Frequent Posters

A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Usha Poudel & Abhidnya Bhave in race for Sumitra's role
Stuti Agarwal, TNN | Jun 30, 2013, 06.15 PM IST

Usha Poudel & Abhidnya Bhave in race for Sumitra's role
Usha Poudel and Abhidnya Bhave

TV actress' Usha Poudel and Abhidnya Bhaveare in the run for the role of Sumitra in Life Ok's popular serial Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev.

Nepali actress Usha Poudel, who was last seen as Kajal in Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna and has appeared in some episodes of Adaalat, has been approached to play the role of Sumitrawas the third wife of Dashrath. Dashrath will be portrayed by Mihir Mishra.

Abhidnya Bhave, who was a part of Love U Zindagi that aired on Star Plus, too has been approached for the same role. Watch this space for more.
A-A-S thumbnail
Gauri Harmit Kaur as Kaushalya in Mahadev?
Stuti Agarwal, TNN | Jul 1, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

Gauri Harmit Kaur as Kaushalya in Mahadev?
Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

Gauri Harmit Kaur, who has been a part of mythological serials like Meera andDwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna, has been approached to play Kaushalya in Nikhil Sinha's Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev on Life Ok

Small time TV actress Anushkaa Singh has also been approached to play the same role. Kaushalya was the mother of Lord Ram, so whichever actress is selected will have to portray the role of Piyush Sahdev's mother. Let's see who manages to bag the role.

In another development, actor B Shantanu has been finalized for the role of Sage Vishwamitra.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Hot TV damsels: Joya, Sonorika Bhadoria, Diya Aur Baati Hum's Sandhya, Gunjan of Sapne Suhane...

Published by: Deepak Rana 
Published on: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 at 07:16 IST

Mumbai: Television has lately emerged as a most popular medium of entertainment and the TV industry has taken a paradigm shift since its beginning. Working in daily soap has become one of the most lucrative order of the time and actors from the TV are making big in terms of popularity and road to Bollywood. Some of the below mentioned actors enjoy huge fan following after a low affair debut.

Surbhi Jyoti: Surbhi Jyoti (born 29 May 1988) is an actress, theatre actor and TV anchor. Surbhi Jyoti was a popular face of Punjabi movies and Punjabi soap operas befor landing a role in current hot Qubool Hai. She is popular for playing the lead role in Zee TV's soap opera Qubool Hai as Zoya Farooqui. Her love triangle or love story is the most talked about topic among serial fans.

Sonarika Bhadoria- This damsel is counted among one of the hottest small screen with the chartbuster popularity of mythological serial Devon Ke Dev- Mahadev.

Sonarika Bhadoria (born between 1989-1994) is popularly known for her role of Parvati on Life OK's daily soap where she pairs the equally popular Mohit Raina as Lord Shiva.

Sonarika debuted in the television show Tum Dena Saath Mera that aired on Life OK in 2011.

Before that she was to play the lead role in Rajan Shahi's untitled serial which never happened. 
After Tum Dena Saath Mera she was cast in the show Devon Ke Dev – Mahadev as Parvati. After the death of Sati (Mouni Roy), she was introduced as the daughter of King Himavan (Pankaj Dheer) and his wife Mainavati (Shilpa Tulaskar).

Deepika Singh- Deepika Singh is nowadays enjoying her stint as Sandhya in the Star Plus's daily soap opera, Diya Aur Baati Hum.

Singh made her dbut in the Star Plus series Diya Aur Baati Hum playing the role of Sandhya who is a 
fun-loving, spirited young girl who aspires of becoming an IPS Officer, but due to some strained circumstances, she ends up getting married to a sweet shop owner played by Anas Rashid, who then, unconditionally supports her in her journey.

Roopal Tyagi- Rupal Tyagi is best known for her role of Gunjan in Zee TV's popular show Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

I am the only Parvati for Mahadev: Sonarika

Akash Wadhwa, TNN | Jul 2, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

Sonarika Bhadoria denies her exit from the serial Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev

Lucknow girl Sonarika Bhadoria has been in news ever since she started doing one of the top TRP ganrners on TV, Devon Ke Dev ... Mahadev (DKD). But of late, the actress has been in the news for all the wrong reasons - her tantrums on the sets and her threats to quit the show.

If rumours are to be believed, Sonarika has been shown the door and replaced by another TV actress, Pooja Bose. "It is funny that while I am continuously shooting for DKD and the sequences to come in the next month, there is news of me quitting the show," laughs Sonarika.

She adds, "Let me clear this forever that I'm the only Parvati for DKDand no one else. Why would I quit DKD? Yes I am playing a mother to three grown up kids, but I am still shown as 16 on the show. I am not wearing glasses and I don't have a single grey hair. My character is that of an immortal. Godess Parvati will always remain 16 on the show, bhale hi mere grandchildren kyun na aa jaye. So, I don't have a problem there," she says.

Ask her about her tantrums on the sets and she says, "Mere andar ek Rajput ka khoon daud raha hai toh it is but obvious ki mujhe gussa aata hai, haan main muhphat bhi hoon, jo dil mein hai, woh zubaan pe. But I have been like that ever since I joined DKD and the makers have never had a problem with me. They have always treated me like a kid. No matter what professional rapport I might share with them, but let me tell you that I have a very good personal rapport with them. Kaam karte-karte thodi bahut toh problems aati rehti hain, and it is there in every field, but that doesn't mean ki the producers will show me the door. No, not at all."

We wonder then what are the reasons for these rumours and Sonarika comes up with a valid reason: "The only reason I can think of is that recently my contract got renewed and also I got to know from someone that Pooja was approached for the role of Sita. So, everyone just linked the two things. Also, even if I had to quit DKD ever, I will do that happily, magar aisa hai nahi abhi," she says.

All these rumours might be baseless but they have been quite disturbing for Sonarika. "My family is very upset, especially my dad. I have had sleepless nights because of all this confusion. My phone has been continuously ringing. I was also fearing that this might create a rift between the show producers and me, but thankfully aisa nahi hua," she says.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Jyoti Mukerji makes a comeback with a cameo in Devon ke Dev. Mahadev!

Jyoti Mukerji, once a popular face on Indian Television will be soon seen entering the popular mythological serial Devon ke Dev. Mahadev on Life Ok. She will be playing mother to the duo Riddhi - Siddhi.

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 | 1:11:08 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   2 Comments  |  494 Views

Jyoti Mukerji who was on a self-imposed sabbatical for almost eight years during which she took care of her kids and family is all geared up for her comeback. The dusky beauty has earlier acted in serials, one of her prominent role was as the main lead in one of the popular prime time show on Sahara One, Prratima produced by her husband Raja Mukerji which also starred Anuj Saxena andKirron Kher.

Married to Raja Mukerji, the popular Bollywood actress Rani Mukherjee's brother, Jyoti's career took a back seat after she gave birth to her daughter Myesha and son Viaan. Not only was she a hands on mother all this time she also used her educational qualifications to pursue a business of her own.

Jyoti who has a degree in Fashion and Apparel went on to launch her own line of kids couture. She operates her business under the brand name Jyoti Mukerji Kids Couture and is a known name now as a designer and stylist for kids wear.

But as they say, once an actor, always an actor! Jyoti who managed to stay away from the limelight for all these years is now back on Indian Television to do a cameo as Riddhi-Siddhi's mother for Devon ke Dev. Mahadev. We got this exclusive pic where she is dressed in her outfit for the shoot and is looking just the way she did when she last appeared on-screen almost eight years back.

We tried calling Jyoti but could not get through to her.

Keep reading TellyBuzz for more updates.

Seema Khot Matto
o

A-A-S thumbnail
Rani Mukherjee's bhabhi Jyoti in Mahadev
Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Jul 2, 2013, 02.45 PM IST

Rani Mukherjee's bhabhi Jyoti in Mahadev
Jyoti Mukherjee

While her sister-in-law Rani Mukherjee is busy sizzling on the 70 mm screen, actress Jyoti Mukherjee is all set to make a cameo appearance in Nikhil Sinha's popular mythological show, Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

She will play Riddhi and Siddhi's mother in the show. Jyoti is returning to the tube eight years after her show titled Pratima on Sahara One ended in June, 2005. Says the actress, "I am returning to acting after eight long years. I was contemplating to get back to work since the past on year. But I didn't want to take up a lot of work since I have two kids and want to spend quality time with them. This role was good enough as it requires me to shoot for only 15 days."

Like Jyoti, her family is equally excited about her becoming a part of the show. She says, "My family is overwhelmed as this is the only show they watch."

Talking about her sister-in-law Rani, the actress adds, "She also watches the show. She has always been very supportive during all my endeavors. She supported me even when i was on a break."
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

When East meets the West...

Should Indian Television depict traditional Indian values or ape the Western serials is the debate here.

Thursday, July 04, 2013 | 6:17:37 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   11 Comments  |  916 Views

Today, westernization and modernization has hit our lives so hard. Specifically, when we talk about India, we get to see the perfect blend of East meeting the West. Our Indian women who used to be seen sari all year round have been affected by this modern Western world immensely. Leaving behind sarees just for some special occasions, they have easily adapted the culture of jeans and skirts.

When we are talking about westernization and modernization affecting our Indian women, we also find that our Indian men are not left behind in this race. Be it a nuclear family or a joint family, our Indian men have perfectly managed to handle home and work. They are not ashamed anymore of lending a helping hand to their wives, mothers or sisters too.

Having said that, we cannot forget the way Indian media has been influenced by the West; be it the daily soaps, the youth channels or the news hour. Ah! All of them so west-like!!

India imitates the West...

Having numerous amount of shows being directed and produced in India catering to all sets of audiences, but still why is it that some set of the audience are so hooked to the western shows? Is it the western culture or the modern clothes or the use of slangs? Greys Anatomy, Rissoli and Isles, Friends, Two and a Half men, Big Bang Theory are some of the highly viewed western shows in India. But if we go to see, our Indian directors, producers and writers have not failed in getting the modern culture in the Indian daily soaps.

Miley Jab Hum TumDill Mill GayyeLove Ne Milla Di Jodi are some apt examples of Indian culture being fused with the west. Such shows are largely made for the youth who like watching the Western shows. While if we have to compare these shows with the other Indian daily soaps that portray deep culture of India, they have the minimal position on the TRP charts. Right from the dialogues, to delivering the dialogues to clothing and relationships showed on screen, be it anything, the Western shows are far more modern than what we see in our Indian shows.

However, keeping all this in mind, we also have shows like MTV Roadies and Splitsvilla which are doing really well, if we have to talk about the youths watching such kind of shows. There is this constant battle going on between the shows of the East and shows of the West. 

Apara Mehta, popularly known as Savita Virani from an iconic show Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi said, "Indian television shows are projecting a culture which we want to see. But reality is far more different than this. Our shows should be near reality if not real. It is too cliched. Today women are educated, independent, and career-oriented. They don't like being within the four walls of the house. They have a job. India has progressed a lot. Our shows are far away from reality and practicality."

Indian shows acting like the mirror to the society...

As it is said that all that glitters is not gold and all that is white is not milk similarly, all that attracts us may not lead us to Rome. Modernization and culture are two notches that people are constantly and perpetually battling for. There are certain sections of the Indian society who see our daily soap with much enthusiasm. These strata of audience fail to understand that these daily soaps are actually acting as a mirror to our society - The Real India! The Actual India!!

Kokila Modi (Rupal Patel) from Saath Nibhana Saathiya fame is shown to be a strict and stern saas but she is the one who always stand for the truth, knows what is right and what is wrong. Akshara (Hina Khan) from Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hain fame is portraying a very sensitive, emotional and family-oriented woman, these qualities of help her to take decisions which are fruitful and beneficial to the family. Moreover, Sandhya (Deepika Singh) from Diya Aur Bati Hum is someone who's fighting all the odds and taking all the criticism from her family members to become an IPS officer and Anandi (Toral Rasputra) from Balika Vadhu fame is shown as a woman who's overcome all the savagery situations and is now an independent, self-reliable woman.

Devo Ke Dev. Mahadev too is a show which is doing extremely well on the TRP charts. Mahadev is one perfect example which shows the correct blend and balance of mythology and modern western techniques of editing. Shows like Parvarish, Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha, Bade Achche Lagte Hain are doing a magnificent job on the TRP charts. But despite of all these things the question arises, why are these shows globally and internationally acknowledged but have least value in the eyes of certain section of people? All these shows are very much rooted to our culture. The purity and simplicity amongst the relations portrayed is the topmost thing that attracts the viewers.

Our Indian culture which is lost somewhere because of this high pace of growth and change in lifestyle help people connect to their own roots and grounds. Rajan Shahi, Directors Kut Production, said "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hain and Kuch Toh Log Kahege, both the shows are very Indian. These shows have specially hit the abroad audience. Such shows are a reflection of the society. There should always be a proper balance of culturalism and modernity. Akshara is a very shy woman who is educated and likes serving for the family whereas Naitik is a modern guy. The Indian audience are very simple and emotional people. Relations can be complex but emotions come first. As Indians, family is very important to us. Such shows do really well internationally."

Large number of population are still viewing these shows and it is not at all surprising that they get inspired too. Today, the mother-in-law is giving entire freedom to her daughter-in-law to go out in the world and work.

This comparison between the shows of the West and Indian daily soaps will have no end. But is it not good to have shows that keep us grounded and close to our culture or some amount of change in the way of portraying shows is likable and affordable? Opinions may vary but as viewers and audiences of these shows, what is your take over that?

Upasana Patel

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Ravan proposes Mandodari for marriage!

Samiksha Bhatnagar's enters as Mandodari in Mahadev and Ravan and Mandodari get married...

Saturday, July 06, 2013 | 3:02:22 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   2 Comments  |  258 Views

Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev on Life OK on is currently witnessing Ganesh and Kartikeiya's marriage afterwhich there will be huge drama that will unfold. As reported earlier Samiksha Bhatnagar will enter the show as Mandodari who will entice Ravan.

Our source informs us that, "Ganesh's (Eshan Bhatai) wedding is on, after which Kartikeya's (Rushiraj Pawar) marriage will also be shown. Next Mahadev will have an electrifying sequence when Ravan (Tarun Khanna) will meet Mandodari (Samiksha Bhatnagar) for the first time and he will be mesmerized by her beautiful and divine looks."

"On the other hand, Ravan will propose marriage to Mandodari and they will get married. Mahadev (Mohit Raina) will also attend Ravan's marriage" ends the source.

When contacted Samiksha Bhatnagar she remained unavailable for any comment.

This particular episode is scheduled for telecast on Monday.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

I love Mahadev : Mitika Sharma

Actress Mitika Sharma expresses her excitement as she is soon going to be seen in Life OK's super hit show Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev

Saturday, July 06, 2013 | 7:01:42 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   4 Comments  |  2856 Views

Life OK's much popular show Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev which has been appreciated by the audiences is soon going to witness a fresh new chapter following a Ramayana track.

The recent buzz is that television actressMitika Sharma has been roped in to play the character of Rani Sunanya. Mitika Sharmawho debuted with Ekta Kapoor's show Kavyanjali , is best remembered for playing a negative role in her last show Santaan.

However, after playing the role for quite a long time the actress took a break and now wishes to try out something different, as she fears of getting typecast.

In conversation with TellyBuzz, the actress says, "In my past few shows, I have been appreciated for my negative roles that I played consequently. However, now I want to grow as an actor and want to experiment by playing different characters."

The very beautiful actress also says, "As an actor I have got different shades to perform, so I consider myself very fortunate to have bagged the role of Rani Sunanya. But somewhere down my heart, there will always be a fear as to what if people don't accept me back in a positive role."

Mitika also went on to say, "The role which I have been offered in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadevcomes naturally to me as I'm an optimistic person in real life too."

Talking about the show, she says, "I have been a true follower of this mythological show since day one. Frankly speaking, I love Mahadev and I have watched all the episodes so far. So when I got a call from the production house, I was very happy and excited. I tend to fit into the requirements needed for Sunanya's character as I play the role of a young mother of Sita. However, to be associated with such a big production house is a grand affair altogether."

The shoot for Rani Sunanya's story is going to begin tentatively from tomorrow.

We at TellyBuzz wish the pretty actress all the good luck for her come-back
!

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

"I never got de-moralized" Samiksha Bhatnagar

The actress says acting is her passion and her struggle and hard-work have paid off well!

Sunday, July 07, 2013 | 11:15:51 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   1 Comments  |  616 Views

Samiksha Bhatnagar is a beautiful and sensuous actress who was earlier seen inBaal Veer on SAB TV, and is currently seen as Gurpreet in Veera on Star Plus. Now she will be entering the popular serial, Devon Ke Dev Mahadev on Life OK as Mandodari.

The road to so many shows hasn't been easy for an actress who was earlier clueless about the industry.
In conversation with TellyBuzz, Samiksha gets candid and shares her journey throughout, "I never thought I would ever do such diverse roles since I never dreamt of becoming an actor. It all started suddenly and the journey just went ahead with speed. For me every show that I have done till date has been special to me. Having no godfather in the industry, I have struggled a lot, gave auditions, didn't get selected but never got de-moralized, as for me acting is my passion and nothing stopped me from taking it up or trying hard."

When asked her about what went wrong with Baal Veer Samiksha reflects, "To be honest I had nothing much to do in the show. I decided to quit although I have learnt a lot in the show, the amount of special effects that they use, the co-ordination for a show which has special effects is commendable."

About Veera she says, "Moving on to Veera, my character has been widely appreciated. I thank my fans for the same and as of now I am just waiting for some lead roles and some good projects to come my way. I don't want to do roles in which I just play a character role. It should be meaty enough for me to portray my acting skills. I am thankful to producer Yash Patnaik for believing in me and also giving me a wide platform to perform."

She is content with her work and says, "Talking about future projects, I haven't decided on anything as such. Let's see what is in store for the future." she concluded.

Here's wishing Samiksha all the very best for her future endeavors
!