\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ - Page 43

Posted: 10 years ago

Pooja Bose starts shooting for Mahadev as the new Parvati

Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Jul 7, 2013, 01.04 PM IST

Pooja Bose starts shooting for Mahadev as the new Parvati
Pooja BoseMore Pics
There was lot of confusion and speculation about actress Sonarika Bhadoria being replaced by Pooja Bose to play the coveted role of Parvati in Nikhil Sinha's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev.

While Sonarika claimed otherwise and both the channel and the production house remained tightlipped about it, we have been informed that the replacement has finally happened.

Pooja has started shooting for the show as the new Parvati starting today. Along with her, many more characters will be introduced since the Ramayan track is opening up in the show. This will add freshness to the story and among the new addition, audiences will get to see a new Parvati.

Says an industry insider, "This replacement proves that no one is indispensible in the industry. This is not the first time that the lead has been replaced. Anuj Saxena in Kkusum, Smriti Irani and Amar Upadhyay in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi were all replaced for different reasons." Someone has rightly said that no matter what the show must go on.
A

Chasing stars

After all, what's a star without fans to applaud, cheer and, err, stalk them?

Stars and fans share a symbiotic relationship. For actors, fans are integral to their lives as they can make or break their careers. Case in point, when Barun Sobti quit Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, his fans threatened to not watch the show if another actor replaced him. The channel ultimately had to end it.

During Karan Singh Grover's recent trip to Jaipur, he came across a female fan who threatened to jump off Amer Fort if she wasn't allowed to meet him. Karan had to oblige. Mohit Raina'spopularity as Mahadev gets him kheer as an 'offering' from fans, who end up literally worshipping him. Another popular actor claims that a fan has named a star after him and even sent a certificate. Aman Varma used to get letters in blood while Shashank Vyas still gets calls at 3 am.

Hiten Tejwani feels that fans can get obsessive. They want to marry them or want spouses like them. But they are usually tongue-tied when they actually meet the stars. When people see Anas Rashid in T-shirts and jeans, they are surprised as the look isn't in keeping with his character Suraj, in Diya Aur Baati Hum.

On the Internet, fans fight frequently over their favourite actors. Some TV stars have, in fact, become social network sensations, even though you may not even recognise them if they were sitting at the next table at a coffee shop. NRIs, especially, feel a sense of kinship with stars and gush over them.

Who doesn't like attention? Actors do too. But fan frenzy can be irksome too, especially when actors are hounded in public. It's a vicious circle. After all, what's a star without fans to applaud, cheer and, err, stalk them?

I will not copy Sonarika: Pooja Bose

Akash Wadhwa, TNN | Jul 9, 2013, 02.07 PM IST

I will not copy Sonarika: Pooja Bose
Pooja BoseMore Pics
Pooja Bose, who has started shooting as the new Parvati for Devon Ke Dev Mahadev says that she is not going to copy Sonarika Bhadoria, who was earlier essaying the role of the Goddess.

"I will not copy Sonarika at all! I will be portraying the role in my own way and in my own body language," says Pooja.

Adding further she says, "Replacements have been happening on TV for a very long time. And this one should not come as a shocker to the audience. I will be trying my best to justify the role that I am given."

Mahadev's Parvati to be finally replaced !!

Time and again TV town has been replacing main lead faces for TRPs, popularity or just to curb their tantrum levels. This time it is Parvati aka Sonarika from Life OK's top show Devon Ke Dev- Mahadev. Yes, you read it right, after making rumours since May finally the production house has decided to replace Parvati from their show.

In her earlier interviews, Parvati had declined these rumours and said she is still in the show but now, this leading lady has been axed from her dream role which gave her immense popularity and love of her fans. Sources say that Sonarika needed hell lot of attention and always compared herself with the male protagonist Mohit Raina who plays Shiva. Sonarika's demands and frivolous tantrums were increasing day by day.

I know it is hard for Sonarika's fans to digest the news but friends, it is true.

Wondering who is replacing her?? So, the production house- Triangle Films has decided to rope in beautiful and graceful Pooja Bose. Pooja made her acting debut in Ekta Kapoor's show 'Kahani Hamaaray Mahabharat Kii' as Radha. Then she did another Ekta Kapoor's daily soap' Tujh Sang Preet Lagayi Sajna.' The show was a flop but everyone praised her.

Pooja will be playing Mahadev's Parvati. She was selected after a month long hunt by the Triangle Films. Since the show is ready for a long leap, it is the perfect time for the makers to bring in a new Parvati. Guess, Sonarika's loss is Pooja's gain! After all, it is one of the most popular characters on Television right now and anyone who gets in to her shoes is destined to rise in her career. Yes, to match up to the levels of Sonarika will be a huge task for Pooja as she has portrayed the role of Parvati very effectively.

Pooja was last seen in 'Sarvagunn Sampann' on NDTV Imagine. Then she kept a distance from  tinsel town and was busy working in Bengali films. Now, she is finally re-entering into the world of daily soaps.

Well, all we can say is Pooja beware of your demands and tantrums as nowadays it is very easy for the producers to show the exit doors to actors .

"Rani is addicted to Devon ke Dev. Mahadev!"

Says Rani Mukherjee's real life bhabhi, Jyoti Mukherjee who is happy with the positive response she got for her cameo in the show.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 | 12:01:42 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   1 Comments  |  237 Views

Jyoti Mukherjee cannot control her happiness as she talks about the response she has got for her cameo in Devon ke Dev. Mahadev on Life Ok. She now plans to do at least one show in a month. 

The cameo in Mahadev was just to test the waters she says as she makes a concrete decision to get back to her first love which is acting, "I have been away from the industry for the past eight years but still I would get at least one offer every month which I would promptly avoid since they would either be replacements or lengthy roles… but this one was supposed to be only couple of days of work so I gave a go-ahead. Also, I wanted to see whether I can do at least this much first before taking a plunge back into acting."

While she was away, Jyoti was busy being a full time mommy to her kids – seven year old Myeisha and four year old Viaan, "I am a hands-on mummy, taking care of their daily needs, doing the pick-up, drop and everything else. They were used to me being around all the time for them so it was a difficult decision for me to make."

Her children had never seen her acting so it was a different experience for them too. "My daughter, Myeisha was an angel. She was so supportive and excited for me. She had always seen only her bua (Rani Mukherjee) on screen and wanted to see me act too, whereas my son was least bothered! I even took Viaan to the sets once but he didn't like what I was doing and kept on insisting that I come out of my get-up, remove the make-up and go home with him. Even when the episode aired he didn't care much… as long his mom was sitting next to him, nothing else matters!" says the doting mother of two.

And how was her own experience? Did she find any changes while shooting? "The major change I thought was that everything is so TRP driven these days and thus a last minute job. There are no script or screenplay banks to know where the story is heading towards. The tracks change every day as per the TRPs. Otherwise rest all is same… the people around are the same and the timings are still erratic!" laughs Jyoti.

Jyoti who has played the role of Riddhi-Siddhi's mother in Devon ke Dev. Mahadev might be seen again whenever the story requires her character to come back, "I will be seen whenever the story demands, till then I am back to my happy family life" says Jyoti who is also happy with the response she got, "I am totally over whelmed with the amazing response I got for this. Almost everyone I know called, messaged and was happy for me. It feels great to be loved so much."

So does this mean we will see Jyoti back on TV soon? Has she got any exciting offers? "Yes, I have got couple of offers but I have so far not given a go-ahead to any. One of the offers needed me to shoot out of Mumbai for 20 days in a month which I was not ready for, so nothing as of now!" Jyoti says going by the trend she too is open to do roles where she has to play a mother to the main lead, "There is no age criteria on Television anymore. We see even 20-25 year old girls playing the role of a mother so for me who is a mother in real life too, I will never hesitate taking up that kind of role as long as the character is interesting and the story is appealing."

Jyoti has earlier acted in her husband's (Raja Mukherjee) serial Prratima when he used to have his own production house. However the couple is not keen to re-start it, "Raja is into direction now and quite happy to do that much and come back home. He has recently directed Pavitra Rishta and Bade Acche Lagter Hain but that's it" says Jyoti.

All these years Jyoti who is a qualified designer also developed a brand name for her kids clothes designer wear, "I started with retailing at a small outlet but then exhibitions happened and I have participated in various exhibitions all over India. Now, my clientele has grown and I am dealing directly with them." She however does not have any ambitions to make this business expand! Her plans are to work at a pace which makes it easy for her to give time to her family and especially her kids which are her priority now, "I am happy to keep my designing business at this level since now I am shifting my focus to my old work too. I don't want to do any juggling whether it is my business or my work as an actor. I will be happy doing one show and give 15-20 days in a month to shooting so that I give 10 days of quality time for my kids."

Her family which has been part of the entertainment industry has been her biggest support says Jyoti, "My husband Raja has always been supportive in whatever I have done so far. In fact, after my son was born he used to wonder what kept me away from acting. He was in fact waiting for me to get back to acting and was indeed very happy to see me take this up."

Even her famous sister-in-law Rani Mukherjee jumped when she got to know that Jyoti was offered Mahadev, "Rani loves the serial Devon ke Dev. Mahadev… so much so that she is addicted to it! She has to watch it daily and if she misses than we have to record it for her, she is such a big fan of the show! So when I told her about this offer she was like 'paanch din ho ya do din ka kaam, just do it'! Even otherwise she has always been a huge support… whether it was me working as an actor earlier or when I wanted to quit acting and be at home or now when I want to make a comeback" concludes Jyoti who is obviously one lucky lady.

Seema Khot Mattoo

Happy wedding anniversary to Smriti and Tarun Khanna!

Smriti Khanna and Tarun Khanna celebrate their 1st wedding anniversary today...

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 | 6:40:53 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   3 Comments  |  8962 Views

The mystery, On how love begins... The challenge, On how to make it stay... The magic, when it happens... - Happy 1st wedding anniversary.

The above lines stand true for our adorable couple of our telly town Smriti Khanna and Tarun Khanna who celebrate their 1st wedding anniversary today. Smriti Khanna is very well known through her performance in the Zee TV show Ghar Ki Laxmi Betiyaan and Tarun Khanna is currently seen playing the role of Ravan in Nikhil Sinha's mythological show Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev on Life OK.

For married couples, wedding anniversaries are special and this is no different for Smriti Khanna when we got in a conversation with her on this special day in her life. An excited Smriti said, "It is our first marriage anniversary and it is very special to me. I am sure the coming year anniversaries will be special too. I believe in the statement that marriages are made in heaven hence I and Tarun are the perfect jodi according to me. I have got the most loving, caring, understanding and a perfect husband. I could have never asked for anything more. I find myself lucky to find a life partner like Tarun. I am sure I must have done some good deeds earlier that I got Tarun in my life."

Distance makes the love grow stronger, "I am just back from Lucknow today morning and I haven't seen him yet as he is very busy shooting. I am not sad about the part that he is busy shooting as we both consider work as our priority. But I am waiting for the clock to turn 8 pm so that he will come back home. We have planned a candle light dinner and I am looking forward to it and spending some quality time along with him."

Its true that the wedding day will always be remembered, "All through the day till now I am just getting the flashback of our wedding which happened last year. I was excited as well as nervous at the same time. I was beautifully dressed in theshaadi ka joda and Tarun was looking handsome too. I still remember my friends telling me to behave like a Dulhan and saying that this is your real wedding and not reel. It was a fun time then, and the most unforgettable day in my life."

"I am just waiting for the surprise that I am gonna get at night. I am going to get my anniversary gift tonight (smiles). I know he is going to surprise me but I am waiting to see what it is going to be" concludes an excited Smriti.

We wish Smriti and Tarun Khanna a very happy wedding anniversary!

Krishma Solanki.

Samiksha Bhatnagar in Crime Patrol!

One more path breaking episode in Crime Patrol, this time featuring Samiksha Bhatnagar.

Friday, July 12, 2013 | 12:53:45 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   1 Comments  |  544 Views

Samiksha Bhatnagar who is currently seen as Gurpreet in Veera on Star Plus and is also part of Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev on Life OK as Ravan's wife Mandodari will now be seen in an episodic of crime Patrol on Sony TV.

Our source informs us that, "This time the story will revolve around a young girl who as an orphan will feel lost in a big city like Mumbai and doesn't know where her life is leading on. She will be poor and the way the young girl finds her way is what the episode is all about."

Samiksha will portray a major role in the episodic.

When contacted Samiksha Bhatnagar, she remained unavailable for the comment.

Keep reading this space for updates on your favorite shows..

Mohit is dedicated actor in the industry: Nikhil Sinha
Swasti Chatterjee, TNN | Jul 12, 2013, 01.41 PM IST

Mohit is dedicated actor in the industry: Nikhil Sinha
Mohit Raina

Nikhil Sinha's mythological show Devon Ke Dev Mahadev on Life OK is one show which has created the maximum ripples in the recent time. 

And actor Mohit Raina who has done shows before Mahadev came to limelight only after he started playing Lord Shiva. Everyone from the industry liked Mohit as Shiva a lot and he also put a lot of hard work.

When asked Nikhil says,"No doubt the casting of the show plays a big role in the success of the show.And Mohit is one dedicated actor in the industry who has proved himself as an actor. Playing a character like Shiva is not an easy job and when I cast him for the show I was confident that he will pull this one."

Nikhil selected Mohit for his typical Kashmiri nose and broad forehead which was apt for Lord Shiva's character. Recently in the show Mohit is playing three roles at a time. Why did he choose Mohit for doing that? "When we were thinking of two more characters Mohit came to my mind automatically as I have no doubt on his caliber and then he also took the initiative and took the plunge. In my career I have seen few hard working actors and Mohit is undoubtedly one of them."

I Had Given Notice Three Months Ago: Sonarika Bhadoria

Mumbai:   TV actress Sonarika Bhadoria, who played Parvati in mythological drama show "Devon Ke Dev Mahadev", says she had put down her papers three months back, but stayed on when producers promised a salary hike. However, she says when the makers failed to fulfil their promise, they sent her a termination mail, forcing her to bow out.But the producers have a different story to tell.

"Three months ago I had given a notice that I would be leaving the show as I was getting good offers. I didn't want to continue playing Parvati," Sonarika told .

"But then I had a talk with the head of production. We narrowed down to one thing that is monetary matter. They were willing to give me a good amount of money, so I continued shooting," she added.

While she had been promised a hike, there were rumours that Nikhil Sinha, producer and series director, was planning to replace her with another actress.

"When I approached them (producers about the rumours), they asked me to chill. As far as I know, Pooja (Bose) was to play Sita, so I was very confident about it. Hence, I told the media that I am playing Parvati," said Sonarika, who played the character for more than a year.

One day she got a call from the head of production saying that the amount that was decided earlier is out of their budget.

"He told me that whatever amount was decided, I can't give that much as it's out of budget. I felt cheated because they told me at the last moment. I was asked to take a decision whether to continue with the show or not. I asked for some time," she said.

"On July 7 late night, I got a termination mail. I had to give my decision by morning. When I woke up, my staff called me and said there was a new girl on the set who had started shooting," she added.

The termination mail and replacement news came as a shock for the 20-year-old, but she got over it soon.

Now she has got a new hair cut and she is spending time with her family and friends.

"I feel happy as somewhere down the line I wanted to quit. It's not that I am devastated. I feel free. When I was acting as Parvati, I didn't get my hair cut for a year. The first thing I did after I got the news was visit a spa and then get a new hair cut. Now, I have fringes, which I really wanted," said Sonarika.

Post the incident, she is neither bitter, nor does she hold any grudge against the show producer or the channel.

She won't mind taking up TV assignments as long as they are interesting, but her focus right now is films. A dance reality show would also work as she loves dancing.

When contacted, Sinha said that Sonarika did put down her papers three months back.

But added that "her contract was initially for two years and there was no exit clause".

"Eventually she didn't want to continue for whatever reasons. Then she put down her papers. We had a chat with her and we agreed upon certain amount of money," Sinha told .

As the amount demanded by Sonarika didn't go down well with the producer, both parties decided to call it quits.

"The discussion was done May end and since she was happy with the offer, she continued with the show. Her contract ended around June 12. She asked for a hike, which was

unheard of. We had discussed money part and she was given a good raise but, the hike she asked for was unprecedented. So obviously we didn't have that kind of budget," Sinha said.

"We called her and told her we can't offer you this kind of money… We gave her a choice and later she called and said she can't work with this budget and called it quits," he added.

http://tellynewsindia.wordpress.com/2013/07/13/i-had-given-notice-three-months-ago-sonarika-bhadoria/

I had given notice three months ago: Sonarika Bhadoria

TV actress Sonarika Bhadoria, who played Parvati in the mythological drama show "Devon ke Dev Mahadev", says she had put down her papers three months back, but stayed on when producers promised a salary hike.

Saturday, July 13, 2013 | 1:05:59 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   2 Comments  |  507 Views

TV actress Sonarika Bhadoria, who played Parvati in mythological drama show "Devon ke Dev Mahadev", says she had put down her papers three months back, but stayed on when producers promised a salary hike. However, she says when the makers failed to fulfil their promise, they sent her a termination mail, forcing her to bow out. But the producers have a different story to tell.

"Three months ago I had given a notice that I would be leaving the show as I was getting good offers. I didn't want to continue playing Parvati," Sonarika told IANS.

"But then I had a talk with the head of production. We narrowed down on one thing that is monetary matter. They were willing to give me a good amount of money, so I continued shooting," she added.

While she had been promised a hike, there were rumours that Nikhil Sinha, producer and series director, was planning to replace her with another actress.

"When I approached them (producers about the rumours), they asked me to chill. As far as I know, Pooja (Bose) was to play Sita, so I was very confident about it. Hence, I told the media that I am playing Parvati," said Sonarika, who played the character for more than a year.

One day she got a call from the head of production saying that the amount that was decided earlier is out of their budget.

"He told me that whatever amount was decided, I can't give that much as it's out of budget. I felt cheated because they told me at the last moment. I was asked to take a decision whether to continue with the show or not. I asked for some time," she said.

"On July 7 late night, I got a termination mail. I had to give my decision by morning. When I woke up, my staff called me and said there was a new girl on the set who had started shooting," she added.

The termination mail and replacement news came as a shock for the 20-year-old, but she got over it soon.

Now she has got a new hair cut and she is spending time with her family and friends.

"I feel happy as somewhere down the line I wanted to quit. It's not that I am devastated. I feel free. When I was acting as Parvati, I didn't get my hair cut for a year. The first thing I did after I got the news was visit a spa and then get a new hair cut. Now, I have fringes, which I really wanted," said Sonarika.

Post the incident, she is neither bitter, nor does she hold any grudge against the show producer or the channel.

She won't mind taking up TV assignments as long as they are interesting, but her focus right now is films. A dance reality show would also work as she loves dancing.

When contacted, Sinha said that Sonarika did put down her papers three months back.

But added that "her contract was initially for two years and there was no exit clause".

"Eventually she didn't want to continue for whatever reasons. Then she put down her papers. We had a chat with her and we agreed upon certain amount of money," Sinha told IANS.

As the amount demanded by Sonarika didn't go down well with the producer, both parties decided to call it quits.

"The discussion was done in May end and since she was happy with the offer, she continued with the show. Her contract ended around June 12. She asked for a hike, which was unheard of. We had discussed the money part and she was given a good raise but, the hike she asked for was unprecedented. So obviously we didn't have that kind of budget," Sinha said.

"We called her and told her we can't offer you this kind of money... We gave her a choice and later she called and said she can't work with this budget and called it quits," he added