it's safe to say that mythology in India has always been big; and now it's seemingly making a comeback on the small screen with makers willing to invest in such concepts.

Zee Tv's Ramayan has been doing fairly well on the scene. "Ramayan and Mahabharat are epics which have been part of our culture and are always going to exist. I feel it all boils down to having the right execution" says Nikhil Madhok, Vice President Marketing, Star India. Life Ok's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev has been consistently garnering high numbers and can easily be seen as a milestone in the careers of all those associated with it. But people from the industry swear by the content apparently. Ajit Thakur, GM Life Ok says "Mahadev was able to capture the viewer's attention not just because it's a mythological show but because of the right storyline, narratives and right casting."

Ajay Bhalwankar, head of content Zeel, shares Thakur's opinion "Relevant content works irrespective of whether it is a mythological show or historical." Apart from these myths being an integral part of our culture, we wonder if there's another agenda for these shows. According to Madhok, "it's a good way to keep the new generation in touch with our culture," Well, the popular opinion seems to be that, it's the content which goes beyond the genre. 

But are mythos a profitable bet? Suresh Mishra, Asst Director, Sahara One Media and Entertainment Ltd, informs us that they are. Jai Jai Bajrang Bali, their mythological show, has managed to get the channel good numbers and is running into its second successful year. He says "With Jai Jai Bajrang Bali, from its launch to now, we have only grown and picked up. It makes it clear that we have an avid audience for it."

It must be note that in spite of all the masala entertainment, people today still have a large appetite for mythology. Thakur says, "Mythology is very much a part of who we are as Indians and every story has the potential to bring the whole family together like no other story can. With Mahadev, we have taken the storytelling and treatment to the next level for any myth show in India. The look of the series is very different from anything seen before on Indian television." That's true. Mahadev's graphics have been an important factor in grabbing eyeballs. He further adds "Life OK has always been about stories that inspire the 'aam aadmi' and how we can make a difference to their lives. Every episode of Mahadev has something for us to learn from."

The makers have stressed on the fact that these shows are also a tool of making the youth of the country aware of our myths, culture and heritage. Looks like there's no going back to the saas-bahu sagas that were prodigies of the past and the mythological trend is here to stay! 

"Mohit used to be the most decent person on the sets"

Says Aasiya Kazi as she reminisces her shooting experience in Bandini with the now popular Mahadev - Mohit Raina …

Sunday, July 21, 2013 | 11:01:42 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   15 Comments  |  815 Views

Aasiya Kazi who was recently seen playing Shweta in Trilogy Media Pvt. Ltd's Hitler Didi, is on a break these days and looking forward to portray interesting roles further.

In a chat with the pretty actress, TellyBuzz learned that Aasiya wishes to essay the characters which will be remembered by the audiences, even after the show comes to an end. She further wishes that whatever character she gets to play but the show must do well.

Earlier in her career, Aasiya has also got a chance to work with Mahadev fame Mohit Raina inImagine's Bandini. Talking about the experience of working with Mohit, she said, "I remember the times when we were doing Bandini together, Mohit used to be quite and the most decent person on the sets. We all used to do lots of masti together but he used to talk very less on the sets. He used come on the sets and give his 100% to the work. When I get to know that he will be doing Mahadev, I congratulated him and wished him all the best for his show."

So does she watch Mahadev? "Yes, I do follow Mahadev at times. Mohit has come long way. He is a very good actor and it's good to see him grow as an actor. Mohit is giving his 100% to the show. The concept is very nice andMohit ne apni acting se usmein char chaand laga diye hain."

Currently even though Asiya is having a good time enjoying the lovely monsoon weather, she misses shooting for Hitler Didi as well.

"I used to share a great bond with everybody on the sets like Rati PandeySumit Vats, our director Vikram Ghai, the creative team and everyone on the sets. We are still in touch with each other," concludes Aasiya.

We hope to see you back soon Aasiya! 

Anwesha Kamal

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Namrata Thapa's slam book!

TellyBuzz brings to you the Sunday Celebrity Slam Book section with Namrata Thapa...

Sunday, July 21, 2013 | 11:11:01 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   7 Comments  |  365 Views

Namrata Thapa, who was recently seen playing the character of Pallavi in Ravi Ojha's Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan on Zee TV, spared time to answer our slam book questions… 

Birthday:9thAugust.

Nickname:Some calls me Nams and some calls me Nammo.

Sun Sign:Leo.

Hometown:Delhi.

Describe yourself:Acting is my passion. I am a big foodie and I love travelling. I love listening to music, watching movies in theatre and can't sit without work.

Strengths:My family and myself.

Weakness:Food (laughs).

What can easily impress you:A lovable person who is genuine from heart, down to earth and has a very clean soul. I hate two faced people.

Hobbies:Eating and travelling.

A cloud 9 moment for you:When I gifted diamond jewellery to my Mom. Another cloud 9 moment for me will be when I complete a world tour.

Do you believe in destiny:Very much.

Song you're humming these days:Tum Hi Ho from Aashqui 2 and Sawaar Loon from Lootera.

Any TV show you follow:Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev and Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 6.

An unforgettable day of your life:The day I was born. I am thankful to God for each day as every day is a blessing for me.

Describe your daily routine in short:I get up at 8 in the morning or else at7 amwhen I am shooting. I have juice followed by breakfast. I get busy with my household work or go for watching movies in a theatre. Sometimes, I cook food and then relax, watch serials in the evening and go to bed at12 midnight.

What's your favorite pass time during your free time on the sets:Gossiping with the people around or I spend some time on the net.

Craziest fan encounter so far:Few days back when I was doing Daastan, one of my fans mailed me saying, "You are doing good in Daastan and your on-screen husband is also good but we want you to be back with Sameer only. When can we see you back on-screen withSameer Dharmadhikari?"

Best compliment ever received:'I am a nice and genuine soul.' I like this compliment because it reflects my family background. I myself like people who are genuine and clean from the heart so if somebody compliments me for the same quality that I like in other people then it makes me feel happy.

Your inspiration:My Mom.

You're incomplete without:The Fire I have in me. I want to keep this fire on.

Message to your fans:Keep loving and praying for me.

Anwesha Kamal

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Chak De fame Seema Azmi in Mahadev

Vijaya Tiwari, TNN | Jul 22, 2013, 03.39 PM IST

One of the most anticipated Ramayan track has begun in Triangle Film Company's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev aired on Life OK.

And the upcoming episodes are expected to be full of exciting events and one amongst them is the entry Tarika, the Demon. 

Sources inform that talented theater personality and Chak De fame actress Seema Azmi has been cast to play the role of the demon, Tarika. The story will soon see Lord Ram and Laxman arriving at a forest which was ruled by the evil Tarika who terrorized the residents of the forest. Lord Ram will fight a war against her and will destroy her. 

When contacted, Seema Azmi remained unavailable for comment. 

A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Replacements rule prime time TV again
TNN | Jul 23, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

Female protagonists have become easily replaceable in prime time daily soaps

Tellytown has always firmly believed in following the tried and tested damage control formulas. So everytime a soap star discovers newer professional and personal priorities, (besides doing the daily show) producers resort to tweaking storylines and replacing the star without much ado. Here's a dekko at some faces who've moved away from the telly screens almost overnight causing eyelids to flutter in disbelief, while the shows continue to grapple for TRPs.

Anandi: Balika Vadhu
For health reasons, Pratyusha Banerjee opted out of her signature show Balika Vadhu shocking her fans. She went on to say that the showmakers weren't granting her 'leave' for visiting the home-town and as a result, she had no option but to quit. Pratyusha's exit landed actress Toral Rasputra, best remembered for her role in Kesariya Balam Aavo Hamare Des, the much coveted role. After initial hiccups, the show's raking in decent TRPs even though it is no longer the no.1 show on the channel.

Bharti: Sanskaar: Dharohar Apno Ki
A few months ago when Yashashri was signed up for Sanskaar... Dharohar Apno Ki opposite Jay Soni, she'd been promised a second lead slot, but the petite actress was taken aback when overnight her character turned negative. A visibly upset Yashashri reportedly was so fed up of being relegated to the background, didn't want to sport grey shades and chose to call it quits some weeks ago.The hazel eyed Supriya Kumari who was last seen as a replacement for Krishna Gokani in Looteri Dulhan,has stepped in as the new mean and manipulative Bharti.

Rano: Anamika
While Annie Gill is said to have quit the show owing to health reasons (where have we heard this before?), the buzz is that the actress was finding it hard to match up to her on screen nemesis Simran Kaur's screen presence and the sultry Simran was instrumental in Annie's untimely ouster. After a death track, Shivani Surve has walked in as the new protagonist who takes on the screen chudailin Anamika.

Parvati: Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev
Tagged as small screen's tantrum queen Sonarika Bhadoria surely seems to have tested the crew's patience for quite some time and was finally unceremoniously shown the door, even after she denied the rumours of quitting. Gorgeous Pooja Bose, last seen in Sarvagun Sampanna, got lucky as the new Parvati.

Exit Mode
Rubina Dilaik made a promising comeback on the very channel that had catapulted her to stardom three years ago. But her Ms Goody Two Shoes character of Divya in Punar Vivah Ek Nayi Umeed, could not connect to the audience and her role was scrapped. Playing a non dancer on a dance based show seemed to have taken its toll on Vrinda Dawda. After playing the shy Taani for a year, Vrinda apparently didn't really 'fit' in the storyline and was reportedly asked to 'leave' the show amid speculations.

—Compiled by Shruti Jambhekar
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
The hunt to play Lord Ram's younger brotherLaxman in Triangle Film Company's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev is finally over. The production house was in search for a suitable face to playLaxman in the much talked about Ramayan track.

And some reliable sources inform us that talented and charming actor Kunal Verma last seen in Rajan Shahi's Havan has been finalized to play Laxman's role.

Sources inform that after finalizing Piyush Sahdev as lord Ram, the production house was looking out for a suitable face to play Laxman and after auditioning several actors Kunal Verma was roped in. Kunal will begin shooting soon for the show. However, the production house hunt for Sita is still on.

When contacted, Kunal said, " Talks are in wuth the production house."