Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Fans want to touch my feet: Sonarika Bhadoria

Sonarika Bhadoria never thought that her popularity as Parvati in Nikhil Sinha's TV show Mahadev would be so overwhelming.

That too when it's just her second show. However, some of the fan behaviour makes her uncomfortable. She says, "The love and the respect I get from people is great, but when I meet people and they try to touch my feet, I feel really awkward. The elderly folks ask for my blessings, which totally stumps me."

There are the sweet fans too. Sonarika narrates an example. "Recently my school teacher called to say his friend is pregnant and she keeps looking at my photo as she wants a daughter like me. Another fan gifted me an assortment of chewing gum, because he saw me chewing gum during a TV interview. That was really cute and I can only thank my fans for the love and support."

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

After CGM's Rishiraj, Manish Wadhwa in Mahadev

After CGM's Rishiraj, Manish Wadhwa in Mahadev
Manish Wadhwa
Off late, Rishiraj Pawar, who claimed fame through Imagine TV's Chandragupta Mauryamade his entry in Life OK's Devo Ke Dev Mahadev as Shiv Putra Kartikeya. Now, one more CGM member is set to enter this Life OK's mythological show. 

The latest update suggests that soon in Mahadev, the story of Lankapati Raavan will be narrated, No! No! There would be no Ramayan in Mahadev but here the makers would put light on the journey of Raavan as the biggest Shiva Bhakt

Raavana's story would be focused according to Shiva's ( Mohit Raina) point of view till the period Raavan gained a boon from Shiva of being immortal. The show Mahadev being famous for its casting abilities, the only question arise is that who will essay Raavan? 

Well we have the answer, to essay the role of Raavan, the makers have roped in Manish Wadhwa, last seen in Chandragupta Maurya as Chanakya. 

When contacted, Manish Wadhwa states, " Talks are on but its almost done. It's a good opportunity to essay Raavan after Chanakya." 

Get ready to witness a shiv bhakt Raavan in Mahadev soon. 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/After-CGMs-Rishiraj-Manish-Wadhwa-in-Mahadev/articleshow/17140604.cms
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
REEL MAGIC 

Some prime time characters have become so iconic that theyve found a strong connect with their fans 

Compiled by Shruti Jambhekar 

ARNAV AND KHUSHI,ISS PYAAR KO KYA NAAM DOON 

The love story of suave biz tycoon Arnav Singh Raizada and the Lucknow girl Khushi Kumari Gupta is the stuff TRP history is made of.This telly version of Mills & Boon romance,Iss Pyaar Ko... catapulted Barun Sobti and Sanaya Irani to s u p e r s t a rd o m almost overnight and made them the hottest screen couple whose sizzling ch e m i s t r y made their show a TRPtripper.

RAM AND PRIYA,BADE ACHCHE LAGTE HAIN 

Ram Kapoor and Sakshi Tanwar surely know the fine art of getting into the skin of characters they do.As Ram Kapoor and Priya Sharma of Bade Achche Lagte Hain,they look so convincing in their roles it is tough to remember the last characters they played! Even their (almost) lip-lock and intimate scenes went viral overnight.Their awesome chemistry and effortless performances have added to the TRPs of the show.

AKSHARA,YEH RISHTA KYA KEHLATA HAI 

Hina Khan is living the role of Akshara for over three years in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai.As the Akshara whos been looked up to as the ideal bahu has gently transformed from a docile wife,to a woman whos fighting to save her marriage.Despite the tearjerking act,her friendly smile has a heartwarming impact on her audience.

JETHALAL AND DAYA,TAARAK MEHTA KA OOLTAH CHASHMAH

Together they create a laugh riot for their devoted fans.As Jethabhai and Daya in Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah,Dilip Joshi and Disha Vakani have clearly become small screens cutest funny faces.Dilip,a veteran on small screen is now a household name for his comic turn in the show,while Dishas crackling laughter and her Hindi tinged with Gujarati dialect,had made a much loved character.The 
1000 episode show continues to bank 
on their combined ability to tickle 
you pink.

GOPI VAHU,SAATH NIBHANA SAATHIYA 

For Devoleena Bhattacharjee,it was a tough task to step in Saath Nibhana Saathiya when she replaced Giaa Manek two months ago.But,Devoleena has proved that the character is more important than a star.She subtly recreated Gopi Vahu as the docile and dutiful daughter-inlaw and the audiences seem to have accepted her in their living rooms.Talk of suspension of disbelief! 

VIRAJ,DIL SE DI DUA... SAUBHAGYAVATI BHAV 

As Viraj in Dil Se Di Dua... Saubhagyavati Bhav,Karanvir Bohra has made sure that greys the most coveted colour to flaunt on television.At a time when male actors have to struggle for screen space,Karanvir as the obsessive and abusive husband sends shivers down your spine with 
his mean sneer 
and evil smirk.

MANAV AND ARCHANA,PAVITRA RISHTA 

Manav Deshmukh and Archana of Pavitra Rishta are your average married couple.Only their old marriage (seen over three chronological years in real time) has been a bumpy ride choc-a-bloc with twists and turns,but finally they are together.Ankita Lokhande has breathed so much life to the character of Archana that many in real life mistakingly call her Archana Lokhande! Hiten Tejwani,who replaced Sushant Singh Rajput in the same role a year and half ago has since found his feet in the show and all seems to be right in this rishta! 

MAHADEV,DEVON KE DEV... MAHADEV 

Mohit Raina in Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev used to be a relatively new face until he slipped on the divine garb and found stardom.The wellbuilt actor has since floored the audiences with his crooked smile,and his new screen identity has given the show the required eyeballs too! Being divine sure pays off ! 

ANANDI,BALIKA VADHU 

Does anyone know whos Pratyusha Banerjee As Anandi of Balika Vadhu this Jamshedpur girl is a star in her own right and is best known as her screen character.However,it hasnt been easy to win the audiences heart as the grown up Anandi (considering Avika Gor was much loved as the child Anandi),Pratyushas girl next door charm seems to have worked on her audience who love the new beti on the GEC block.

Sanaya Irani and Barun Sobti 

Ram Kapoor and Sakshi Tanwar 

Dilip Joshi and Disha Vakani 

Devoleena Bhattacharjee 

Karanvir Bohra 

Mohit Raina 

Pratyusha Banerjee 

Hiten Tejwani and Ankita Lokhande 

[Previous] Ahmedabad Times [Next]

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

What's brewing?

Mohit Raina clams up when questioned about his 'friendship' with Mouni Roy

They say where there's smoke there's fire. And when a popular television actor clams shut when questioned about his friendship with a co-star, it seems there's more to the picture than meets the eye.

Mohit Raina, who has been doing a great job playing Lord Shiva in Life OK's mythological serial Mahadev, is a tough cookie. He evades publicity and even after he agrees to talk, instead of refusing to comment on his personal life, terminates the interview.

When asked about his chemistry with both the leading ladies on the show Mouni Roy and Sonarika Bhadoria, he says, "I think both of them play their parts correctly. It is up to the audiences to decide which one they like better. As an actor, the pairing with a co-star doesn't matter. The audience has to like the pair."

Though viewers love the pair of Sonarika, as Parvati, with Mohit, they appreciated Mouni's role as Sati in the show much more, which led to the rumours that the two were dating each other. Is it true? "I don't what to say about it. We are co-stars and good friends. That's it," Mohit says.

Apparently, the duo still keep in touch, but instead of answering the question, Mohit ended the interview saying he thought we would be talking about the Amrit Manthan track, which will be aired on the show. "I don't like answering personal questions," he says.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

I am not in showbiz to make money: Sonarika

By Navya Malini, TNN | Nov 13, 2012, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
More
A
A
READ MORE Sonarika Bhadoria|Devon Ke Dev Mahadev|Mouni Roy
I am not in showbiz to make money: Sonarika
Sonarika Bhadoria
According to telly actress Sonarika Bhadoria, the adrenaline rush that TV offers is simply out of the world. And, at the moment, Sonarika appears to be enjoying the roller coaster ride that she's embarked on. Like other aspiring young stars striving to make a cut in the world of showbiz, Sonarika too, has her goals quite well drafted. However, one aspect that Sonarika is quite clear about — to not to succumb to the fear of failure. 

"I believe in living the moment and not thinking too much about what will happen in the future," says Sonarika who feels talent finds its own way when it comes to getting noticed. Sonarika, who plays Parvati in the daily mythological show, Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, feels at this juncture there is no fear of getting typecast with the kind of role she is currently doing. "I don't think I will be typecast because of my current role. Offers came pouring in, but want to do one thing at a time," says Sonarika. 

About the on-screen challenges, the actress says, "Mouni (Roy) had set such a high level with her performance as Sati that the audience couldn't just imagine Parvati played by any other actor other than her. The benchmark that Mouni had set was difficult to break. It was a trying situation where I gave my best to stand apart. It is my adaptability that let me weather the challenges." 
For Sonarika, shooting "continuously is in fact, fun. The long hours of shooting do not bother me as I enjoy every moment of it. No doubt the role is time consuming, but I enjoy being soaked in this kind of work which does not give you even an inch of space to think anything else," says the actress. 

While Sonarika's father, according to the actress was particular about having a stable future, she says, "Mom never had any apprehension about my pursuing my dream to become an actress. All she wanted was that I should have a stable career." 

The actress is equally keen on pursuing her studies. "I want to continue my studies because they are important as well," she says adding, "I am not in showbiz for money. Even though there is uncertainty in any profession, one should prepare for any kind of outcome is what I strongly believe in. And that's why it's wiser to play safe in the entertainment industry."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/I-am-not-in-showbiz-to-make-money-Sonarika/articleshow/17194587.cms

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
YRF films based on Shiva's Life-Anirudh Pathak
By Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Nov 14, 2012, 01.14 PM IST

Life OK's Devo Ke Dev Mahadev, showcases lord Shiva's life from being a hermit to a householder. Now in the recent held press conference, the creative producer of the show Anirudh Pathak shared his observations on the life of lord Shiva and stated that most of the Yash Raj Films are inspired and taken from the life of Lord Shiva. How? Well he even gave the explanation. 

"Though Yash Chopra is no more with us, his films were some how inspired and taken from the life of lord Shiva," states Anirudh Pathak.

He further went on explaining, "Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge (DDLJ) was inspired by Sati Phase, where characters essayed by Amrish Puri, Kajol and Shah Rukh Khan could related with Prajapati Daksh, Sati and Mahadev respectively. "

"In fact the storyline too is same if noticed that one happy go lucky person falls in love with an obedient daughters, whose father gets against their love affair," he signs off.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/YRF-films-based-on-Shivas-Life-Anirudh-Pathak/articleshow/17214783.cms
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Mahadev finds Ganesha in Sadhil Kapoor?

By Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Nov 15, 2012, 12.44 PM IST

Mahadev finds Ganesha in Sadhil Kapoor?
Sadhil Kapoor
Triangle Films Company's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev on Life OK is undoubtedly winning millions of hearts with every passing day. Its presentation, perfect cast and delivery of contemporary thoughts through mythology are something which is appealing the audiences most.

Mahadev's ( Mohit Raina) journey from being a hermit to household saw the entry of Shiv Putra Kartikeya in Rishiraj Pawar. Now, once again a new major entry is expected to take place after Kartikeya. Any guesses???

Yes! It's none other than our favorurite lord Ganesha. Co-Producer, Nikhil Sinha in the recently held press conference stated that lord Ganesha in Mahadev will be a major leap of the show and the character will be showcased unlikely to what it has been showed in other mythological shows.

To do justice to the character, the makers have roped in child actor Sadhil Kapoor, last seen in shows like Bhai Bhayya Aur Brother, Chintu Chinki Aur Badmash Company and is also currently on TV for Surf Excel Ad which says 'Daag Acche Hain'.

All our efforts to reach Sadhil Kapoor were vain.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Mahadev-finds-Ganesha-in-Sadhil-Kapoor/articleshow/17226111.cms
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

"I can just go on talking about books": Mouni Roy

Thursday, November 15, 2012 | 3:19:43 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    0 Comments
"I can just go on talking about books": Mouni Roy

Tellybuzz in conversation with Mouni Roy who essays the role of Meera in Junoon - Aisi Nafrat, toh Kaisa Ishq on Life OK….

Do you think that Junoon - Aisi Nafrat, toh Kaisa Ishq is a radically different love story?

Yes, it is surely a very different love story. Not only is the love story different but the story, screenplay and plot are very varying. In fact that is why I took up this role.

Did you prepare for this role?

In TV you don't get much time to prepare for the role. Nevertheless I had met the writers a couple of times and had talked at length about this role with my producer Mamta Patnaik.

Do you think it is a challenge to play this role?

It is surely a challenge to play this role as Meera isn't like me at all. I have thought a lot about her character to be able to execute it properly and have tried to understand her nuances. Initially Meera was in her shell. She is a sweet and cute girl and not brutal, even when she is shouting or screaming.

Prithvi may be a nice man at heart but he is very rough with Meera. No girl should put up with rough behavior. I do think both of them will fall in love. What is your take on that?

You don't know as yet as to what is going to happen on the show so please wait and watch. Prithvi is standing up for his values, the man who he regards as God and has saved his life.

How was your experience of playing Sati on Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev?

It was a great experience. I looked nice on the show and also had conviction and hold over that role.

Are you open to doing films both Hindi and Bengali?

Right now I am very busy with Junoon - Aisi Nafrat, toh Kaisa Ishq and my dance shows. Therefore as of now I just don't have the time to do films. However I am open to it in future when I have the time.

You are an English literature major. Who are your favourite authors who write in English?

I have many favourite authors. I can just go on talking about books. Authors I like include Jane Austen, D.H.Lawrence, Charlotte Bronte, Amitabh Ghosh, Salman Rushdie, Aravind Adiga, Ken Follett etc.

Today is Bhai Dooj. Do you have a brother? Are you celebrating the festival?

Not really as my brother lives in my hometown. I however did call him in the morning and will also be sending him gifts. He is 11 years younger than me.  It is my day off today- I will be relaxing as I have after all been working very hard.

Do you have a boyfriend now?

No I don't. Henceforth for any personal questions I will say 'no comments'. Please don't ask me personal questions.

Author and Reporter: Pallavi Bhattacharya

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

I don't believe in being friends with my ex: Mouni

By Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Nov 17, 2012, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
More
A
A
READ MORE YES|Suave|Friends|Yash Patnaik|Meera
I don't believe in being friends with my ex: Mouni
Mouni Roy
TV actress Mouni Roy fields questions on her exGaurav Chopra, budding friendship with co-star Mohit 'Mahadev' Raina and her new character,Meera

You were all set to tie the knot with Gaurav Chopra. What went wrong?
I don't want to talk about my personal life. It's nobody's business.

Do you think you can be friends with your ex?
No, I don't believe in being friends with my ex.

So, what does it take to sweep you off your feet?
The guy has to be Suave, well-spoken and must have a great personality. He must be fairly well-to-do. I really believe in the concept of 'your money is my money and my money is also my money'. At some point in life, I would want to quit working.

'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' is the only show as prominent as 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi'. What went wrong after Kyunki...?
I was eighteen-and-a-half when I did Kyunki and when you are that young, you don't understand certain things. I felt burdened at that time. Sometimes, I feel I could have done two to three more shows, but I wouldn't be what I am. When I recall my Kyunki...days, I wonder what I was thinking then. I just couldn't keep up with the erratic shooting schedule. I kept refusing daily soaps for almost eight months. I even declined Devon.... I was sceptical, as it was a mythological show. I didn't want to get typecast, but my producers Suhana and Nikhil Sinha were persistent and I agreed eventually.

With whom does Mahadev share a better chemistry ' Sati or Parvati?
I shared a better chemistry with Mohit than Sonarika. If you are asking about me, I am going to choose myself over anybody.

There were rumours that you and Mohit were more than just friends.
They were only rumours. Mohit and I are extremely fond of each other.

Tell us about the person you are.
I want to get married early and have kids. I don't want to struggle in life. I'm a very spiritual person and I believe in eat, pray and love. I am very simple. I can be foolish and this could be one reason why I am taken for granted at times. I did everything very fast in life. I was born premature and was only 16 when I joined college. Acting happened by chance. Given an opportunity to live my life once again, I would only dance.

You are often perceived as arrogant.
YES, I'm arrogant, which isn't bad. It's good that the media doesn't approach me easily. I don't like undue publicity and don't want to be in the news for the wrong reasons. Fortunately or unfortunately, I was dating a guy because of whom I was always in the news.

Have you become politically correct?
Oh, yes. I am quite a chatterbox, but I have realised that it is easy to shout from a rooftop, while it takes a lot to be silent. And it pays off in the long run.

Tell us about Meera, your character in Yash Patnaik's 'Junoon'.
Unlike me, Meera is a go-getter. Also, while she makes things happen, I either wait for them to happen or just let it be. She takes her relationships seriously and is particularly possessive about her mother. I take my parents for granted, because I know they are always there for me.
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Colors has announced the launch of Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga in the 7pm slot. While Life Ok's Mahadev continues its successful run at 8pm slot and Zee's Ramayan on the Sunday morning band also garners average viewership, afaqs! speaks to experts about the prospects of the new property.

While mythology was considered best suited for Sunday morning, Life Ok's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev was the first one to create hope for the evening time band in the genre. Recently, Colors has announced the launch of its mythological series, Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga in the 7 pm slot, replacing its daily soap, Kairi Rishta Khatta Meetha.

The show, produced by Sagar Pictures, the makers of Ramayan, Alif Laila and Shri Krishna, will showcase the avatars of goddess Durga in the various stages of her life.

The scheduling benefit

Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga

Is the channel running the show too early in the evening?

"Keeping the Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities in mind, the 7 pm slot is perfect," responds Divya Radhakrishnan, managing director, Helios Media.

Ashwini Kamath, general manager, Mediacom, Mumbai, seconds this and adds that 7 pm could be too early for the metros but in smaller towns, people tune into television as early as 6:30 pm.

It may be noted that some of the top rated shows have been featured on the early evening prime time slots, like Saathiya on Star Plus, which occupies the 6:30 pm band and Sasural Simar Ka on Colors at the 7:30 pm band.

Radhakrishnan adds that with this, the channel could be trying to build up the evening prime time series, with Sasural Simar Ka at 7:30 pm and BalikaVadhu at 8 pm. If the mythological property does well, it will be a chance for the channel to build up its audience base, starting 7 pm.

Vidhu Sagar, executive vice-president, Carat Media India opines that it has always been difficult to stretch the prime-time band in either direction: "We must note that the early prime time slots, that is, pre-8 pm, haven't been doing as well as the prime time. It is not easy to bring the traction to this time band."

Boon or bane?

The show is slated to be launched on a time slot that is just an hour before the telecast of Life Ok's mythological property, Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, at 8 pm.

Marketers strongly believe that Colors, despite being one of the top Hindi GECs, has not had a mythological show in its portfolio of late and this addition to the bouquet may be good for the channel. Also, some believe that Mahadev could actually drive the popularity of the new show, Durga and Shiva being deeply connected in Indian mythology.

Others say that the competition may even pull the viewership down due to the loyalty that Mahadev has garnered since its launch.

However, industry observers unanimously agree that one has to wait and watch the treatment given to the show. Sagar of Carat explains, "It is quite possible that the new show is well scripted and the production quality could be at par with that of Mahadev."

Radhakrishnan adds that inclusion of the new genre in the portfolio should help the channel to stand as a complete packaged GEC.

Kamath of Mediacom adds, "There are chances that both Mahadev and Durga are able to create their separate sets of viewers and not eat into each other's space. Mahadev excels not because of its genre but because of its storytelling. So may the new show."

The fatigue factor

Could this be a case of too much of a good thing - could two daily mythologicals lead to an overdose for viewers?

Citing the example of family fiction soaps, Radhakrishnan says that such serials are the best examples of a genre not entering into the fatigue zone, and adds that the experience of the mythological genre could be similar.

Giving the advertisers' perspective, media experts say that a genre or time band really doesn't decide on the rates, premiums or preferences of the money spenders. The only thing that can define the earnings is viewership figures, which can only be told after the show hits the ground.

Link:

Godsend for Colors?