Posted: 11 years ago

Mahadev CDs to launch in Market soon!

By Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Dec 13, 2012, 04.44 PM IST
Share More
A
A
Mahadev CDs to launch in Market soon!
Mahadev
Here comes a piece of good news, especially for Mahadev fans. Now that the show has reached its height and has marked a niche in Indian Television, the makers (( Triangle Film Company) and the channel (Life OK) have thought of making the journey of Mahadev memorable by bringing out a series of Mahadev in a CD format. 

Yes, you heard it correct, now your favorite episodes of Devo Ke Dev Mahadev will be available in the market soon. Probably, the CD would be complied of those special episodes happened till now and the entire Sati Phase. 

Confirming on the same Ajit Thaku, General Manager of Life OK says, " I am always bombarded with questions on making Mahadev as a movie but today I would like to announce that soon the audiences will get a CD of Mahadev available in the markets." 

Way to go Mahadev!!! 
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Punjabi kudi Neelam Sivia, who has landed the coveted role of Anushka Sarkar's daughter, Anika, in Kya Hua Tera Vaada talks to CT about life, career and more... 

What is Anika like? 

Anika has many shades to her. She is an extremely glamorous girl who is based abroad, but she carries a lot of baggage. I won't say she's a grey character, but she has a lot of hatred in her for some people and there's always a reason behind it. 

Do you have anything in common with your character? 

Anika and I have a similar sense of style. But I don't connect with all the negativity in her, like all the jealousy and hatred. I'm much the opposite. 

Buzz is that the character is so negative that many actors refused the role before it came to you... 

I did not really think of it. My career has just begun and I'm trying to get into the drill. Eventually, Anika will change, but I love her. I'm getting to portray so many shades to a person. The character will help me evolve as an actor. 

Tell us about your early life... 

I was born and brought up in Copenhagen, Denmark, and I started modelling since I was 15. I had come to India during a vacation to meet my sister, who was working here. I stayed here for a month and went back home. But phir mera mann nahi lag raha tha, so I convinced my dad that I wanted to go and take up modelling in India. Initially, he was sceptical, but then he agreed. I came to India and started auditioning and then, Anika happened to me. 

Are you excited about your first soap? What is the reaction of your family? 

I'm totally excited, but nervous too. My parents back in Denmark are super excited to see me. 

What is your favourite pastime? 

I like watching crime thrillers on TV. My favourite actors are Karan Singh Grover and Mohit Raina.
I like adventure sports, swimming and gymming. And I'm learning Kathak now.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Li'l Ganesha's mask on its way from Canada

By Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Dec 17, 2012, 12.13 PM IST
More
A
A
Li'l Ganesha's mask on its way from Canada
Sadhil Kapoor as Ganesh in Mahadev

RELATED

Yesterday, (16th December, 2012), Life OK along with the audiences witnessed the arrival of Lord Ganesha. Yes, you guessed it correct; we are talking about Devo Ke Dev Mahadev, the most celebrated show which is ruling millions of hearts. 

Now, lets talk about the actor Sadhil Kapoor, who is portraying the character of little Ganesha in the show. A source says that the current applied Ganesha mask is just a temporary one and sometimes create lot of problems for the child. But the pain is temporary for the kid as the makers have called for a special mask from Hollywood, which wouldn't be a problem to apply and confiscate." 

When asked about the same, Ajit Thakur, the general manager of Life OK shared, "We know that the current mask applied to the kid is temporary one and we have called for another mask which will be more comfortable to wear. The new mask will take little time to arrive as it is on its way to India from Canada." 

All we can say is bear some more time Sadhil, the new mask is on its way!!! 

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev: Lord Ganesh is a foodie in real life

By Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Dec 18, 2012, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
More
A
A
Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev: Lord Ganesh is a foodie in real life
Sadhil Kapoor
Eight-year-old Sadhil Kapoor, currently seen inDevon Ke Dev... Mahadev as Lord Ganesh, is much like the revered Hindu God; he's a foodie too. In fact, he cannot resist 'laddoo'. 

The production house was not aware of Sadhil's fondness for the sweet. They realised it only during the shoot, when Lord Ganesh was required to eat laddoos for a scene. 

While some sweets were kept in a plate in front of Sadhil, the remaining were stored in a basket. But to everyone's surprise, the child artiste finished almost all the laddoos. 

His father Kunal Kapoor says, "He is extremely fond of laddoos and doesn't eat any other mithai. I have to stop him from over-indulging." 

Isn't it a tailor-made role for Sadhil?
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

For Mohit, fitness is a way of life

By Swasti Chatterjee, TNN | Dec 17, 2012, 06.00 PM IST
For Mohit, fitness is a way of life
Mohit Raina
Mohit Raina who plays the title role in Nikhil Sinha's Devon Mein Dev Mahadev is quite a fitness freak in real life. 

On asking what fitness means to him he says, "For me fitness is not only having a good physique but it is the overall lifestyle which I follow in my life. It's not just about having a perfect body. I also believe in positive mental attitude. A person should have positive attitude in his life and it will thus reflect on a healthy lifestyle. Also fitness means a lot of mental strength for me because it's the mind who takes all the decisions." 

The actor also meditates in the morning when he gets time. "I believe in eating the right kind of food at the right time. Many people think that dieting is starving yourself. But that is never a right way to control your diet. Starvation ruins certain systems in our body. In breakfast I eat scrambled eggs with brown bread and baked beans. For lunch I eat homemade food like brown rice, chicken and daal. And for dinner I eat early and thus prefer salads and soups. I just love rajma-chawal. I miss eating that often in my life. What you eat is important and what is eating you is equally important," he adds.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Sizzing Jodis of TV-Whiich One You Like the Most?

You know when I was told to write on TV jodis I was bit baffled!!! I mean .. look at 'em .. they are just sooo puurrfect!!! How can I praise them with someone when I all I want these hotties assigned to myself. Each one of you want a chunk of these hunks and hotties!! There are literally millions of gals who keep praying to God for a husband hot like Vivian or Gurmeet or Barun.

Ahaan Greedy gals... Sadly they have been assigned to someone else in the real life and reel life too!! And greed never pays back in good ... so here I am praising them with an envy but a wishing heart. Let's take a tour of the best TV jodis life.

Barun Sobti & Sanaya IraniThis was undoubtedly the jodi that ruled the small screen all through the year. I have already written zillion times and once more, in times coming, I don't think any other couple would be loved as much as "ASR and Khushi."

One was rustic the other was arrogant and one was sweet the other one was too tight lipped to even smile. Still they fell in love with each other and audience with them. The way Arnav bear Khushi's nuisances, her new tasks and her whims it was hilarious to see what she put him through and Arnav surviving another Khushi day.

Gurmeet Chaudhary & Kratika Sengar Have you heard of "silent affair"? That is what "Yash & Aarti" are upto as a "Punar Vivahit" couple. Parents of three kids, they have a budding love story between them and surprisingly, being parent only adds to the classic tale of love.

The most lovable part for them is their silent vows and support for each other. Yash with his bare chest looks has finally been able to woo Aarti with his love and Yash is too head over heels for his saree clad simple wifey!!!

Vivian D' Sena & Drashti Dhami Their chemistry was "anything but a couple" when they stormed on the screen. Immense hatred, a zeal to kill each other and vowing never to let live happily was their motto in the beginning. But Cupid was finally successful in striking RK and Madhubala.

Both soon fell in love, though still elbowing each other on the way but banging heads in love rather than swords. Their love hate relationship has finally come to truce in love.

Madhu is the one RK was looking whole his life and found solace in her selfless and pious love. The way they look at each other says it all that they found life-mates!

Mohit Raina & Sonarika Bhadoria This couple is the most respected on TV. Who would dare to beat the divine couple ofShiv & Parvati. Mohit and Sonarika look just like cut out for the characters and while astonishing their chemistry is, they have been successful to make an impact on the screen which had never been done before in the mythological serials.

These two complete each other in the serial and their chemistry is stupendous. When they come together on TV, it just lights get brighter.

Karan Singh Grover & Surbhi Jyoti Asad and Zoya are newbies on the block. They are yet to discover their feelings for each other but I'm sure in coming time we will witness some momentous love for each other.

Zoya and Asad are sure to emerge as one of the favorite jodis of 2013.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
a xero news article

amit pachori better knwn as tantya tope of jhansi ki raani certainely needs no introduction . from an angry parshuram to a gentle tantya , amit has successfully been entertaining the masses . and now he is back to his best with newly launched colors mythological show where he plays lord shiva . 

Talking about his character he says that he feels blessed to play lord shiva the second time . He endlessly thanks sagars who considered him suitable for the role . he continues that he loves playing mahadev and he has learnt alot by enacting shiva .

When quizzed about mahadev , a show on shiva . He says that mohit is enacting the role very well . kudos to him for doing so . he ends up saying that he too wanted to act in the show and was even offered to essay the role of shivas greatest ever devottee RAVAAN .

Ask him what went wrong he quotes , I feel that sagars had been a huge reason of my success . so , when they asked me to play shiva in durga i couldnt say no . 

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

The tube rediscovers mythological shows

Friday, December 21, 2012 | 12:40:18 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    13 Comments
The tube rediscovers mythological shows

It's a known fact that viewers crave for a daily dose of high voltage "saas-bahu" sagas, but this year they seem to have acquired a taste for mythological shows like "Devon Ka Dev Mahadev". And what makes such shows more delectable

devon ke dev.. mahadev

It's a known fact that viewers crave for a daily dose of high voltage "saas-bahu" sagas, but this year they seem to have acquired a taste for mythological shows like "Devon Ka Dev Mahadev". And what makes such shows more delectable is the use of computer-generated visual effects, their makers say.

Other than Life OK's "Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev", parallel running shows include a new "Ramayan" on Zee TV and "Jai Jai Jai Bajrangbali" on Sahara One.

Ajit Thakur, head of the Life Ok channel, told IANS that "Mahadev" is the outcome of their endeavour to avoid the trap of typical dramas and do something different.

"When we started with Life Ok, we wanted to do something different from the regular saas-bahu sagas. Plus, we wanted to do something topical, which is relevant to society. The story of 'Mahadev' is relevant today. It talks about today's topics and everyone can connect with it," he said.

This is not the first time that mythological shows have become a hit on tube. Who can forget the days of Ramanand Sagar's "Ramayan" and B.R. Chopra's "Mahabharat" when streets used to empty out when they were aired?

But after that, viewers shifted their focus to saas-bahu sagas, fiction, reality and crime shows. This year, however, mythological shows have come full circle.

Many think such shows are a sure shot success recipe. But digging out new and engrossing stories from the manuscripts is a Herculean task for the makers.

Ramanand Sagar's son Moti Sagar, the producer of the new version of "Ramayan", reasoned if audiences don't find anything fresh in the story, they wouldn't watch the show.

"The show must be accepted by the audience. It should not be like a re-run. It is very important to maintain the freshness in the shows," he said.

Nikhil Sinha, the producer of "Mahadev", agreed. He felt the show became popular because it has been presented with a different perspective.

"The show has to be unique... the novelty factor is important. The way we have told Lord Shiva's life story hasn't been told before. 'Mahadev' has audiences of all age groups. Young audiences also love it. People don't want to miss a single episode. The feedback has really been encouraging," he said.

And what's more, the use of advanced technologies enhances the backdrop, making a show interesting and engrossing.

"Advancement in technology has helped in making things look more authentic. It surely helps. VFX are very good these days. We are using the latest technology and techniques," Sagar told IANS, stressing that "editing is very important".

Thakur agreed that computer graphics have added zing to "Mahadev".

"To make it different, we have used a lot of computer graphics. It has worked for us, but I must say even we were surprised with the success," he said.

So far so good.

But with television audiences changing preferences, uncertainty looms over the popularity of the genre.

"The genre has become successful after 'Mahadev' got accepted and people want to see such shows. Channels want to take such shows on, but for how long this genre will stay is not known," Sagar said.

Ambiguity notwithstanding, the current popularity of these shows helped open the floodgates, eventually prompting other channels to also air new mythological shows. One of the recent ones is "Jai Jagjanani Maa Durga" that went on air Dec 17 on Colors.

There are said to be more such shows in the pipeline.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

About Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Type: Mythological series based on Hindu Lord Shiva.

Story Base: Journey of Lord Shiva from a hermit to a house holder.

Original Channel : Life OK

Air Time: Every Weekday at 08:00 PM (IST)

Running Time: 22 minutes (Approx)

Background:

I am very happy to review 'Devon ke dev Mahadev' for second time. I thank all DKDM readers for huge response to my last review. Those who have not read it can click here.Remember that this is Running review. This means that Serial is On AiR and this review may be changed after completion of serial.

Acting:

As usual, Mahit Raina is delivering best out of him. Sonarika Bhadoria suits Mohit justifying the character of Devi Parvati. Apart from Mahadev and Parvati I would like to mention 3 best characters for their outstanding performance.

1. Saurabh Raj as Lord Vishnu

2. Raj Premi as Demon Tarakasur

2. Manoj Kolhatkar as sage Dadhichi

Heart of the series Mohit Raina is playing outstanding performance as Mahadev in lead role. Looking at other characters, Sonarika Bhadoria (who was not so impressive for me during her initial days) is also performing great. I can't believe that she is just 18 years old! All previous actors are performing well. They are very impressive. But I am disappointed with casting of new characters introduced after Sonarika. Except Ashnoor Kaur (as Ashokasundari), I am a bit upset with Senapati Kartikeya and Young Vinayak's character. There is no doubt about their acting talent but those characters could be symbolized in better way.

I still like Lord Vishnu's smile. If possible, please publish HD wallpapers of Vishnu, Brahma and other god and goddess.

Songs and Music:

Luminious sound of "Shiiivaaa…." still keeps me waiting for next slot of the serial. I congratulate Sandeep Mukherjee, Kartik, and composer duo Inder Bawra and Sunny Bawra for wonderful composion and background music. Young Vinayak's Naughty background music is amusing and entertaining.

Script:

As it is mythological theme based series, there is no scope to add extra masala. Actually, I was not introduced with Ashokasundari before DKDM in any mythological series. It seems like Mihit Bhutia, Brij Mohan Pandey and Subrat Sinha had deep research in Bodhisattva.

Dialogues:

Generally, mythological serials have boring kind of dialogues due to influence of Sanskrit words into them. As I said earlier, language pack for Mahadev is mixed with some Hindi words which give ease of understanding with same quality content. In last month, especially in November and December I found lack of Sanskrit words in some of the dialogues. I request makers to make dialogues more qualitative.

Length:

I am fully satisfied with tempo. Not too boring and not too fast. It's perfect. Kali avatar, Senapati Kartikey' and Ashok Sundari's life has been represented within faultless time scale.

Bottom Line:

Devon Ke Dev Mahadev is homage to the great culture and philosophy of Hinduism.

External Links:

Official website of Life OK Channel 

Mohit Raina Fan Page on Facebook

Karpuura-Gauram Karunna-Avataaram
Samsaara-Saaram Bhujage[a-I]ndra-Haaram |
Sadaa-Vasantam Hrdaya-Aravinde
Bhavam Bhavaanii-Sahitam Namaami ||

Meaning:
1: Pure White like Camphor, an manifestation of sympathy,
2: The spirit of experienced survival, Whose Garland is the King of Serpents,
3: Always house inside the Lotus of the Heart.
4: I Bow to Shiva and Shakti Together.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
This column stopped reviewing news channels a long time back. Neither am I an ardent fan of news channels. But there are occasions when I am thankful that they're there, warts and all. The horrific Delhi gang rape is a case in point.

The relentless coverage (except when it was
interrupted by the Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh election results) not only echoed the nation's rage and anguish; it also put pressure on the police and politicians to actually do something, instead of just mouthing platitudes and then moving on in the comfort of their official cars with red lights and sirens. No Yadav buses for them. All the coverage on all the channels may not have been ideal, but that doesn't matter.

All that matters is that they were there - and will continue to be there I hope - to give a voice to the fury of ordinary people and to say that 'enough is enough.' If it were not for the media, even a gang rape as terrible as this one would have been forgotten by our politicians in no time. The truth is that only when it is under severe, unrelenting pressure does the sarkar act.

Back in the world of our entertainment channels, nothing very much was going on. Colors has begun a new mythological serial, Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga (a bit of tragic irony there). The serial is made by the Sagars, who have for long been the TV industry's go-to guys when it comes to mythological/religious serials. I wish I could say something nice about the show but I can't.

The first major problem with Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga (or any desi mythological show for that matter) is that the special effects are so amateurish, even a schoolboy could probably conjure up better on his home PC. I understand that our shows can't quite do a Lord of the Rings, but even so, the special effects often border on the comical.

Sometimes this can be countered with decent acting and dialogue. But in Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga even these - so far - are tacky and clichd. There's Maa Durga in her heavenly abode, with a permanent beatific smile on her face, even when her subjects are being killed below on earth.

Yes, we get it, she will intervene at some stage, but maybe she can at least change her expression to suit the unfolding events, especially when the events are so awful. I do believe that in recent times the only mythological show that has worked is Devon Ke Dev Mahadev on Life OK. The effects here too are pretty cringe-making but the music and acting are both good.

After a long time, I tried to watch Bigg Boss (Colors) and I am happy to report that nothing has changed in that house in the last 70-odd days. Inhabitants are still doing one or some or all of the following (a) fighting and bickering (b) crying (c) bitching about each other (d) executing completely useless tasks set by the production house, I mean Bigg Boss. Sorry, even Salman Khan's presence doesn't help much.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Television/Thank-goodness-for-news-channels/Article1-979165.aspx